Science and Technology : PCs in a Keyboard, where have I been

"PCs in a keyboard"? old news: VIC20? lol

It's not about it being brand spanking new. It's about something that makes sense actually being in production.

Stuff like this gets buried. You'll hear about the new "slick," breaks-when-a-mosquito-farts-on-it crippleware every second of the day, but you have to be Indiana Jones to find stuff like this.

ZPC not your daddy's Oldsmobile or Vic20

Glad to see I am not the only one getting "epiphed" from this.

My two ATX cases were banging my knees under my desk, then one of the older laptops I acquired had a damaged screen so I took it off, plugged it into my desktop monitor and wondered if somebody sold a laptop without the built in LCD display. The diff between a laptop without a monitor and this zero-footprint pc is that all the stuff inside is easily accessible if you have to fix or upgrade it.

The Vic20 didn't have todays motherboard inside, no internal hard drive, USB ports, the optical drive or todays keyboard and touch pad. And if you twist your face right, this ZPC is not much different than a regular laptop except no battery power and LCD in the lid is added. But also since built under the standard keyboard form gives more space than the laptop (aimed at portability), there is no need for the kind of cooling technology that laptops require, it also has an external power supply. This means more powerful CPUs, graphics cards and memory can be used. The specs are quite good, even for gaming! It should run Linux since it has no chip sets that have MS only drivers (a problem with laptops).

I would kick my ATX to the curb for one of these! The only other thing I'd want is a Wacom tablet where the number pad is.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back