Black People : Perceptions Influences Perspectives

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Al D, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +477
    I know that a lot of folks will read this and find issue with it.. That’s understandable because I am challenging everything that you perceive and believe to be true in addition to how you perceive yourself and others to be. We have become so ingrained in certain teachings that we dear not consider the possibilities of those teachings to be incorrect and definitely not contrived. I would like you to take a moment to just consider who you are as well as what and how you think and how that has manifested into what and who you believe you are today.

My perceptions do influence my perspective and I attempt to look at things in a more abstract context. This allows me to form my views far outside the conventional school of methodology and thought. What we are is not necessarily who we are and vise versa.. What if we are just extensions of an intelligent consciousness that requires a physical state in order to exist? An intelligent matter that has designed not only the universe but everything that exists in it. Yeah, I know sounds unbelievable. Not nearly as much as the story of some white man with long flowing white hair and beard who has been cast as the divine creator of all there is…If you can believe that well, surely you can entertain my theory!!!

So it is written that; In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters... And God said, let there be light and there was light...Hmmm, I guess that would depend on what a so-called God is...

So, how do I perceive this and what is the perspective that I have? Well, initially just like most people I suppose, I was taught that there was this divine God being who created the earth and every form of life that inhabits it... Consequently, my perception was dramatically influenced by what I was taught and the depictions of a God that I was shown resulted in giving me a perspective (view) that was obscured and incorrect from these teachings... So, the question is; why was this done? The answer I believe is that it was simply done as an effort to explain our presence here in a manner that we could relate too.It was considered blasphemous (and still is) to even think about questioning this myth..I decided to extricate my mind from these religions, their zealots and the so-called theologian scholars who are the conveyors of lies and deception and the purveyors of a manufactured creation story..I will seek to develop my own perceptions and my own perspective....I will question the story and those who continue to promulgate it..
    Continue reading if you like..