Black People : People in 15 States Want to Secede

I wonder if this is a pre-quel to a second civil war...I notice the 'timely' insertion of a movie about Abe Lincoln on the marquee and thus ponder how this may tie-in to President Obama...!

So if it did go down: these states seceding from the union, I'd like to know, at least from those who have posted to this thread....would you be opposed to said states seceding? And if so why?
And if not, then why not?

there can be no secession in modern times.. and without and Army, Navy & Airforce to backup their demands.. this is really nothing more than online whining. Their are too many things to consider.. Natural resources.. weaponry.. missile silos.. water sources.. etc. at this point in history, it's all or nothing..

We've already fought that war. They lost. No one owns Antartica. Let them leave

Okay so, let make an addition to my original question.

Senario: The govt granted those states that wish to secede to do just that inspite of the technicalities including those that skuderjaymes had pointed out: Would you be opposed to the sucession or not? <<....IF.....that were to happen.

Excerpts from a news article:

"Activists in all 50 states upset with the reelection of President Barack Obama have utilized the White House’s “We the People” online petition website to call for secession, The Daily Caller reported earlier today."

“By 6:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, more than 675,000 digital signatures appeared on 69 separate secession petitions covering all 50 states,” the report documents, adding “Petitions from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas residents have accrued at least 25,000 signatures, the number the Obama administration says it will reward with a staff review of online proposals.”

The petition from Texas alone has accrued over 100,000 signatures at this writing. But backing off from a 2009 suggestion to a Tea Party gathering that succession might be an option for the Lone Star State, Governor Rick Perry distanced himself from the petition.

4502ab6008ce96207bb4482a15f19cf9.jpg

Still, while some recall the words of the Declaration of Independence, “That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,” words incidentally included in the backdrop behind the presidential candidates during the debates (see photo accompanying this column), others take even stronger exception.

A counter-petition asking the president to “sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported” has gathered over 10,000 signatures since it was created two days ago.

While that may be laughable, albeit illustrative to show the contempt the tyrannically-inclined have for First Amendment political expression, particularly as it applies to a supposedly sacrosanct right “to petition the Government for a redress of grievances,” would-be secessionists should exercise caution in the way they publicly express their dissent, lest they unintentionally run afoul of a provision in federal law that directly applies to gun owners.

Among the enumerated disqualifying triggers in U.S. Code rendering one a prohibited person, forbidden by federal law to own a gun, is someone “who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship.”

Read the entire article here.

There is a very educated and sophisticated group leading this though

We just can't keep allowing popularly hyped misconceptions sidetrack us too...

I. e., their norm (not the exception) implies and suggests no undereducated white person is taken seriously by the better educated ones, whereas some of our folk go on and on about how our people are merely the victims of a white racist dominated public educational system...

To me, it's better that some of us can read etc., than none at all...

Making excuses and not making a difference has become my unending source of grief ad naseum, when it comes to some folks 'politics'...

So, I have no energy etc., i. e., when it comes to merely be gloating over why the other party's bid fell short of their goals etc.

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back