Black Relationships : PDA - How Much Is Too Much?

When it comes to public displays of affection I like...

• Hands off!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An occasional pat on the back

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Holding hands often

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Being joined at the hip--sit on his lap

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Public displays of affection--different peopple have different needs. What do these needs say about a person and the relationship they are in?

Is it a matter of confidence one way or the other? Confidence not to neeed it? Confidence to do it?

Is it a matteer of dignity and self-respect?

PoeticManifesta said:
an occasional kiss is ok, hugging.. hand holding.. but tounging down another in public is unnacceptable.. groping.. i mean whrn it gets past pg-13... its too much!

I agree completely! I also have always felt that excessive public affection has more to do with possession than it does passion.

I dont care to really see big displays of affection, don't know about the people involved in that.

Far as for me, don't really like the really kissy kissy, mushy type especially out in public. Don't mind if I'm "in love" but still has to be in moderation in public.

Never really thought about if the person who is actually making the big display if it involves confidence, but in analyzing a little maybe it does.
I say this only because I've only had 3 dates w/a guy recently and he's on that mushy crap. Every time I turn around he wants a kiss. Sick of seeing his lips puckered up and poked out. Everything else is nice about him, but no matter how many times I told him to chill he won't. He thinks its showing affection. To soon for all that. Last straw, he started kissing on my neck at a karaoke bar, made my hair stand on end and I'm completely shut down to even wanting to deal w/him anymore. Just been avoiding him lately, now I'm am wondering if it is a confidence thing..... hmmm... interesting. I still don't want him, but never really looked at it like that. Good question

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back