Black Relationships : Personal Space

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Is there anyone in the world that you let into your personal space?

Does love have to smother? Does it have to barge into my personal space like a bull in a china closet?

I wonder because no one who really knows how to love has ever loved me. I don't need anyone to make me happy. But I need someone to share the happiness that is within me and within him.

Relationships are not about giving. They are about sharing and it's easier to give a hundred dollars than it is to share a dollar.

We talk about if there is hope for Black male/femaile union. But whet do we mean by union? It's not about touching bodies. It's about touching hearts and minds. And I've done that. But the brotha who can come into my personal space and really love me--I don't know if he has even been born yet.

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
river said:

Does love have to smother? Does it have to barge into my personal space like a bull in a china closet?

I wonder because no one who really knows how to love has ever loved me. I don't need anyone to make me happy. But I need someone to share the happiness that is within me and within him.

Relationships are not about giving. They are about sharing and it's easier to give a hundred dollars than it is to share a dollar.

We talk about if there is hope for Black male/femaile union. But whet do we mean by union? It's not about touching bodies. It's about touching hearts and minds. And I've done that. But the brotha who can come into my personal space and really love me--I don't know if he has even been born yet.

Some of us are so blind sometimes love could simply mean friendship.
Are you asking if he's a soulmate?
Do you know what it takes to love you?
Do you want a man in your face 24/7?
I'm not sure what you are asking!

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
river said:

This is a good question because when I think about it this is a frequent complaint that some women have of me. There are only THREE women who I have allowed in my personal space, and even then no one knows all...my mother, sister, and daughter...

I have tried to let others in but they tried to control me, or take issue with certain things I shared about myself so my guard went back up. And for the past few years the women who I have been involved with accuse me of being non-chalant, indifferent, distant, etc. but it's jsut that after getting hurt numerous times that I have learned to detach myself to a degree in order to avoid much of the emotionalism that arises in relationships.

I have a similar outlook as expressed in your conclusion except I believe that my one true "soul mate" has come and gone without any indication where she went or what happened to her and since last October I have been struggling to deal with that reality..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
legit-writer Black Relationships : Personal Space Black Relationships 21
One-Hundredd Black Education / Schools : Self-Help and Self-Education sites for personal research Black Education / Schools 2
C Black People : Why, Is A Very Probing And Personal Question? Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Computers - Software Hardware : How To Wipe a Computer of All Your Personal Data Science and Technology 2
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : If I said ... That I had a personal in person talk with God ... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Employee given CEO's personal car after leaving at midnight to walk 20 miles to first day at work Black People Doing Positive Things 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Loukas: Place and Personal names in ancient Times AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : African-Americans uncover personal history through DNA African American History Culture 3
G Black People Politics : What determine our future: White Supremacy or Personal Choice? Black People Politics 35
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ✳Reasons Why Black Women Should Have a Personal Altar Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
skuderjaymes Black People : Pentagon to relax rules on personal religious wear — including beards, turbans Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People : ANONYMOUS STARTS EXPOSING KLAN PERSONAL INFO Black People Open Forum 20
Barry Irving Black People : Is personal opinion and ideology getting in the way of progress / unity? Black People Open Forum 1
Liberty Black Entertainment : Watch: Cicely Tyson Looks Back on Her Professional and Personal Life in CBS Profile Black Entertainment 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : To myself and others/not personal Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
chuck Black People : Don't Let It Get Personal: When It's Political! Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Medinet Habu Temple (in Kemet): Personal Footage Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Personal Footage: See Black Women in stone Kemetic Temple Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 24
legit-writer Black People : Kids Having a Personal Day Black People Open Forum 7
legit-writer Law Forum : Advantages / Disadvantages of Personal Injury Action vs Worker's Compensation Claim Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
NyneElementz Black Christians : Personal Responsibility as Christians Christian Study Group 11
chuck Black Spirituality Religion : As Regards Our Personal Religous Convictions: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Secunia: Personal Software Inspector (PSI) Science and Technology 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : NBA player has personal ATM Black Sports 2
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : I'm yo personal "SANTA" Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : [How to] Teach Your Kids about Personal Finance Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : My personal friend J Charles singing at Hard Rock Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Indigo Blues Black Women : "No Woman, No Cry,” the personal stories of 4 pregnant women and their caregivers Black Women 0
Ankhur Black People : Internet Focus; Personal vs Collective Black People Open Forum 3
L Black Spirituality Religion : Sharing my own personal experience Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Should Religious Belief Be A Sanctuary Of Personal privilege and Safety? Chief Elder Osiris 0
S Personal Apology to Destee / Moderators Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 2
Ankhur Personal threats constant harassment Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 2
Ankhur Personal Attacks and Harrassment from Awo Dino Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 10
Destee Black People : Personal Choice Patrol Team Black People Open Forum 2
cherryblossom Black Education / Schools : Affirmations and Creeds For Personal Success Black Education / Schools 2
S Black Relationships : OKAY! What would your personal AD say? Black Relationships 4
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Do You Seek Personal or Collective Returns ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 17
brown_h0rnet Destee Network : Personal Finance Articles Destee Network : 2
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : CONSTRUCTING YOUR PERSONAL "TALISMAN" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 19
S Black People : "It didn't feel like Mother Nature. It felt personal." Black People Open Forum 1
S Black Poetry : personal letter no. 9 (forhim)/VaniOku#2 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
S Black Poetry : personal letter no. 7 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
S Black Poetry : personal letter no. 8 (tohimw/theredhatandbeaut.eyes) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : Personal Letter No. 6/Oku #1 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : Personal Letter No. 4 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
S Black Poetry : Personal Letter No. 5 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
S Destee Network : Personal, Relationship and Life Coaching Destee Network : 0
C Black People : Personal empowerment=Black empowerment + Community empowerment Black People Open Forum 2
S Black Spirituality Religion : No personal attacks will be tolerated. .... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2