Black Christians : Personal Responsibility as Christians

I'm not debating that the idea of white supremacy does not exist, because we all know that the idea exists and so does the reality of facing racism because of it. But do we have to accept those ideas as black Christians. I would argue that we do not.

My basis for this? Genesis 1:26,28.

We were given the authority to determine where we want to go, how we want to get there, and to determine what price we are willing to pay to get there in terms of our efforts.

Control of resources comes as a result of acquisition, and once that is accomplished, you have control over them. That's on an individual level, but as an individual, you can only go so far; not because the white man said so, but because you can only handle so much by yourself. Two events in our history show that if united, we can indeed control resources without the permission of those who hate us: Black Wall Street (OK) and Little Haiti (NC). These events relate directly to financial control and they both were accomplished by black people. Best of all, these events are duplicatable. Little Haiti, specifically relates to us, because it was accomplished by Black Christians. Neither White supremacy or lack of control over resources hindered their accomplishment of creating Little Haiti. But the efforts were not continued once bigots had shown their envy, jealousy, and bitterness over our success. Keep in mind that Black Christians did this, and they did it using financial principles laid out in the Bible.

Based on these historical facts, I do believe that control over resources is possible, that being prosperous is possible in all life areas - even with bigotry all around us. White Supremacy is simply an idea, like the idea of losing; one that we ourselves do not have to accept as a dominating idea.

What are your thoughts?

I'm not familiar with Little Haiti, but I do know that white supremists/average white man had the ULTIMATE "control" over our fortunes when they burned our greatest resource, the Black Wall Street, down to the ground.

I'm not familiar with Little Haiti, but I do know that white supremists/average white man had the ULTIMATE "control" over our fortunes when they burned our greatest resource, the Black Wall Street, down to the ground.

the power of White Supremacy surely did that. Yes, I live here in Durham and the previous comment and yours reminds me of that very history here in Durham NC. I lived here for years before I had even heard about that and actually saw Bill Cosby Show, and realized that Durham had that kind of history right here, but its all but gone now. After I heard a brief statement about durham on Bill cosby show, I had to go to the library to dig it up, and yeah, it is was a great for Black people here at one point, and now, I'm trying to understand the process in which it came to an end.

Nevertheless, I don't think it was just 'Black Christians' though, that were the only Blacks responsible for the 'Little haiti' or 'Black Wall Street' here in Durham, NC, but it was the Muslims too, like Malcolm X. But for the sake of this Christian Community and thread, I will post the scriptures previously cited:

[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
GENESIS 1,26, 28.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back