Pan Africanism : photos of black chilleans,peruvians and bolivians celebrating thier blackness

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by vandella, Dec 7, 2005.

1. vandella

vandella Banned MEMBER

TRAVEL INDUSTRY
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
  3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    These three countries are not known for having a large black population, unlike other South American countries like Panama, Guayana, Columbia, or Brazil. Therefore I'm not surprised that many have a mixture of south american traits. However it pleases me greatly to see the recognition of their African heritage.

FYI...I'm moving this to the PanAfrican forum.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
  5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Indeed brother O, if you scan through other threads in this forum, myself and brother Isaiah have presented several links to photos of Afro-Hispanics. Much to the chagrin of some Hispanics who periodically come on here and insist that "most of us don't look like that". Hispanics of African/Black heritage is South America's worst kept secret!

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Thanks Pan, I'm aware of it, if you remember I posted a link about the very same dynamic.

I was just pointing out the obvious ;)

7. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Vandella

Thanks for those beautiful photos.

Are you Afro-Latino also?

8. vandella

vandella Banned MEMBER

TRAVEL INDUSTRY
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i found those pictures on afrolatino.com i new that i had to share them, so you all are all welcome. no , i'm not afrolatino i'm haitian. i guess we use to be afro latinos for a while before france took over half of the island. afrolatino.com or afrolatino.org is a real cool site with alot of conscious afro latinos embracing their african culture.

9. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Vandella

Well, if you're Haitian then you ARE AfroLatino.

Lol...defend your Latino heritage!

Now I don't necessarily promote our people adopting and being proud of European culture, but I'm so sick of white skinned people running around trying to represt Latin America.

I want some Black people to start representing....like they're doing in those pictures you provided.

I wish the entire world can see.

Haitians are just as Latino as Mexicans and Brazilians.

10. vandella

vandella Banned MEMBER

TRAVEL INDUSTRY
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, DUAL KARNAYN, I WON'T MIND CLAIMING MY AFRO LATINO ANCESTRY BUT THE THING IS THAT HAITIANS DID NOT GROW UP SEEING THEMSELVES AS LATINOS. I GUESS IT'S BECAUSE WE DON'T SPEAK SPANISH BUT MOST OF US JUST SEE OURSELVES AS STRAIGHT UP BLACK/AFRICAN. TO BE HONEST I DON'T EVEN THINK THAT HAITIANS COULD HANDLE THAT OPTION TO CALL THEMSELVES BLACK /AFROLATINO. IT COULD REALLY GET OUT OF HAND, YOU WOULD START SEEING HAITIANS THAT ARE VERY DARK WITH SUPER FULL LIPS AND REALLY BROAD NOSES AND SUPER KINKY HAIR ALL OF A SUDDEN CLAIMING TO BE SPANAID. I THINK THAT'S IT'S A BLESSING THAT WE DIDN'T REALLY GET CAUGHT UP IN CALLING OURSELVES AFRO LATINO. DON'T GET ME WRONG IT'S NOT A BAD THING BUT IT WOULD REALLY GET OUT OF HAND. I THINK THAT IT WOULD BE WORSE THAN SOME OF OUR PEOPLE IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC WHO LOOK LIKE WESLY SNIPES BUT CLAIM THAT THEY ARE TIANO OR DESCENDANT OF SPAIN. WHOOOOOSH , THAT COULD TURN OUT TO BE A NIGHTMARE. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'M NOT BASHING AND I LOVE MY AFROLATINO BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I COULD CALL MYSELF AN AFRO LATINO WITH NO PROBLEM BECAUSE I KNOW WHO I AM BUT SOME OF OUR PEOPLE JUST CAN'T HANDLE THAT.