Black Women : PHAT GIRLZ

karmashines said:
I don't really care for some of the roles Monique chooses, but on the same token I think the movie "Phat Girlz" is a step in a right direction in getting women to love themselves whether or not they fit the media image. I haven't seen it yet, but from the commrecials she tells the story of the tribulations of both fat women and a 'skinny' woman in terms of accepting who they are.

Truth be told, most women are on a dieting crusade at some point in their lives, whether they are shaped like a "beach ball" or like a "pear." For example, when I was 13, I started dieting thinking I was 'fat'... I also hated the lower half of my body, the big thighs, hips and butt. Most women are taught that if you don't look like what is on T.V. and in the magazines, you are inferior. Men don't go through this. There are the body builders and what not, but how many women give their men an ultimatum... if you don't look like so and so body builder, I'm not going to love you and I'll divorce you? How many women say men that don't have body builder figures must be lazy and don't care for themselves because they won't put the effort necessary to achieve that? How many women publically disdain men that don't look like body-builders?

But anyway, people on the boards have said why don't fat women do something to change their image... well, here you go. But even when they do, they're still not taken seriously because people are too busy judging the FAT and not the overall message, which is LOVING YOURSELF. A man can be listened to whether he's a body builder, fat, scrawny or average... but a woman only gets listened to if she is a size 6.

I sympathize with the sadness that overweight women deal with Karmashines. It still does not excuse the fact in most cases, it is self induced.
As far as fat men go. Fat men go through a certain amount of sadness also.
I believe a woman has a right to prefer a man in reasonable shape. There are no known "male" p.c.o.s. patients so men have less of an excuse.

I-khan said:
omowalejabli

No,she just made a movie and is getting $$$$$ for it along with media attention.

I personally think that some girls are "thick" and others are "thicker":donttell: . Not fat or "phat."

lmao... lmao.... Eye.... you on that hot sauce... lol... why wouldn't we tell? :rolleyes: I-Khan=======<<<<<<<<Fresh Meat Ova THere and he likes em thick... lol... lmao.... i ain't mad at you.....

and actually brotha O... kimora lee just jipped the name from her husband... she's just capitalizin off him... and russell doesn't represent ANYONE's standard of beauty.... lol

spicybrown said:
You're right, she doesn't have the right to ridicule "skinny women" just to boost big women's self-esteem. That would make her a hypocrite. There are thin women who have to pay thousands to mold themselves a shapely body, whereas a big woman can just shed pounds naturally and acheive an hourglas figure, Basically a big woman has an advantage, Did Monique ever speak on that?

good point spicy... however i will have to say that i don't know about an advantage.... women can be big and not be shapely... my guy friends call em spongebobs... when their butts are square like spongebob... or sometimes they call em patrick.... lmao... i know i shouldn't laugh... but they slay me... being big is not condusive to being shapely... not all big women have shapes... not all skinny women are shapeless... and so on and so forth... if you have shape... nine times out of ten unless you become grossly obese or tend to carry all your weight in your stomach... you will always have a shape.... if you don't have a shape to begin with... you can do all you want to but you still basically won't have a shape... some may try to add breasts.... they'll just be flat as a diving board but buxom in the front... lol... jmho..... :coffee:

omowalejabali said:
I hear you but I'm not exactly "skinny". Far from it. However, I do realize that excess weight (obesity) is a MAJOR health problem and a leading contributer to diabestes and hypertension, just to name two ailments which I am fighting against myself (and thankfully winning).

The thing is, how many of these "thick" sisters do you see GLORIFYING "fat" Brothers?

What i see is one argument but actions which indicate they are themselves in search of the "Morris Chesnutt" type....rather than "Cedric"...lol!

Yes being overweight can be unhealthy,
but honestly brother I dont have any of those heavy people ailments that most people think we have.
I have never had high blood pressure or diabetes.
I am happy to see that you are winning these battles.
These problems are more genetically determined.
Of course I luv Morris chestnut, we are on our way to the alter:coffee:
I also love heavy D,ced the entertainer,gerald levert,anthony anderson heyyyyy big sexy!:smooch:

spicybrown said:
You're right, she doesn't have the right to ridicule "skinny women" just to boost big women's self-esteem. That would make her a hypocrite. There are thin women who have to pay thousands to mold themselves a shapely body, whereas a big woman can just shed pounds naturally and acheive an hourglas figure, Basically a big woman has an advantage, Did Monique ever speak on that?

Not many advantages spicy!
The media glorifies small women with flat stomachs just as they do senseless shows like little kims countdown to jail!
I dont recall seeing vesta(before she lost the weight) in a booty video!
Skinny women are not laughed at or called fat b'S or have to worry about being stared at or worrying about eating out inpublic because you know someone is watching what you put on your plate!
They dont have to worry about taking hours and hours looking for something to wear and it still doesn't look right!
I'm sorry but the insensitive comments here bother me.
Everyone is not meant to be a size 6 or a size 20.
All of my siblings eat twice the food I eat and they dont work out but yet they are thin.
I excercise almost every day and try so hard to watch what I eat it's to the point where it's obsessive for me!
I even make my skinny friends sick with nutritional comments,hell they dont care they are thin anyway pass the cupcakes!
It took me forever to lose my weight and I'm still trying to lose but sometimes you want to relax and be normal and not have to worry about the world and it's emotionally tormenting depiction of beauty!:gossip:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back