Black People Politics : Pentagon condemns release of photos showing soldiers with dead Afghans

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Pentagon condemns release of photos showing soldiers with dead Afghans

April 18, 2012 7:44 PM

By David Martin

war.jpg

Soldiers from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division pose with the mangled corpse of a suicide bomber in Afghanistan's Zabol province. (Credit: LA Times)

war1.jpg

A soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division poses with a dead insurgent's hand on his shoulder. (Credit: LA Times)

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - They are literally the pictures the Pentagon didn't want you to see. American soldiers posing with the dismembered remains of enemy suicide bombers, were published Wednesday by the Los Angeles Times despite pleas from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

The White House called the photos reprehensible. CBS News correspondent David Martin reports.

"We had urged the L.A. Times not to run these photos and the reason for that is those kinds of photos are used by the enemy to incite violence," Panetta said at a press conference Wednesday.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Pentagon condemns release of photos showing soldiers with dead Afghans

April 18, 2012 7:44 PM

By David Martin

war.jpg

Soldiers from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division pose with the mangled corpse of a suicide bomber in Afghanistan's Zabol province. (Credit: LA Times)

war1.jpg

A soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division poses with a dead insurgent's hand on his shoulder. (Credit: LA Times)

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - They are literally the pictures the Pentagon didn't want you to see. American soldiers posing with the dismembered remains of enemy suicide bombers, were published Wednesday by the Los Angeles Times despite pleas from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

The White House called the photos reprehensible. CBS News correspondent David Martin reports.

"We had urged the L.A. Times not to run these photos and the reason for that is those kinds of photos are used by the enemy to incite violence," Panetta said at a press conference Wednesday.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

Destee

This is just sad. But my first thoughts are that this government is angry at the press for exposing this!? They are mad at the press!--for showing the kind of Devils we have that are making us look bad. This just doesn't set well with me. Now though, that the press still did publish this, the government speaks on it and says that basically they don't support what has been done and that there are only a rare 'bad seeds' in the military. I don't know, makes me wonder what else is being kept out of the public eye, and what else is going on that others are seeing as being 'bad behavior' by people under this government. Are we being set up of what?

This is just sad. But my first thoughts are that this government is angry at the press for exposing this!? They are mad at the press!--for showing the kind of Devils we have that are making us look bad. This just doesn't set well with me. Now though, that the press still did publish this, the government speaks on it and says that basically they don't support what has been done and that there are only a rare 'bad seeds' in the military. I don't know, makes me wonder what else is being kept out of the public eye, and what else is going on that others are seeing as being 'bad behavior' by people under this government. Are we being set up of what?

Yes Sister, their reasoning for not wanting the pictures released, is due to the fact that American troops are still there.

As a result of these pictures going public, it puts the soldiers on the ground in (more) harms way ... so they say.

I can see the reasoning of that ... but i've heard that some of the folk pictured in these pictures, are still there.

The Pentagon has known of these images long enuff to at least remove those involved from active duty.

They've not done that, and it's unfortunate, for it makes it appear as though they were gonna do nothing.

Now that the pictures have been released, i'm sure they're scrambling to get those people separated from the rest.

I'm sure there are lots of things they keep from the public ... until they deem it safe, necessary, etc., to reveal.

It's really unfortunate that these soldiers acted this way ... very very sad ... and i'm sure they'll get in trouble.

Love You!

Destee

"We had urged the L.A. Times not to run these photos and the reason for that is those kinds of photos are used by the enemy to incite violence," Panetta said

This govn. is more concern about it's image then any thing else. These photos shows what little respect this nation has for life. A culture that values destruction of others, Makes games of killing others. Celebrates and honers those who are more then willing to kill for the nation of destruction. The real image of what it really is. A savage.

Our soldiers do a _lot_ worst than you see in the photos in this thread. We just are not being allowed to see the worst photos.

Note that there were women and children being held at Abu Ghraib. Furthermore, Major General Taguba, who supervised the military's investigation, admitted publicly that rapes had occurred as well as torture. The public was only shown photos of men being tortured [which was bad enough] because our handlers decided to allow Americans to keep on thinkly we are better than our enemies and that we must fight in Afghanistan to protect those poor muslim women from the tyranny of Sharia law.

But some of the photos we are being protected from seeing show our GIs shoving their penis into the mouth of terrified Iraqi women _and_ children. I happened to see a few of those pictures before they got cleaned antiseptically from the Net.

The soldiers who do these things are not exceptions. They wouldn't have taken the photos, and then held onto the evidence, if our military was not giving them reason to think what they were doing was okay, even admirable. Note the smiles of the faces of the soldiers in these sort of photos. These are not soldiers afraid of getting caught. These are soldiers _proud_ of what they are doing.

Same sort of smiles you see here:

pic6.gif

Remember these photos, these smiles, the next time somebody tells you we Americans are any less violent, any less ruthless, than any other of God's children.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back