PINS

PurpleMoons

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 22, 2003
What is PINS?

PINS stands for "Person In Need of Supervisions." It is the name given to non-criminal complaints about the behavior of a young person under the age of 18.

Parents, guardians, as well as school official, police officers, and other involved parties can file a pettion on your child if he/she displays behaviors such as: truancy, run away, disobiediant behaviors beyond the lawful control of a parent or guardian.

Has anyone here every filed a PINS for their youths? What was your experience with this process? Family, what are your thoughts on this Juvenile Justice Intervention? Does this process help or hurt our youths?

If the process involves sending the child to juvenile detention, (which is bascially a jail for kids), then no.

Plus, there is some level of misbehavior that is normal even with 'good' children. Most will try to exercise their independence at some point in their lives... many do this around their teenage years. It's the job of the parents to make sure things don't get out of hand.

Also, I don't like the idea of somebody else being able to do something like that because my child is acting up in public.

karmashines said:
If the process involves sending the child to juvenile detention, (which is bascially a jail for kids), then no.

Plus, there is some level of misbehavior that is normal even with 'good' children. Most will try to exercise their independence at some point in their lives... many do this around their teenage years. It's the job of the parents to make sure things don't get out of hand.

Also, I don't like the idea of somebody else being able to do something like that because my child is acting up in public.

I agree Sister, but in the case where things have already gotton out of hand and the youth refuses to acknowledge and accept responsibility for their actions, will this type of program be more harmful to a child? Could it save a childs life?

No sis i have never had to go this deep or far with a child
I am all the PINS they will face and that's a fact...........

Each and everyone of my children , from birth i tried to instill
in them the worth and good understanding , a will and common sense
respect and good behavior these things are law in my home and
they know i am the law maker.......

I have heard of this use by a few parents / teachers , but this really
don't help all children but a few.....I never had to do this or felt the
impact of it so i can't say if it helps or harmful , i just know it start
at home within teach thy child to abid and not astray away.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back