Black People Politics : Petition for Reparations! Putting Pressure on Obama! Please Sign!

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by teachthechildren, Oct 27, 2013.

1. teachthechildren

teachthechildren Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hey Everyone!
    I just ran across this petition this morning and was more than happy to sign it! I thought about everyone here and how we could help bring this task force to light. I'd like to see this happen before he gets out of office... we are long over due for this real discussion to take place!!! So sign the petition, and share with your facebook friends!!! We helped him get into office the least he can do is respectfully address this issuse... and I do expect some action not just a bunch of talk! Or do we need to march to the White House on this one and just sit at the **** door step and bang on the door?
    copy paste this link into your browser!

http://www.change.org/petitions/pet...rings-on-reparations-for-slavery-and-jim-crow

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I signed.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Actualy Obama addressed this issue during his first term....with the bottom line being; "we ain't got nothing coming".

4. teachthechildren

United States
    Ratings:
    +41
    looooooooool sounds typical looool do you have any articles on this I'd love to read it loool
    Maybe if we send a gay messenger to tell him Give the Negros some money .....he'll listen lol

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    So did I.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

His comments are true and accurate, teachthechildren, this came up as a debate question for the candidates running for democratic nominee during Mr. Obama's first election. Nevertheless, its not up to the President to do what we must do for ourselves ... With that, here's one of the most current informational Threads this site has on Reparations, and I will address you initial post shortly:

Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

[​IMG]
    Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde Coger, Apr 29, 2010
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-movement-growing-strong-closer-than-you-think.61773/

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Thanks teacthechildren for your ever present vigilante eyes staying on the prize.

Easily, I can support any effort, misguided or not, in search of Reparations, and I did sign this petition like the others.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    This effort will buttress Congressman Conyers' effort over the years with H.R. 40:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...y-noon-et-desteelive.78025/page-2#post-837392

I particularly like your suggestion of marching on the White House, we know was built by the slave labor of our ancestors, to get the job done, fo real teachthechildren, you energy is much appreciated:)

9. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    There's not enough laughs in the world to address this comical issue, Whites live off of Africa, I repeat, Europe is living off of Africa, there's no way they're going to help their slaves rise, when will we get this? Nobody is a friend to Africa, nobody is a friend to Africa diaspora, we are our only friends.

You would do better to create a non-profit fund and ask the poor African-Americans to contribute to their own repair because you're never going to get a dime from Whites, they know it, Obama knows it, hell everyone knows it except some of us.

10. teachthechildren

United States
    Ratings:
    +41

King Sango you may be right but I'd like to look that Negro in the eye and let him tell me to my face why he does not feel we deserve this.....perhaps there s a disconnect between his mom being white and his dad being African(not a displaced African in America)
    I say keep fighting there was a time we never thought we would not be slaves......so lets demand what we deserve like the Gays are doing lol and at the same time work towards building healthier communities .I will be posting the site about the land in a day or two.I am conversing with land owner about what's avaliable le tomorrow...