Black Jokes Humor : Paul Mooney Rips MC Hammer KFC Commercial

Its interesting you mention those three films, a Poitier trilogy. I think the Staple singers had a lot to do with making Let's Do it Again popular. But as you stated, Sidney's main objective was to do something positive for the people in all three. No, he didn't slip up, in my opinion.

And even Ms. Carroll wasn't enough woman for him. He married white. But those movies helped to make them who they are today. He and Bill.
So do are we too harsh on actors of all considering they were trying to make a living for their.families?

When ever I see things like this, I think of the integrity of Sidney back in the day. He made it a point to do projects that would up lift his race. But with this in mind, do you think he slipped a bit when he did Lets Do It Again, Up Town Saturday Night, and a Peice of the Action? Imo, it's a tough call when you look at the whole movie and the out come of each.

Peace!

i don't think him or bill was on some coon ish in either of those movies...
the movies were funny and made black people at the time feel proud of who we are...
i have to say no also to the notion of sydney slippin....

one love
khasm

Best fried chicken in the U.S.

While fried chicken traces its origins to the South, innovative chefs across the country understand the innate appeal of the homey, crunchy, juicy dish. Here, the most delicious versions in America.

More from Food & Wine:

ebf8f826-2e2e-4651-80af-de6b47da0db3_01-pies-n-thighs-brooklyn-ny.jpg
7def3fcb-dd19-443b-9583-febec6efe60d_02-two-sisters-kitchen-jackson-mississippi.jpg
3bdb2cd9-7df7-4b3b-813a-02f89b192e05_03-momofuku-noodle-bar-new-york-ny.jpg
8bcbb42c-975f-465f-8009-a34f8942a5e4_04-harolds-chicken-shack-chicago-illinois.jpg
77a7efe3-4902-411e-b243-39e17d2879af_05-crisp-chicago-illinois.jpg
6f121699-85db-48f3-8ad5-95ee5ddebe03_06-son-of-a-gun-los-angeles-california.jpg
1385090c-006e-4487-a2f0-15031d560fff_07-birch-and-barley-washington-dc.jpg
9c6c9693-32b7-4db5-a7c1-19f0ba49b05a_08-central-michel-richard-washington-dc.jpg

Two Sisters Kitchen; Jackson, MS
Two Sisters' Kitchen, in a two-story house, opens only for lunch (every day but Saturday) and serves a buffet of soul food made with recipes culled from all the women in Diann I. Alford's family. "It's like Sunday lunch at your grandmother's," she says. Piled on Sisters' all-you-can-eat buffet: light angel biscuits; grits and Southern sides that might include turnip greens; and corn bread salad (Alford's mother got her to eat vegetables by adding chunks of corn bread). The one constant: "If the front door's open, we have fried chicken," assures Alford.

Courtesy of Two Sisters Kitchen
7def3fcb-dd19-443b-9583-febec6efe60d_02-two-sisters-kitchen-jackson-mississippi.jpg

In the Spirit of Comedy,

Paul Mooney Rips MC Hammer KFC Commercial

Its interesting you mention those three films, a Poitier trilogy. I think the Staple singers had a lot to do with making Let's Do it Again popular. But as you stated, Sidney's main objective was to do something positive for the people in all three. No, he didn't slip up, in my opinion.

That is the thing brutha Clyde, what part they played that was criminal was small, and it was to set the stage. for example in A Piece of the Action, for me, I forgot the criminal part. I was into how he was reaching out and trying to help the students in the class. I like the scene when he took them downtown and showing the jobs getting skills.

Bruh...during the Blaxploitation era, I remember the first time I saw people onscreen who looked like they came from my hood, like in the movie Cotton Comes To Harlem. I remember when the melon truck use to come by, and we would come down to his truck and by melons.

I have to agree 100%, the goal of these movies were bigger, and had a message.

Peace!

That is the thing brutha Clyde, what part they played that was criminal was small, and it was to set the stage. for example in A Piece of the Action, for me, I forgot the criminal part. I was into how he was reaching out and trying to help the students in the class. I like the scene when he took them downtown and showing the jobs getting skills.

Bruh...during the Blaxploitation era, I remember the first time I saw people onscreen who looked like they came from my hood, like in the movie Cotton Comes To Harlem. I remember when the melon truck use to come by, and we would come down to his truck and by melons.

I have to agree 100%, the goal of these movies were bigger, and had a message.

Peace!

Oh how we long for those good ole days, compared to what we have now :wow:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back