Black Spirituality Religion : People ask "'why is the bible full of contradictions?"

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by LibertyLady, Jul 14, 2007.

1. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    and the God of Abraham ,the God of Isaak ,the GOD of Jacob said...to mozes .... tell them .......

''I am ,that i am"'

someone said ones....

God is Balance...

life surely is..

I dont care if it is full of contradictions...

Is a beautyfull books that is alive..
    with beautifull treu prophety,s...
    trough all times...

things that come to life..to light.....

i like the last chapter to....

where the lord talks about what happends if people at sumthing to the book..
    or take sumthing from it.....
    what happends...

and that he will return...

my concern is ..

am i ready...

when he comes back..

LoveLibertylady:heart:

Loveauroraflower:heart:

2. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    Frankly, I do not think that the Bible is full of contradictions. It seems to me that the biggest problem is people mis-interprete and mis-translate and manipulate the Bible. In this context, I think that there probaly has been some tampering with the Bible.

I do not like to get involved in too much discussion of the Bible because I am a Muslim. But, I wanted to share this with you so that you can see that I am not a fire breathing dragon, allegations to the contrary.

3. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    why deny, it is what it is. Just be glad you didn't write it, then again I think most ppl here would have done a far better job, than it's intended purpose was this (kjv) suppose to be actual history or a compilation of entertaining stories? Speaking of stories I particularly like the 'Sirius Trouble' story I haven't finished it yet but so far it's a true gem.:rolling:

4. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    thanks for responding :heart:

Much GodsLove!:heart:

right in these days people are so quick to judge a book by its cover ..

Religions ,or cultural ,racial background ,judges judges judges...towards eachother..."prejudges"'

AND i am sooo sick of it...

Well if i have One .....Prejudge without knowing a person ..

GOd shows me the oposite somethimes ...or Kickes me hahaha..

i mean you can have a intuition feeling of somebody ....but that one can fool you to of yourself are not correct with God or Close to him..

Lovelibertylady:heart:

5. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    Just take a dose of truth & knowledge and the understanding that comes after will cure that ole' sickness

I hope U get better:em2900:

6. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    It seems to me that the important thing is methodology. If we use the correct methodology or methods of analysis, we can learn from most any book or writing. In the case of the Holy Bible I advocate starting at the beginning, The Book of Genesis, the first words of which are "In the beginning...". In the first few chapters of Genesis we see some essential and basic principles. These principles do not contradict themselves as we progresses through the Bible. However, there appears to be contradictions where things are taken out of context.

Take for instance the principle of anti-slavery, the fight against oppression. This is clearly established as the Holy Prophet Moses (Peace and Blessings be upon him) liberates the slaves at Allah's command. It continues into The Books of Exodus and Leviticus where a law is established against ususry. This is because usury was used to entangle poor people in debts that could only be repaid through servitude. So, the Mosaic Law clearly goes against slavery by outlawing usury.

Things become less clear in The New Testament where Mercy and Grace become major themes. But, there is no contradiction here because Mercy and Grace oppose all forms of human oppression.

The problems seems to arise as we approach the end of The New Teastament. The Holy Prophet Jesus (Peace and Blessings be upon him) clearly states that he did not come to change the Law. However, this fact does not prevent evil forces from alleging that the Law no longer applies, etc, etc, etc. Once this lie is established, contradictions are read into The Bible. For instance, The Bible was sometimes used to justify slavery. By keeping the slaves from reading the Bible this was not impossible to do. Certain verses were taken out of context and made to appear to support slavery. Because the slaves could not read the early parts of The Bible, slaveholders got things their way. Besides, there is little doubt that The Bible has been tampered with. The original words may have been translated into this evil Englsih language in such a way that contradicts the true Message. This is why it is so important to know what the true Message is at the beginning, as in the Books of Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus and others of the Old Testament.

Rev. Albert Cleage wrote a very good book on this methodology called The Black Messiah (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Messiah-Albert-G-Cleage/dp/0865430780, http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/resources/blackm/blackm.html, http://saxakali.com/suzar/madonna.htm). Here the African origins of The Bible are proven. The contradiction is the white Messiah. The white Messiah is simply a lie to justfy racism and undermine The Bible. Rev. Cleage shows how no problems or contradictions arise until European imperialism and racism begins. These forces are external to the the bulk of The Bible. To the extent that these forces contradict The Bible, we can see that these forces are not of The Bible. They are more like fabrications, lies, distortions; not contradictions per se.

7. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    He say ,she say(and not even too much of what she says unfortunately) The old testament says, the new testament says, the Koran says. But what do you say. This is what I'm trying to impress upon you and others. That your word should trump what any book says or what any past individual is quoted as saying. What the bible says should hold up to what you say and not vise versa or at least you should be guiding your self to this point. You should be able to intuit the knowledge of whats true and what isn't. You shouldn't have to read a book to know whether slavery is right or not. It does not matter what the Koran says or the bible says, slavery is wrong.

GE 4:2-8 God's arbitrary preference of Abel's offering to that of Cain's provokes Cain to commit the first biblically recorded murder and kill his
    brother Abel.

I would not have allowed my children to get to any where close to this point, would you?

GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.
    Talk about sweeping accurastions. Let's say someone said this just about 1 group of ppl or said that about African ppl (I wouldn't doubt some of these bigots really saying this) all because some idiots said Allah said it.

GE 19:26 God personally sees to it that Lot's wife is turned to a pillar of salt (for having looked behind her while fleeing the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah).

Explain what she did wrong

EX 9:22-25 A plague of hail from the Lord strikes down everything in the fields of Egypt both man and beast except in Goshen where the Israelites reside.

EX 12:29 The Lord kills all the first-born in the land of Egypt.

EX 17:13 With the Lord's approval, Joshua mows down Amalek and his people.

Why kill all these ppl. This explains why some ppl go on killing spree quoting bibical verses. They're taking this seriously(what the bible says) reading things most ppl ignore for obvious reasons. (but sometimes I wonder maybe it isn't so obvious being how the society we live in seems to be on a spirtual decline)

EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.
    Do I even have to comment on this?

So my point is not to demonize this book, but you should be able to say Allah would have no part in these atrosities without having to further read into this book to see maybe these things were taken out of context.

Now if you agree that those things are wrong without rely-ing on reading a book, then what is that inside you telling you that this wrong. Would you negate this wisdom inside you because the Koran or Bible says different?
    :qqb025:

If you can touch upon this wisdom even for these short examples, is it not worth examining more what else can you attain from this knowledge.

What is more Divine you or those books
    ????????
    What is more Holy you or those books
    ????????

Not to sound corny (or maybe it's to late)
    But is this a case where I believe in you more than you believe
    yourself?
    :shades:

8. dattaswami1

dattaswami1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Resolving contradictions between different scriptures

The same Lord came to different parts of the world in different age to preach the same Divine Knowledge. All the scriptures of the world are the records of the knowledge given by the same Lord and hence cannot contradict each other. Yet we find sometimes that there are some glaring contradictions between different scriptures of the world. This is in part due to fact that the Lord taught the same truth in different ages and places in a slightly different way, so as to suit the culture and language of the people. This is only an extraneous difference. The essential knowledge is the same. Correct interpretation will remove the contradiction.
    Sometimes there may be an apparent difference even in the essential meaning.

In such as case the inconsistency is probably caused by corruption of the scripture over generations. Comparison with other scriptures of the world will help in removing the corrupted portions in each scripture. Here it becomes essential to bring in experience as a prama?a or a valid means of knowledge. While comparing contradictory views in different scriptures, the view which agrees with experience or anubhuti should be taken as correct.

9. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved MWkg hiphopolx writes:
    He say ,she say(and not even too much of what she says unfortunately)

What is more Divine you or those books
    ????????
    What is more Holy you or those books
    ????????

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:grouphug:

10. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    datt

So are you saying God / Creator by whatever name you call Him / Her taught these diffrent cultures Diffrent Story's About himself And gave them diffrent laws to follow ? And created all these diffrent Faith / Belief's / Mosesism / Judaism / Christism / Christianity / Muhammadism Al Islaam / And the many many diffrent Sect / Denomination that came from them , And the diffrent name of these God's ? Not counting the diffent Texs / Scriptures .

Why couldn't this God / Creator by whatever name you call Him / Her merely think his being into everyone's heart without the stress and strain of Religious instructions ?