Health and Wellness : Photo of black grad breastfeeding goes viral

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jun 13, 2014.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    [​IMG]
    After walking across the stage to receive her diploma at the California State University – Long Beach graduation, Karlesha Thurman’s three-month-old-daughter began to cry (tears of joy over her mother’s accomplishments, perhaps?)

Thurman responded by breastfeeding her child during graduation, and then posting a photo of it online.

The Facebook page “Black Women Do Breastfeed” shared the photo to encourage more black women to breastfeed and offer support for those who do. Thurman took to the Facebook page to voice her own opinion on the photo.

“Thank you, I found out I was pregnant my last year of college, had my daughter one week into my last semester, she was my motivation to keep going, so me receiving my BA was OUR moment, so glad I captured the moment and so glad you shared it with the world so thank you again.”

http://college.usatoday.com/2014/06/12/photo-of-grad-breastfeeding-goes-viral/

2. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    You know we gotta be reactionary and without history when we have movements titled "Black Women Do Breastfeed." Who Breastfed most of these White folk forty years ago?

3. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411

Just flat out trashy!
    She ought to be ashamed of herself, feeding her hungry baby the way nature intended, and encouraging other Black Women to do the same!

Getting Degrees and stuff, looking outstandingly amazing holding that beautiful Black baby close to her,wearing her cap and gown, rather than alcohol, throwing up middle fingers yelling
    'TURN UP BI**HES'!!

CONGRATULATIONS YOUNG SISTER!
    DO YOUR THING, QUEEN!