Personal Attacks

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Destee, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

As i browse the forums, i've seen it mentioned a couple of times at least, that Members are being personally attacked. No Member has come to us with any such complaint, that has not been resolved. If you or a Member has been personally attacked ... please post the details, along with names and links to the violation, in the Management, Rules & Violators Forum.

We have almost 300,000 posts. The Moderators can't and don't see everything. We depend on the Members, each of you, to let us know if a violation has occurred. We will address it immediately.

We have been accused in the past of "babying" the discussions, coddling Members, jumping to the defense of a Member too quick. Many said, if it's too hot in the kitchen, folk ought not be in there. So unless a Member makes it known to us that they are offended, we won't know. Please keep in mind, what may offend one, may not offend another ... but if you were offended, personally attacked, please let us know.

We have a procedure in place to handle such things. I will make it more plain and visible to everyone ... but here it is for now ... New Violations Forum ... which isn't new at all. Basically that thread says that if a Member has a complaint against another Member, including Moderators and Administrators, for any forum rule(s) violation, they need to post the details so we can address the issue, giving the other Member(s) a chance to respond if they'd like.

We look forward to resolving any issues that a Member has.

We have a great Moderating Team, and they need some work to do! :)

If anyone has any questions or comments, please post them.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. havilandks

havilandks Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    It's a great Idea

But what do you do when the Mod's are guilty??? Thats kind of like the fox guarding the chickens.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Havilandks ... our rules apply to everyone here, including Moderators and myself. If you feel that a Moderator or myself has personally attacked you, or broke the rules, please present the evidence for the entire Family to see.

As in most every situation that is presented openly for review, the entire Family will be able to share their views on it, based on the evidence presented. If it is decided that a violation has occurred, and a warning, banning, etc., is warranted, it will be applied.

With all eyes watching ... i don't think we'll have to worry about our foxes eating our chickens.

If a fox does try to eat a chicken, i'm sure that chicken will be screaming and hollering as loud as it can (by posting in the forum mentioned above), allowing us all to come to its aide.

If you have any more questions, i'm right here.

Destee

4. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Feel free to bring any of your questions comments or concerns to any of the sfaff here at destee.com and be at easy to know that we will handle it with the respect and professonalism that the situation deserves.

Again we are in the business of building up we seek to make our community a home to all who find their way here. :number1:

5. Intrepid

Intrepid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Adminstrative Assistant
    Somewhere in this wonderful place we call the worl
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am glad I read this
    I too have just read some of the posts and responses and have felt that some where being personnally attacked, but thought hey I am new here I could be wrong.
    So I am just glad to know there is a place to resolve the issue if it falls.
    Thanks for the information.

6. havilandks

havilandks Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Nope no point

Going through a lot of the threads, it is seems evident to me that there is for want of a better word cult that sticks together and if someone disagrees with them its katy bar the door. As with what started this thread in the first place, as a prime example. If you read the thread they were feeding off of each other.

Same thing is happening in the Latins/Africans threads, to name another thread, but really pick any of the controversial ones. It is rather rampant, if one does not belong to the group and toe the line, they either are insulted, threatened, banned, or otherwise violated. And this includes those who should know better.

But I really don't see the point in trying to find cases and move them to a forum that deals specifically with these issues. Not that finding them is a problem, they are too readly availiable.

So far I have not been involved except once, and the reply I received was not worth the time to respond more than the once.

:bye:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Intrepid ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

i am so honored to have you with us !!!! you are one of those really awesome Members, that move my Spirit like only yall can ... relatively new Members, that join us and feel the love ... so much so, that they almost immediately become Premium Members. In a time when things are hard everywhere ... everyone is struggling ... yet you help us to survive. i am honored. thank you ... :love:

Yes Sister Intrepid ... there is a place ... and we are there waiting to help. Call on us anytime.

Destee

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Havilandks ... i have had the pleasure of speaking with you in another thread. i welcomed you then and i welcome you now.

You have been here less than a month, yet you have reached an opinion about this community, based on that. That's fine. I understand. You're entitled to that.

Family, feel free to express your concerns. If you feel you've been attacked, or a rule has been violated ... present the evidence for all to see ... and we all will take it from there.

Anything less than that is simply throwing rocks ... and then running to hide.

All i can say, is put it on the table and see how it's handled.

Name the people who are in the cult.

Destee

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think a clear distinction must be made when someone's views are disagreed with, and when their person is being attacked. For instance if someone calls a person's opinion on a particular issue "ignorant" or "misinformed" that doesn't mean that are calling that person ignorant. There is a very clear difference between a personal attack, and an attack on a particular issue. This difference is what we need to determine before warnings are giving & actions are taken. Many are not able to make this distinction, but that is exactly what must be done when making a charge that someone has been personally attacked!

10. BooYaa

BooYaa Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this include the fake screen names that get used by some individuals in order to "manipulate" others into a reaction because certain ones can't seem to find a reason to ban them?