Brother AACOOLDRE : Paul's Epistle to the Laodiceans & their Eye care medical school

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Sep 14, 2016.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE EPISTLE OF PAUL, THE APOSTLE TO THE CHURCH OF LAODICEANS

By Andre Austin

The Laodicean church, (Rev chapter three), was the famous church known to be “Lukewarm”, a term once thought to be negative. The letter is considered an Apocrypha book.

The apostle Paul wrote a Letter to this church and said in part:

“I thank Christ in every prayer of mine, that ye may continue and persevere in good works looking for that which is promised in the day of Judgement”. This is the theme of Rev chap 3 of those who could see vs those who needed salve.

This just further proves that being “Lukewarm” were “good works”

Paul also wrote letters to Seneca, who studied Meteorology in Egypt and applied Hot & Cold terminology found in Rev chapter 3 in his Letters from a Stoic.

Note:

I’m having an suspicion that this Letter to the Laodiceans is authentic. Paul may be alluding to this letter in another letter he wrote to the Colossians 4:14-16

Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you

Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.

And when this epistle is read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea”.

I was mainly concerned with the typologically links with Rev 3:15-16 & Colossians where the words Luke and Laodicea appear tightly together. The hints and clues are clear that the writers wanted the reader to be able to associate the spit of Lukewarm as healing substance for the eyes of the righteous which Paul was hinting at in his epistle to the Laodiceans that I already quoted above.

Tefnut was the spit that helped the eyes of Ra and the eyes of Adam and Eve that were opened.

Nelson’s Illustrated Dictionary of the Bible (edition 1986), makes two interesting comments:

“A Letter addressed to the Laodiceans by Paul (Col 4:16) has apparently been lost” p.630. I think its this Apocrypha letter is in its spirit.

“A popular eye ointment Salve was one of Laodicea’s sources of wealth. The medical school at Laodicea was famous for the preparation and use of this eye salve. The lukewarm church at Laodicea, however, needed something greater than eye salve to heal its faltering spiritual vision” p.940.

They needed “lukewarm” (Tefnut for setting eyes right) not the salve. All of this misinformation was done to stir people away from black history and religion.