Black People : Personal Choice Patrol Team

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

You know, i was thinking ... why don't we argue about what car a person chooses to buy? That's a personal choice that we've somehow put into the category of "it's okay to buy what car you want" ... but we have all these other personal choices that we feel others must make based on information we provide to them.

Even buying a car, we could be all hard on each other and say ... did you buy that car from a Black person? ... a Black dealership? ... where did the raw material come from, to make that car, our Beloved Africa perhaps? ... are you supporting the white man's system, by having it tagged, insured, etc.? ... did you earn that money working under / for the system? ... are you playing into their hands, this way? ... turning the money right back over to them ... these personal choices are not allowed ... do you know the impact of that one car purchase, on our people around the world? ... could you have used that money for something better, to feed some Black starving babies?

Where is the "Personal Choice Patrol Team" when folk are buying cars?

Our people are qualified to buy a car, but not qualified to think of God how they'd like, or choose how they interact with whites?

How and who determines which personal choices are okay for an individual to make, and which ones are not?

I think, if someone is on this TEAM ... the Personal Choice Patrol Team ... then, they should have all of their own personal choices on the table, for all to see ... naked before the world ... every single choice they've ever made ... proving, that all of their choices are acceptable and within the guidelines, before ever being able to stand in judgment of someone else's. But it rarely happens this way.

It's usually folk just going on and on about what "right choices" another should make, never revealing all the wrong choices they've made, and are currently making.

Who among us has never made a bad choice? I nominate them as President of the TEAM! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    You hit the nail on the head with this one

..If I had the money I lost from BLACK folks who either walked by me to go to a WHITE salesman, worked me to death then purchased elsewhere-same brand,tried to "jew" me down but when the WHITE man said NO they would get pissed and leave and could NOT get a better deal but because of the treatment I endured I KNOW they left to save face, straight up lied insead of being truthful about finances that cost me money...I could go on AND I would still be working. THIS is an example of what you spoke of on another thread "WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY"
    :10500::car:

3. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    I fully agree with all that has been said. I HATE folks always trying to get me to come out of pocket on some foolishness. I will go where the best deal is. That way I'm support Blackness. MINE!