Black Relationships : Personal Space

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Is there anyone in the world that you let into your personal space?

Does love have to smother? Does it have to barge into my personal space like a bull in a china closet?

I wonder because no one who really knows how to love has ever loved me. I don't need anyone to make me happy. But I need someone to share the happiness that is within me and within him.

Relationships are not about giving. They are about sharing and it's easier to give a hundred dollars than it is to share a dollar.

We talk about if there is hope for Black male/femaile union. But whet do we mean by union? It's not about touching bodies. It's about touching hearts and minds. And I've done that. But the brotha who can come into my personal space and really love me--I don't know if he has even been born yet.

river said:

Does love have to smother? Does it have to barge into my personal space like a bull in a china closet?

I wonder because no one who really knows how to love has ever loved me. I don't need anyone to make me happy. But I need someone to share the happiness that is within me and within him.

Relationships are not about giving. They are about sharing and it's easier to give a hundred dollars than it is to share a dollar.

We talk about if there is hope for Black male/femaile union. But whet do we mean by union? It's not about touching bodies. It's about touching hearts and minds. And I've done that. But the brotha who can come into my personal space and really love me--I don't know if he has even been born yet.

Some of us are so blind sometimes love could simply mean friendship.
Are you asking if he's a soulmate?
Do you know what it takes to love you?
Do you want a man in your face 24/7?
I'm not sure what you are asking!

river said:

This is a good question because when I think about it this is a frequent complaint that some women have of me. There are only THREE women who I have allowed in my personal space, and even then no one knows all...my mother, sister, and daughter...

I have tried to let others in but they tried to control me, or take issue with certain things I shared about myself so my guard went back up. And for the past few years the women who I have been involved with accuse me of being non-chalant, indifferent, distant, etc. but it's jsut that after getting hurt numerous times that I have learned to detach myself to a degree in order to avoid much of the emotionalism that arises in relationships.

I have a similar outlook as expressed in your conclusion except I believe that my one true "soul mate" has come and gone without any indication where she went or what happened to her and since last October I have been struggling to deal with that reality..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back