Black Spirituality Religion : People ask "'why is the bible full of contradictions?"

:popcorn:

Just like many books out there the bible is an interesting read but the Old Testament is just as nasty as the new. You can pick and choose as you have with the Moses story but as a hole there is some nasty ideas in the Moses story. It is not freedom for all but the chosen. I seem to recall something about killing all the men women and children of a curtain group, but keep the virgins.

So from front to back the bible is full of contradictions that anyone who has read can clearly see. Not only that but, there is a lot being done by the holiest on men that the worst of us would not do today.
It is consistent from the beginning to the end of the scriptures Old and New: There is a pure sacrifice symbolically of redemption by animal in the Old Testament; and then literally by the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ for the Atonement in the New Testament. Everything else teaches respect and wisdom for all individuals to learn. The rules remain the same, there is either blessings in obedience to God or consequences for disobedience. That is the way it is over and over again. The main point to learn is, worse than the physical death we all are born into is the spiritual death by the choices we make; because, this effects our life on the other side -- eternally. Part of what hell is; is to know what we could have had but refused.

It is consistent from the beginning to the end of the scriptures Old and New

Excuse me...But can you explain to me (an observer) who is the father of Joseph?:research1:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

:popcorn1:

Peace!

My question is: Why do people believe that there shouldn't be any contradictions in the Holy Bible to begin with?

Because it's is said that the bible is the unassailable truth by people of the cloth. It quite funny and ridiculous when you think about it. A book of a perfect god, written by his imperfect creation...

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back