Black Spirituality Religion : Pillars of Afrikan Spirituality

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Bro Clyde,

Most Christian Minister's consider Divination to be "demonic". What is your take on it?

Seed,

Most Christian Minister's, and scholars for that matter are unfamiliar with Urim and Thummin. Below is an excerpt from a post I made to ru2religious awhile back that supports my position:

~~~​

On Thummin and Urim, we find a mystery revealed. No clear description of these small objects is provided, but they are used by the priests for determining the will of God. They fit into the breastplate worn on the ephod, and may have been pebbles or sticks made from precious metals.

Some proposed them to be of African derivation to mean Urim equals “light” and Thummin “dark.” Thus one was light-colored and indicated God’s will in one direction while the other was dark-colored and gave the opposite side. Another possibility is that the terms indicate the beginning and ending of the Hebrew alphabet (aleph and tau); causing 22 letters to be cast out and read, more on the order of the Ouija board. The technique may have been to shake the pouch on the breastplate and then withdraw one of the objects, very similar to casting lots.

Seed,

Most Christian Minister's, and scholars for that matter are unfamiliar with Urim and Thummin. Below is an excerpt from a post I made to ru2religious awhile back that supports my position:

~~~​

On Thummin and Urim, we find a mystery revealed. No clear description of these small objects is provided, but they are used by the priests for determining the will of God. They fit into the breastplate worn on the ephod, and may have been pebbles or sticks made from precious metals.

Some proposed them to be of African derivation to mean Urim equals “light” and Thummin “dark.” Thus one was light-colored and indicated God’s will in one direction while the other was dark-colored and gave the opposite side. Another possibility is that the terms indicate the beginning and ending of the Hebrew alphabet (aleph and tau); causing 22 letters to be cast out and read, more on the order of the Ouija board. The technique may have been to shake the pouch on the breastplate and then withdraw one of the objects, very similar to casting lots.

Bro. Clyde, your depth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me. The Urim and Thummin were divination pieces used by the Kohen ha-Gadol. Their use was similiar to the Hakata divination system of the Bantu Shona people. The symbology of "light" and "dark" is reminiscent of the various Ifa Odu which are seen as "contractive" and "expansive". I believe they may be evidence of an ancient African origin of the Kohen lineage.

Blackbird

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Bro. Clyde, your depth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me. The Urim and Thummin were divination pieces used by the Kohen ha-Gadol. Their use was similiar to the Hakata divination system of the Bantu Shona people. The symbology of "light" and "dark" is reminiscent of the various Ifa Odu which are seen as "contractive" and "expansive". I believe they may be evidence of an ancient African origin of the Kohen lineage.

Blackbird

Blackbird,

I am your friend, not the enemy:). Thank you for the support My Friend, now lets solve the problem, as a team:)!

Blackbird,

I am your friend, not the enemy:). Thank you for the support My Friend, now lets solve the problem, as a team:)!

Doc,

I am the enemy of no man. I don't have time too. Life is too long or too short depending on how you look at it. Just because I might disagree occasionally with someone does not give me the right to personalize the differing points of view and demonize that individual to something unrelated to me. So in my heart you will see no malice - only love and compassion. Even in my disagreements, I support you.... always, comrade. We got alot of work to do. You do your part and I will take care of mine. That's all I can ask for.

But bare in mind, I identify as Comanche which translated in the Ute language means "someone who fights me all the time." My ancestors loved a scrap, being called the "Lords of the Southern Plains", and I - as their child - have inherited that militarist mentality. I ask for no quarter and nor will I give one.

Blackbird (A shadow rider with no allegiances and no enmities)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back