Khasm13 : Petition to stop danish actor from playing Egyptian God Ra.....

Khasm13

Mar 26, 2003
tBgIhOJxyKFTxSm-556x313-noPad.jpg

Danish Actor to play Egyptian God Ra: Stop artistic team behind "The Gods of Egypt", from holding an all white cast.
    1. Petition by

Thorne Studios

It has been little to over a day since the Australian filmmaker, "Alex Proyas", has quite literally left me at a loss for words. On the morning of June 5th, 2013, he announced his final casting choice for his upcoming epic, "The Gods of Egypt", that strip the divine from the ancient text, into a land they once ruled. I had been a frequent follower of the story myself for some time now, due to my past interests in what would be made of it. However, the project went in a direction I would've never expected, casting the Danish actor "Nikolaj Coster-Waldau" (famed for his works on the Game of Thrones) as the Egyptian god Ra. When I heard the news for the very first time, I saw it has nothing more than a joke of sorts, but Mr. Proyas spoke truth and spoke it proudly. The race of the Ancients have been argued for moreover than a century, leaving their depiction to mere opinion. However, we must call this for what it is head-on, and not falter in doing so... a whitewashing of World History. Now, before you dismiss this as no more than just another article, listen to me for a moment. The fact of the matter is, our minds rely on the media for far more than we might think. From an early age, we are incredibly prone to the images thrown in our direction from a many different ones, eventually shaping the way we look on the world and ourselves. The blunt westernization of African gods displayed here is without a doubt, shameless in its own right, and will not be accepted nor tolerated. This is an element of storytelling that has gone on for far too long, and must be put to rest as timely as possible. I try to imagine a reality in which Roman Gods are portrayed as Chinese, but my mind just simply won't allow it. It is the same concept when speaking on the casting of "Game of Thrones" actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as the Egyptian God Ra. To set aside this racist inclination to paint history one color, we must fully commit to what we wish our future to be. I believe it is one where a child of any race and background can know who they are and where they come from. Sadly, this will not be the case if the only face we see... is a white one. Please sign and share this petition, so we can prove images such as these have no place in 2013! Thank you for listening and stay blessed.

http://www.change.org/petitions/dan...-gods-of-egypt-from-holding-an-all-white-cast

Who cares if it's White people fantasy that they were Egyptians then they are steadily spiraling their people down the path of envy and jealousy of Blacks i.e, Africans who were the real Kemetic people. Nothing in European culture resembles anything that Egyptian did in theirs. The personification of animals represented in the art, sculptures, fables and hieroglyphs that's all African culture. The paintings of the Egyptian people are all Black people, the sculptures with the deliberately smashed noses are Africans. Only Africans in diaspora debate this Egyptian race issue, in Africa I've seen people just laugh and say, "Well, isn't Egypt in Africa?" Don't allow someone's anger ruin the rest of your life. Whites are mad after traveling to the root of the world and when they got there it was African. End of story.

Who cares if it's White people fantasy that they were Egyptians then they are steadily spiraling their people down the path of envy and jealousy of Blacks i.e, Africans who were the real Kemetic people. Nothing in European culture resembles anything that Egyptian did in theirs. The personification of animals represented in the art, sculptures, fables and hieroglyphs that's all African culture. The paintings of the Egyptian people are all Black people, the sculptures with the deliberately smashed noses are Africans. Only Africans in diaspora debate this Egyptian race issue, in Africa I've seen people just laugh and say, "Well, isn't Egypt in Africa?" Don't allow someone's anger ruin the rest of your life. Whites are mad after traveling to the root of the world and when they got there it was African. End of story.

because more and more parents aren't educating their children to the actual knowledge of our ancestors and the more and more the tv/movies/radio stations are raising the children...not everyone has the zest to quest for knowledge so that makes it even more important that stories of "our" history are told accurately....otherwise we are going to have future generations of black people that believe they aint worth ish and their ancestors never did ish....

the whitewashing of history is an effective move on the chess board...

one love
khasm

because more and more parents aren't educating their children to the actual knowledge of our ancestors and the more and more the tv/movies/radio stations are raising the the children.not everyone has the zest to quest for knowledge so that makes it even more important that stories of "our" history are told accurately....otherwise we are going to have future generations of black people that believe they aint worth ish and their ancestors never did ish....

the whitewashing of history is an effective move on the chess board...

one love
khasm

This move is checkers now and should be to any African diaspora who has took the time to self-educate his or herself. The idea that we should be Father Christmas to the lazy minded Africans who don't take the time to read for themselves, venture out to study their own culture and ancestry and find true freedom is absurd. It's been absurd for a very long time that despite our pandering the message most of the sleep and dead walkers won't try to move in the direction in which we lead them. Isn't it about time we decide that we've caught all the fish we can catch, the boat is full and the we have to leave the rest of the fish in the sea for another day? We can't save everybody, especially those who in this day and age hasn't heard, read or learned Egyptians were Black people. I can see why the Africans who come here shake their heads at our conscious movements, they are total wastes of time it they don't deal with effective and practical solutions for living on a higher level. Let the Whiteman keep telling his lies and believing them himself because trust me many Whites are lost as hell too.

This move is checkers now and should be to any African diaspora who has took the time to self-educate his or herself. The idea that we should be Father Christmas to the lazy minded Africans who don't take the time to read for themselves, venture out to study their own culture and ancestry and find true freedom is absurd. It's been absurd for a very long time that despite our pandering the message most of the sleep and dead walkers won't try to move in the direction in which we lead them. Isn't it about time we decide that we've caught all the fish we can catch, the boat is full and the we have to leave the rest of the fish in the sea for another day? We can't save everybody, especially those who in this day and age hasn't heard, read or learned Egyptians were Black people. I can see why the Africans who come here shake their heads at our conscious movements, they are total wastes of time it they don't deal with effective and practical solutions for living on a higher level. Let the Whiteman keep telling his lies and believing them himself because trust me many Whites are lost as hell too.

u totally missed the point of my statement...
MOST black folks do not educate themselves on the knowledge of their ancestors...so ur point is moot...this type of mental warfare is tic tac toe to people like u and me but the for the majority of people of color world-wide this is not the case....henceforth this thread...if u can't see that then keep it moving son...

one love
khasm