Black People : Paula Deen - Dogg Bounty Hunter - Imus - Black People Can Be Killed or Mistreated With Impunity

I'm trying to understand; if blacks don't want whites using it, how will blacks ceasing to use it around them, along with all else you stated, do anything to help that?

Blacks using the N-word around whites says it's okay to use that racial slur TO black people. After all, when was the last time an Italian called another Italian a "Dago" around YOU? How about a Jew calling another Jew a "kike".... around YOU? They call each other those names, you know..... just UNLIKE blacks they don't do so when non-Italians, non-Jews are present. And NONE of their singer/musicians make a living off of casting racial/religious slurs on their people.

Oh, and "making it ok?" My neighbor's 10 year old son brought a white friend (same age) home. Another black kid came up to them, outside, talked for a minute and left. After he was gone, my neighbor's son, trying to front and going for hard, looked after him and sneered, "That N**** thinks.....!" The white kid, WANTING TO FIT IN, agreed kinda tamely, "yeah, that N****...." Neighbor's son started, looked the white boy hard in the face. White boy looked back, a confused, submissive smile on his face.... My neighbor's son made it okay for his FRIEND "who just happened to be white" to use the N-word.

Wasn't it used by whites when the word wasn't glorified by blacks? How will it help change a thing going back to that? Even if it eliminates the fallacious argument often used to justify it's usage by whites(i.e., rappers say it every other word, so why can't I?), how will it actually help stop them from using it? Won't the "freedom of speech" argument still be used instead?

There is no RIGHT to denigrate others. Your Right to Free Speech ends when you assault me (assault is words; battery is physical). As for the rest, see the above. People treat you as you let them. You don't want whites using the word, YOU stop using it around them.

Though it should be understood, I'm not for using it at all, truly. I'd much rather my own name, and using the name of whomever I'm speaking to. :) I'm just trying to understand what's being stated.

"You don't want whites using the word": The N-word was NEVER said on TV.... until Oprah. Oprah decided to do a show on racism with real racists in the audience (lol). Everyone black told her not to, said that she would be opening a can of worms (turned out to Pandora's box!), giving a platform to racists. She went ahead and did it. She was the FIRST on that program to use the N-word, before rappers, before Imus et al even came on the scene.

Upshot: The air waves have been rife with the N-word ever since. It has permeated the culture. Trust, it was Oprah.... who later would say she didn't have certain whites on her show because (said 'loftily') it would be giving a platform to racists. Btw, Oprah got her feelings hurt. Just knowing white folk LOVED her and/or were too polite whateva, to make racial slurs to her 'anointed' face, you could see the hurt when one hillbilly called her a monkey. She opened Pandora's Box; she brought it on herself. :news:

I'm trying to understand; if blacks don't want whites using it, how will blacks ceasing to use it around them, along with all else you stated, do anything to help that?

Wasn't it used by whites when the word wasn't glorified by blacks? How will it help change a thing going back to that? Even if it eliminates the fallacious argument often used to justify it's usage by whites(i.e., rappers say it every other word, so why can't I?), how will it actually help stop them from using it? Won't the "freedom of speech" argument still be used instead?

Though it should be understood, I'm not for using it at all, truly. I'd much rather my own name, and using the name of whomever I'm speaking to. :) I'm just trying to understand what's being stated.

Peace and Blessings Sister,

I think you've hit on something that is integral to this challenge for us.

Wasn't it used by whites when the word wasn't glorified by blacks?

Reading the above exemplifies how out of order this conditioned phenomena is.

We didn't start this. We didn't create nor use the word to hurt anyone. Yet it's our problem to deal with.

We're the ones ultimately spending time being offended, hurt, mimicking, accepting ... responding / reacting.

How somebody give us ugliness made up in their mind, and we spend the rest of our lives moved by it?!

One can even make money from it, if used strategically and in what is considered acceptable (to the cause?).

This stuff is way deep ... for not responding to the racist, ugly talk ... is a response too.

Either way we go ... either way we move ... we're conditioned by what they've done, this environment created.

Until and unless i suppose ... we can deactivate these buttons ... in a way that considers all things, and frees us.

The bottom line though ... our time is spent fixing traps and snares intentionally left for us ... over and over again.

It's more than a notion ... iono ... but very thought provoking for me Sister Angela22 ... Thank You!

:heart:

Destee

We even end up putting their ugly, low-down, dirty behavior on each other, to correct.

Notice how these kinds of discussions always end up with ... "we gotta stop saying it"

I agree that we should not say it, but i'm dumbfounded at how it ends up being anything we gotta stop doing.

How did what started out as their ugly behavior, end up on our backs to correct?

I'd like to go back to that juncture, and reassign responsibility.

:heart:

Destee

Blacks using the N-word around whites says it's okay to use that racial slur TO black people. After all, when was the last time an Italian called another Italian a "Dago" around YOU? How about a Jew calling another Jew a "kike".... around YOU? They call each other those names, you know..... just UNLIKE blacks they don't do so when non-Italians, non-Jews are present. And NONE of their singer/musicians make a living off of casting racial/religious slurs on their people.

Oh, and "making it ok?" My neighbor's 10 year old son brought a white friend (same age) home. Another black kid came up to them, outside, talked for a minute and left. After he was gone, my neighbor's son, trying to front and going for hard, looked after him and sneered, "That N**** thinks.....!" The white kid, WANTING TO FIT IN, agreed kinda tamely, "yeah, that N****...." Neighbor's son started, looked the white boy hard in the face. White boy looked back, a confused, submissive smile on his face.... My neighbor's son made it okay for his FRIEND "who just happened to be white" to use the N-word.

There is no RIGHT to denigrate others. Your Right to Free Speech ends when you assault me (assault is words; battery is physical). As for the rest, see the above. People treat you as you let them. You don't want whites using the word, YOU stop using it around them.

"You don't want whites using the word": The N-word was NEVER said on TV.... until Oprah. Oprah decided to do a show on racism with real racists in the audience (lol). Everyone black told her not to, said that she would be opening a can of worms (turned out to Pandora's box!), giving a platform to racists. She went ahead and did it. She was the FIRST on that program to use the N-word, before rappers, before Imus et al even came on the scene.

Upshot: The air waves have been rife with the N-word ever since. It has permeated the culture. Trust, it was Oprah.... who later would say she didn't have certain whites on her show because (said 'loftily') it would be giving a platform to racists. Btw, Oprah got her feelings hurt. Just knowing white folk LOVED her and/or were too polite whateva, to make racial slurs to her 'anointed' face, you could see the hurt when one hillbilly called her a monkey. She opened Pandora's Box; she brought it on herself. :news:

I believe your argument is rather simplified, and lays more blame on blacks, who in an effort to try to turn an ugly thing around and own it, stumbled and made a different sort of monster.

You give blacks more blame than the ones who began throwing around the N-word to begin with to demean us. They thought it was okay to say it to blacks even before blacks glorified it, so what I believe is in agreement with NNQueen; that is, it stands as hypocrisy to continue the usage like a wonderful thing, but get angry when used by another, but it no more convinces nor says to whites that it's okay to say it than they were already convinced, in their own head that it's their right to say it, already.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back