personal attacks

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Kingpin, Apr 22, 2005.

?

Has a Personal Attack Occurred?

1. Yes - Brother Pan personally attacked Brother Kingpin

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Yes - Brother Kingpin personally attacked Brother Pan

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Yes - they both personally attacked each other

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. No - just passionate discussion - no personal attack occurred

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Kingpin

Kingpin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Destee. I would like to bring to your attention what I feel is a personal attack on myself and especialy my mother by one of your moderators...

He has also belittled my religion and that is something I have never done to anyone on this sight..

I have had discussions with this moderator in the past and he has a tendancy to think everything is his way and everyone else is ignorant and stupid..

I will post a quote from him on the AIDs in Africa thread.

this is a quote from Panafrica..

I will clarify a statement here that I did question him as to why his family left Africa. I in no way sladered or demeaned them in any way..
    Why would I post an article that I haven't read? Those types of ignorant statements can only come from a neo-Con such as yourself Kingpin. I will warn you only once! Do not talk about my family, which you know absolutely nothing about. My wife's family are exiles from her native country. My father in-law has had no less than 3 execution attempts because of his attempts to help his country. His collegue is currently missing (believed dead) as a result of his efforts[B]. Maybe you are unaware of these types of situations because your mother was too busy having the white man's babies & assimilating into white culture, that she didn't have time (or didn't care) to teach you about black culture!! More than likely you can care less, because the white man hasn't told you these things are important. No the white man told you to go to Africa and convert them heathen savages, so like a good little soldier that is what you go and do.[/B] For the record tainted plasma pools doesn't disprove what I'm talking about. My entire point is that I believe tainted blood given in hospitals is how HIV spread so rapidly in Africa. I was giving examples of how tainted blood has created widespread infections in other areas. All the article says is that these people were infected through tainted blood. What is missing is where this blood came from! That is the $1 million dollar question!

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Hello Brother Kingpin ... (not sure if you're a Brother or Sister, please forgive if i'm wrong) ... thanks for taking advantage of the process available to present concerns such as you've posted above ... it is here for you and every Member.

The best way for us to approach this particular situation, is to let the Family decide if Brother Pan has broke a rule and personally attacked you. Of course Brother Pan may feel you personally attacked him, and post that in this thread ... as the accused certainly gets to respond to their accuser, if they'd like.

Because Brother Pan is a Moderator, i'm going to keep my thoughts on this out of the discussion, unless absolutely necessary. This allows the Family, rather than myself, to decide if violations have occurred.

What i'm going to do ... is edit this thread, adding a poll to it ... letting the Family vote whether Pan violated you ... or you violated him ... or whatever options i can come up with for it.

Family ... here is a link to the thread in question ... The impact of AIDS in India & South Africa! ... please read it all and vote in the poll above, as well as leave your comments in a post below.

At this point, we're trying to determine if a rule has been broken ... by Brother Pan or Brother Kingpin ... or both.

Family ... please give all your thoughts on this ... we're depending on you to help maintain our peace.

Okay.

How's that Brother Kingpin? Is this an appropriate way to address this issue?

Much Love and Peace Family.

:heart:

Destee

3. Kingpin

Kingpin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks Destee

Destee,

I'm a brother by the way and thank you for looking into this. I'll await the families oppinions on this issue.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Hello Family ... this is one of the few times we've used this process, and i'm kinda excited we are now!

I've noticed after creating the poll above, that i could have requested that each Member and their vote, be made available for all to see. Now that i've created it, i can't go back and edit it to add this. Should i delete the existing poll, which has 3 votes already, and start all over?

Is knowing who voted, and what they voted for important?

Hmmmm ... i think it may be ... might keep us more honest ... will let folk know if "new Members" are joining just to vote ... yeah ... i think it would be good in these instances to know such things.

So i'm going to delete the above poll and ask those who have already voted, to vote again.

Sorry for the inconvenience ... but we're learning ... together! :)

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Well ... cancel that thought ... i can't easily delete the poll! :)

But next time Family ... we will know who voted and how you voted!

Destee

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I voted both on the poll. The debate between Kingpin and Pan was pretty heated, but started to get out of control when Kingpin made the following comment about Pan's family:

<< The bold statement is yours not mine so don't try passing it off as me by putting quotes around it. I went there to help, what have you done besides piss and moan, oh yes, and you have friends and family members who moved away from the problem instead of staying to help. >> Kingpin

I could definitely understand how Pan got offended, especially considering his wife's family were political exiles. People who are political exiles leave because usually their lives are in danger for trying to help their country and people too much (at least in the eyes of their country's government :maddd: ).

However, (and I mean no disrespect to Pan when I say this because I do admire his contributions to this site and level of committment to the black community), I believe Pan's statements against King's mother and religion were worse. I understand he is ardently against IR, but I think it's 'hitting-below-the-belt' to insult a mixed-race person's parents, especially when they couldn't help what their parents did. What type of message is this board sending out to biracials if statements like this are allowed? You may not agree with the IRs necessary to create biracials, but you should accept the children of these unions as a person, especially if they are making an effort to get more connected to their black side.

Yes, Kingpin grew up in a white community, and is not as evident of the black experience as others, but don't discredit him because he's mixed. There are PLENTY of 'full-blooded' blacks that view blacks through white culture's eyes too. If they were to post though, would their parents be insulted? I doubt it.
    Kingpin's half-black heritage and attempt to be as respectful as he could when posting (before this incident), should be enough for him to be accepted in the community without fear of having his heritage attacked.

That's my take on the issue.

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I think it runs deeper than the post KingPin posted. KingPin hasn't been well recieved and I believe he would like nothing more than to blame Pan.

Originally Posted by Kingpin
    This is just 2 that I found in about 5 min. I can probably find a lot more if I take the time.. Just my 2 cents worth....I have noticed that some have a easier time than others expressing themselves. I have also noted that a particular moderator lets certain "friends" slide a lot more than others...
    ============
    03-29-2005, 12:18 PM
    Kingpin
    MEMBER Join Date: Feb 2005

Quote:
    Originally Posted by panafrica
    Who would that particular moderator be Kingpin?

Pan you do tend to let yourself be drawn into arguments.
    ===========

KingPin has drawn Pan into aruguments.

I have my doubts King is black or mixed black! It is strange he doesn't have more indentification and insight into the black community. His mother has family. No mother lets her son or daughter grow up and not have them know some of the issues they may face in this world.

There are mixed races in my wife's family and everyone one of those children know a lot and can identify with other blacks fairly well. The friends they choose are their own, but the love they have for their mother or father especially black would lead them to ask more and know more about their mother / fathers race.

Not knowing if King is black or White. Of mixed race. How can the original statement be taken as an attack?

=============

03-09-2005, 07:20 AM
    panafrica
    FORUM MODERATOR Join Date: Aug 2002

Quote:
    To answer your questin plainly my mother is black and my father is white so I guess by your reasoning that makes me a "what".

Does this explain some of my views?? yes it does

I have grown up in a predominatly white community so are my experiences differnt than yours??? Yes!!

I will admitt that I have come accross a little strong and if I have offended anyone I am sorry..

I have not experienced the overt racism that a lot of you have so I am not as guarded as some of you..

Thank you for your honesty! What this makes you is one of the biracials that do not identify with the black community (of which I have written much about as of late).

============
    We don't experience overt racism, but we do know the history or enough of the history to be weary of false treaty and friendship.

The accuser does not have clean hands.

King you have to be honest. You have tried baiting Pan. Pan should not have stated the point about Kings Mother. It is only true if King is of mixed race. Pan didn't attack your religion personally. He said we all know what the christian missionaries did. They did a lot to destroy culture in Africa. If you are a Republican then you may be considered a New world Order Neo-Con.. this is their new attitude.

King should not use personal information many of us share here to insight.

You aren't dumb King. You laid the trap and you lastest long enough for Pan to take it. The first punch!

Today, 09:17 AM
    Replies: 44 The impact of AIDS in India & South Africa!
    Views: 419 Posted By Kingpin
    you take so much out of context.I have been there and seen first hand. I have been on mission trips for medical and spiritual reasons.

I will tell you this there is hardley any advanced medical care in the central African and...
    ===
    You like saying that to folks King. You have said it on many of my post.
    ========
    Then you stayed on this post all day. Started yesterday.

======
    Yesterday, 05:47 PM
    Yesterday, 07:23 PM
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
    Today, 09:17 AM
    Today, 09:20 AM
    Today, 09:48 AM - You now have an issue with Pan issue...yet you contuinue
    Today, 09:50 AM
    Today, 09:54 AM
    Today, 09:58 AM
    Today, 10:10 AM - You respond to Pan telling you you are distracting. You are King. You may not do this on purpose, but you are. If someone is expressing a black experience. You really can't relate, and you turn the issue into maybe it was them or they are the problem.

It is hard to present the white perpective and apply it to the black perspective when you have only experienced one and are now trying to apply it to the other.

Today, 12:57 PM - then you return.
    Today, 04:37 PM
    Today, 04:45 PM
    Today, 04:46 PM
    Then at 5:00 you wrote your complaint.

King you have only contributed one post that you originated. No I'm sorry this complaint makes it two. Nothing to share or pressing in your life King?
    ============
    02-12-2005, 06:39 AM
    panafrica
    FORUM MODERATOR

Quote:
    Me neither brother!!!!!

No doubt...Kingpin! If no one else has done so, welcome to Destee.com!

02-12-2005, 09:23 AM
    Kingpin
    MEMBER Join Date
    : Feb 2005

Quote:
    Originally Posted by panafrica
    No doubt...Kingpin! If no one else has done so, welcome to Destee.com!

Thanks for the welcome good to be here

============

Work on getting along. You both were wrong. Let this go!

8. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    This was the original I was going to post! :gossip:

King you have not gotten along with others.

02-16-2005, 10:03 AM

info-moetry
    FORUM MODERATOR

Quote:
    I have read up on Lumeria (Mu) and Atlantis and other "Ancient" civilizations.

Because I dont think the same way as you or have the same religious beliefs as you do not presume to call me unintelligent. I may be ignorant of some of your beliefs but don't ever call me stupid. Yes there is a big difference between ignorance and stupidity.

I am not obligated to study something that I personnaly find a little hokey!! But you go right ahead and do as you wish like I have said Live and let live in all aspects of life....

Kingpin - u invited yourself to reply to my post & foolishly I might add....."What?????? All I can say is what are you talking about. Maybe Im just being slow!!!!

Who is this magical "they"???????????? - then proceeded to call your brotha crazy simply because you don't endulge in that area of study.....I said study because I THOUGHT that maybe b4 you open your mouth next time you might want to investigate the subject a little b4 u let your words go!
    I didn't call you stupid or unintelectual - I simply quoted a saying that has been around for decades......"it is better to remain silent and be perceived as intelligent than to open one's mouth & remove all doubt"

peace

====
    You gave Pan one of these.... :bam:

==========

I feel Kingpin you have been waiting for an opportunity to tell someone the statement below.

You my friend should go and spend some time with the people that you so forcifuly defend (not just the ones with education in the cities)and I really think you have no idea what your talking about...

I really think you have no idea what your talking about...

This is pretty much what you have said in so many words in some other post. In this one you finally said it. you have some great information, if offered in a way not to tear up, but build up. This is what we are doing here.

I am in Awe :picture: sometimes how you have all the facts and experienced the situation in so many grand schemes. Or manages to have been witness too, or been a part of many things.

In one of Pan's post he said that Kingpin chimes in and creates distraction. He does come in and try and tell us things aren't as stated, thought and that it is probably our fault or something.

You haven't been as supportive as you probably could be KingPin. You haven't and do not understand the many backgrounds and experiences many of us have lived. Yet we are still working to be one.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I was determined not to say anything in my defense, rather let the family see for themselves and trust their objectivity. Fortunately I don't really have to because brother Hodee did an excellent job of both summing up the situation & highlighting my doubts about Kingpin (he must have been reading my mind). I will clarify one important concern which sister Karmashines raised:

Sister Karmashines I thank you for your objective observation. Knowing some of your background (your own family) I can see how you felt I was "hitting" below the belt with my comments about Kingpin's "supposed" multi-racial background. While what I said about Kingpin's mother was not "nice"....I know that (I knew that as I wrote it). However, if he is who he says he is...it isn't a personal attack: It is the painful truth! My statements were not directed against all bi-racials. It was an observation against those who reject their black heritage & spend all their efforts promoting white supremacy! This is what Kingpin represents & he does so with every post.

I can recognize the difference between an individual who is trying to learn about their culture & one who is trying to sow seeds of discord amoung a community. Those who also have this ability will see this "thread" as what it really is. To quote brother Hodee once again:

10. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I respect your points, Pan.