Black History : Pestering Black Woman Making Us Known in the White House

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Video

First Black White House Journalist Remembered

Alice Allison Dunnigan
Dunnigan.JPG

"Her persistence, 'Let's go...Lets go...Let me go. I need to be there. I need to be able to report this back to black people in a voice they're gonna be able to relate to," Allison noted.

Dunnigan wasn't content having become a member of the White House inner-circle. She asked presidents hard-hitting questions that made some politicians nervous, such as President Dwight D. Eisenhower during the 1960's integration of Little Rock, Arkansas schools.

"She would keep on bugging Eisenhower about what he was going to do about Little Rock and when he would send troops. She just kept pestering him and he finally sent troops. But a consequence was he wouldn't answer any more questions from Alice Dunnigan," Morrow said.

Allison said Dunnigan's life as a journalist proved that the power of a dream and determination can make anything happen no matter what your skin color.

A PLEASANT REFRESHING MOMENT of our ANCESTORS who did a GOOD WORK with COURAGE for OUR PEOPLE...

and seemingly the NATION at LARGE much LATER recognizes IT

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back