Black People : Petition to help missing black women

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by gcuse03champs, Feb 1, 2008.

1. gcuse03champs

gcuse03champs Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi my name is George Cook and I am from Hillside NJ. I own the African American web site Let's Talk Honestly. I am trying to get word out about my petition to get more coverage for missing black women by the main stream media. I was hoping you could forward this email to your members. If needed I can be contacted at 908 963 3824 or george@****************.com

African American Web Site Asks For More Coverage of Missing Black Women By the Media
    The owner of the African American web site Let's Talk Honestly at www.****************.com starts petition asking for more cable news coverage of missing black women.

(PRWEB) January 26, 2008 -- George Cook, owner of the African American website Let's Talk Honestly -- www.****************.com -- has started an online petition asking cable news networks CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC to devote more coverage to missing women of color.

Mr Cook is asking that the stations devote one minute an hour to the story of a missing woman/person thereby giving national coverage to those cases that might not otherwise receive it. If just one station did that, 24 women a day, 168 women a week, and 8736 a year would have their stories featured.

Mr. Cook believes that this would benefit African American women and other minorities to get national coverage because it would not be ratings driven but morally driven. He hopes that because of the petition the cable news channels will see that there is a segment of their audience interested in these stories.

Here is an excerpt of the petition:

"Please sign my petition to get black women more coverage on cable news channels. You can sign here": http://www.petitiononline.com/mbw/petition.html

To: CNN, Fox News, MSNBC

"While this started as a drive to get cases of missing African American Women and other women of color more air time on cable and news it is now a mission to get missing women of every ethnic group, race, or religion more air time by asking Cable Stations to devote just 30 seconds of air time per hour to the story of a missing woman. That would be 168 woman a week and 8736 women a year that would get at least some coverage on a national level. Please help me do this by signing my petiton which will be sent to CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. They may ignore 1 or 100 but they can't ignore thousands."

###

Contact Information
    GEORGE COOK
    Let's Talk Honestly
    http://www.****************.com
    (908) 963-3824

2. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I hope all Black media makes this a Priority

And with the number of brothers and sisters retired from special forces, dtectives and attorneys can and wil form a network or consortium that we can economically support to investigate these cases and liberate these sisters!

3. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm suprised and shocked that...

this is not geting more support

4. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    :SuN008:
    :SuN008: