Black People Politics : Pentagon condemns release of photos showing soldiers with dead Afghans

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Pentagon condemns release of photos showing soldiers with dead Afghans

April 18, 2012 7:44 PM

By David Martin

war.jpg

Soldiers from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division pose with the mangled corpse of a suicide bomber in Afghanistan's Zabol province. (Credit: LA Times)

war1.jpg

A soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division poses with a dead insurgent's hand on his shoulder. (Credit: LA Times)

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - They are literally the pictures the Pentagon didn't want you to see. American soldiers posing with the dismembered remains of enemy suicide bombers, were published Wednesday by the Los Angeles Times despite pleas from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

The White House called the photos reprehensible. CBS News correspondent David Martin reports.

"We had urged the L.A. Times not to run these photos and the reason for that is those kinds of photos are used by the enemy to incite violence," Panetta said at a press conference Wednesday.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Pentagon condemns release of photos showing soldiers with dead Afghans

April 18, 2012 7:44 PM

By David Martin

war.jpg

Soldiers from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division pose with the mangled corpse of a suicide bomber in Afghanistan's Zabol province. (Credit: LA Times)

war1.jpg

A soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division poses with a dead insurgent's hand on his shoulder. (Credit: LA Times)

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - They are literally the pictures the Pentagon didn't want you to see. American soldiers posing with the dismembered remains of enemy suicide bombers, were published Wednesday by the Los Angeles Times despite pleas from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

The White House called the photos reprehensible. CBS News correspondent David Martin reports.

"We had urged the L.A. Times not to run these photos and the reason for that is those kinds of photos are used by the enemy to incite violence," Panetta said at a press conference Wednesday.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

Destee

This is just sad. But my first thoughts are that this government is angry at the press for exposing this!? They are mad at the press!--for showing the kind of Devils we have that are making us look bad. This just doesn't set well with me. Now though, that the press still did publish this, the government speaks on it and says that basically they don't support what has been done and that there are only a rare 'bad seeds' in the military. I don't know, makes me wonder what else is being kept out of the public eye, and what else is going on that others are seeing as being 'bad behavior' by people under this government. Are we being set up of what?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
This is just sad. But my first thoughts are that this government is angry at the press for exposing this!? They are mad at the press!--for showing the kind of Devils we have that are making us look bad. This just doesn't set well with me. Now though, that the press still did publish this, the government speaks on it and says that basically they don't support what has been done and that there are only a rare 'bad seeds' in the military. I don't know, makes me wonder what else is being kept out of the public eye, and what else is going on that others are seeing as being 'bad behavior' by people under this government. Are we being set up of what?

Yes Sister, their reasoning for not wanting the pictures released, is due to the fact that American troops are still there.

As a result of these pictures going public, it puts the soldiers on the ground in (more) harms way ... so they say.

I can see the reasoning of that ... but i've heard that some of the folk pictured in these pictures, are still there.

The Pentagon has known of these images long enuff to at least remove those involved from active duty.

They've not done that, and it's unfortunate, for it makes it appear as though they were gonna do nothing.

Now that the pictures have been released, i'm sure they're scrambling to get those people separated from the rest.

I'm sure there are lots of things they keep from the public ... until they deem it safe, necessary, etc., to reveal.

It's really unfortunate that these soldiers acted this way ... very very sad ... and i'm sure they'll get in trouble.

Love You!

Destee

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
"We had urged the L.A. Times not to run these photos and the reason for that is those kinds of photos are used by the enemy to incite violence," Panetta said

This govn. is more concern about it's image then any thing else. These photos shows what little respect this nation has for life. A culture that values destruction of others, Makes games of killing others. Celebrates and honers those who are more then willing to kill for the nation of destruction. The real image of what it really is. A savage.

thePreacher

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
Our soldiers do a _lot_ worst than you see in the photos in this thread. We just are not being allowed to see the worst photos.

Note that there were women and children being held at Abu Ghraib. Furthermore, Major General Taguba, who supervised the military's investigation, admitted publicly that rapes had occurred as well as torture. The public was only shown photos of men being tortured [which was bad enough] because our handlers decided to allow Americans to keep on thinkly we are better than our enemies and that we must fight in Afghanistan to protect those poor muslim women from the tyranny of Sharia law.

But some of the photos we are being protected from seeing show our GIs shoving their penis into the mouth of terrified Iraqi women _and_ children. I happened to see a few of those pictures before they got cleaned antiseptically from the Net.

The soldiers who do these things are not exceptions. They wouldn't have taken the photos, and then held onto the evidence, if our military was not giving them reason to think what they were doing was okay, even admirable. Note the smiles of the faces of the soldiers in these sort of photos. These are not soldiers afraid of getting caught. These are soldiers _proud_ of what they are doing.

Same sort of smiles you see here:

pic6.gif

Remember these photos, these smiles, the next time somebody tells you we Americans are any less violent, any less ruthless, than any other of God's children.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Amazon’s lawsuit over a $10 billion Pentagon contract lays out disturbing allegations against Trump Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
IFE Black People Politics : Vets Groups Bring '#Me Too' Movement to Pentagon Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Pentagon study declares American empire is ‘collapsing’ Black People Politics 26
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Pentagon Finally Admits It Used Black Soldiers As Guinea Pigs Black People Politics 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Pentagon to relax rules on personal religious wear — including beards, turbans Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Pentagon Concludes America Is Not Safe Unless It Conquers The World. US Plans War against Russia. Black People Politics 0
PurpleMoons Black Women : Pentagon to Lift Ban on Women in Combat Black Women 12
Alarm Clock South Africa : US- South Africa War Games: The Pentagon’s Hidden Agenda is to Make “Africans fight Africans” South Africa 0
E Black People : Pentagon Has No Records Of Osama Bin Laden's Death? Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People : The New Pentagon Papers Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : After Bush lies about Iraq, Pentagon Office of Strategic Deception Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : 9/11 Helicopter Pentagon Video...do you see a Boeing 757 plane??? Black People Open Forum 4
S Black People : REAL EVIDENCE that the Pentagon was not hit by Flight #77 on 9/11/2006 Black People Open Forum 4
SpiritualONE Black People : Latest Video of Pentagon on 9/11 Doesn't Show A Plane Hitting It Black People Open Forum 4
T Black People : Can You Find The Plane That Hit The Pentagon??? Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : eric-holder-condemns-james-comey Black People Politics 0
King Tubbs Law Forum : White woman condemns Obama's attitude to race Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Sangofa Black People : UC San Diego condemns student party mocking Black History Month Black People Open Forum 5
P Black Sports : Blatter condemns Spain over Eto'o Black Sports 0
HODEE Law Forum : California to release 8,000 prisoners in hopes of easing coronavirus crisis _ Back to the Streets Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Kim Kardashian shares Kanye West album release date, after mysterious 'Jesus Is King' event, last-minute Sunday Service Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : To the president: a government class fought for the release of unsolved FBI civil rights case files African American History Culture 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Release my Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Liberty Black People Politics : WikiLeaks: Send us Trump's tax returns so we can release them Black People Politics 1
Liberty Law Forum : Chicago police release video tied to shooting of unarmed man Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama under pressure to release secret pages of 9/11 report 'showing Saudi Arabia financed attacks Black People Politics 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : eagles release desean jackson, call him a gang banger... Black Sports 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Jesse Jackson to mediate Colombia hostage release Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Mountain Blue Black Events : July 13-19th, New York, theartical release of "Family Portrait in Black and White". Black Events 4
S Destee Network : NEWS RELEASE: THE FEDERATION OF GLOBAL MERCHANTS Destee Network : 1
info-moetry Black People : White House announced they will not release Osama Death Photos... Black People Open Forum 21
Amnat77 Black People : Trump aide says release of unofficial birth certificate an 'oversight' Black People Open Forum 5
MsInterpret Jails / Prisons : Scott Sisters Must Lose Weight to Comply With Prison Release Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
F Black Poetry : Husband Release Colonic Cleanse Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
naija-man Black People : NASA RELEASE PICS:Life on mars Black People Open Forum 30
G Black People : Immeditate Release-THE SILENT KILLER-HIV/AIDS Black People Open Forum 0
Bishop Black Poetry : Xtreme Release Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
D Black Entertainment : Alicia Keys eyes October release for new CD Black Entertainment 1
1poetsought Black Poetry : Release Me ~ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
T Black Poetry : I dont Get It (Release My Mind) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
D Black Entertainment : Celebrities tell Bible stories in upcoming audio release Black Entertainment 1
U Black Entertainment : "ATL", "Waist Deep", "Akeelah and The Bee" Release dates Black Entertainment 0
T Black Poetry : Release Your Lust Like Orgasms Before You Bust Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Release of Midnight Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Black Poetry : Sweet Release Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
T Black Authors : New Release: IF IT AIN'T ONE THING by Cheryl Robinson Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Release Me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
watzinaname Black Poetry : Funeral Dirge/A Release Piece Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
daroc Black Poetry : a release.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
G Black Poetry : release, let it go Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7