Black Women : Pentagon to Lift Ban on Women in Combat

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by PurpleMoons, Aug 1, 2013.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    well pick up that weapon and get on out there, gurl…..

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    We'll see.

4. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Personally, i don't think women should be in combat, but the competitive side in me recognizes that there are women who can have skills and talent to serve our country in any level,.... men better recognized us women and give us our rewards for our blood and sweat to serve this country....

5. mywordsfly

mywordsfly Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    Hmmm....isn't there already a hullabaloo that military women are rampantly being raped wherever it is they are stationed already? Wasn't there also that recent "war with rape" thing that the US and other militarizes are doing in the middle east? I hope that with a greater number of women overseas, there are not so many problems, in this area.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    probably be less rape if the women have weapons…...

7. mywordsfly

mywordsfly Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    I really don't see them getting away with that, but will definitely stay tuned to The Future!

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    this makes me feel queasy ... i wouldn't want it for me or mine

i aint wanted my Son on the front line (in combat) ... let alone my daughter

:heart:

Destee

9. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I may get blazed up for this but I'm on the fence. I think they should be limited in how they serve. I wouldn't want a woman's feelings/emotions get in the way of pulling the trigger because the enemy is a father, or something in the way of this situation.

Peace!

10. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    you think we should b limited in how we serve?

have you 'served'? lol

clearly not....because a male veteran knows better than to say some *bleep* like that. lol male vets may not agree with women in combat but they surely wouldn't hold that opinion for such a ridiculous reason.

women should b allowed to serve in a more expanded role...bc we already are (depending on the branch). when I was in the air force, it was all about strict geneva conventions. (medics and chaplains have safe harbor. were not to b harmed.) when I joined the army (natl guard), they tossed an m16 at you. the army understands that no one respects the geneva convention.

in all that u do, that weapon must never leave your person. medic or not, you'd better know how to defend: your patients. a 'fallen comrade'. your squad. yourself.

...and yes - it is defending when a medic starts popping rounds. we're not infantry. we're not storming buildings. we're not sweeping neighborhoods and houses.

honestly I turned down my opportunity to deploy so I've never been to theater. however if someone freezes up in a firefight...this is understandable. its natural. war and killing r unnatural.
    it should b foreseen as well. talk to your soldiers. get to know them. they've got to trust you and have faith in your leadership. Lead from the Front.

...but what you're talking about? that's just unheard of. I'm a female and i'd promptly beat unconscious, anyone who let our folks/pts fall for such reason, though their sgt (if still alive) would probably beat me to it.

that's oldschool military, right there. lol these days u can't say boo to these recruits in basic training without being charged with emotional abuse, I've heard.
    its ridiculous. still, itd b my duty to lead and safeguard (functioning in an officers capacity). I'd b in charge. my responsibility and thats something to take seriously.
    the confused individual in question requires a change in perspective...and theyre in luck! I happen to be in the business of 'helping' people...lol

if you blieve that being born a male means that youre harder, less sentimental and less inclined to b affected emotionally by the decisions youre forced to make in a war scenario? you'd b surprised. you really would. hell -- males in my brother 'flight' would cry themselves to sleep in their bunk during basic training...I know that for a fact! why else r these rogue battleweary soldiers mowing down entire villages every so often? why...do you think?

never heard of a FEMALE military 'anything' conducting themselves in such a manner in any war...*smirk*
    ...but anytime someone mentions including us in combat op, there's always some damned man going on about how 'we' couldnt hack it. how 'us poor, weepy-eyed and simple minded females' will just cry and 'bleed' all over the enemy....

the poor dears. why do they let them in the military at all?

so long as a woman can meet the training standards and pass a male PT test? let her do as she wants. its not for anyone to hold another back due to preconceived notions/stereotypes related to gender/race. this country ought to b ashamed of itself for having done so...when other nations have long since incorporated female 'warriors' in their standing armies.

on another note - some one mentioned rape? that has nothing to do with this topic. *shrug* ...but f I could, it tends to occur bc women tend to allow the military to lull them into a false sense of security....

just bc u live on base doesnt mean its a good idea to sleep with unlocked doors...or go jogging at midnight...or get sloppy drunk around a bunch of men (I don't care how well u know them or that u work together or were deployed together or that hes in the militart too).

young women tend to b far too trusting and naive for their own good. that's why certain situations tend to only happen to young women.
    older females know better.

I mean - you don't see women making rap songs about having sex with drunken females....*shrug*

...and that's all ill say about that.