Black People : Patrice C. Queen - please write my son a letter

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PatriceCQueen, Dec 25, 2007.

1. PatriceCQueen

PatriceCQueen Well-Known Member MEMBER

I teach Teen Health
    Ratings:
    +11
    I stayed in a domestic violence relationship for 17 years. Because of my history of abuse I did not want to be divorced. My husband requested a divorce and I took the opening in the door and stepped out. His response was psyche - how dare you leave me and since you left the children will be destroyed to punish you for leaving. To make the story short, less than a month after he recieved custody he put them on the street. i could not get the court to help me and they stayed out too long. It has been a long journey back and they both became gang members to opposite gangs. This reality made it difficult to keep them both in my house at the same time when they were not following instruction, when i could reel them in. My eldest is now married and the old life still tries to call him. My youngest son was doing a lot better. He had a full time job and was getting his life back on track. Then he absentmindedly decided to take a road trip to Texas and acquired a last minute passenger. Long story short they were stopped and drugs was found on passenger. He is presently facing deportation. If the court situation works out he might be able to stay. There is little hope of this and he may be deported to Nigerian prison. A lot of people who are here legally are being deported under false pretense and we are maade to believe that they are illegal aliens.

Last week I am told he his getting depressed. I am wanting a letter campaign to show him people care.

Please help me to lift his spirits. I want to show him that people who care about me also care about him.

Ejuwa Oghenetega
    497350 Cell B10
    Montgomery County Jail
    #1 Criminal Justice Drive
    Conroe Texas 77301

below is my open letter to my son

Dearest Tega

It has been a while since we communicated. I know it is not easy to be confined. There are many prisons people live in. It is my hope that you never face what you are facing again. I would like you to have a life that you are achieving what you want to achieve, building a future and taking care of your responsibilities.
    I am proud of you, yet there is so little time of late to share your life with me. No best words today. Except that I love you and I will never stop loving you. There must be a way to work through this and we must find that door. I do not know what to say. There is so much that I would want to offer and yet there is not much you want to take. We need to rely on each other as family. We are not on separate planets, even when it feels like it.
    I have been asking for your daughters phone number, I have a few small items that I am trying to send to Justice, Trinity and Oluwaore, as well as Jordan. I hope your situation gets resolved soon. I do not know what you are allowed to do and what you put your time to. Think if it is possible on the things you want to do no matter how limited you are today. Hopefully you can implement some of them when you are returned to us. If you want me to keep sending letters let me know..
    You are meant for important things and only you can dream for you. To become the thing the universe placed you here for. I want you to be in the life of your child, whether you live with her or not. As you know children need the support of family and you want to do for her what was not done for you. You want to support her growth and foundation and give her the strength she needs to survive successfully in America.
    I wish I could be with you, so much to say and do. Family is forever. Of course we have to limit the time we spend with toxic people. So we limit the harm they can do to us. You can still dream and become. I am not sure if I will be able to get a letter back from you. I am not sure what to say. Only thing I can think of is that having you in my life has always been a blessing. I know we have had limitations. It does not have to continue this way
    I look forward to a miracle. A change in your life where these things do not happen as they have and life becomes what you want and need it to be. So I look forward to the New Year and all that it brings. Maybe 2009 we can spend the New Year together as was customary and can continue again. . I love you forever. I hope we can enjoy some of the traditions that we started so long ago. I want to enjoy yours and Mudia’s children and families. Let’s make this work. Do not let people bring you down by their words or actions. No matter what the future holds, you are a capable person and can manage in a way that allows you to be human and just. We did not come this far to give up now. We as a people need to stand on our strengths. Do me a favor and with power and conviction start asking for what you want from within without limitation. It is a weird thing to do. This is how I live. Unfortunately sometimes my request is too small and I only get what I ask for. I used to try to teach you and your brother this skill. I did not define it strongly for you cause I did not want any to discourage you from using it. Time again to practice it.
    Much Love
    Your mother
    Patrice

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    WOW sister i can asure you i will write him shortly
    while this not the forum room to place this in but better fit in the open forum
    not the THANK YOU AREA i am moving this there so many can read it and
    respond .

3. PatriceCQueen

I teach Teen Health
    Ratings:
    +11
    You know if it is not the right forum i will mistakenly go there. Thanks for moving it for me to a more favorable forum. It is my hope that many respond. It will brighten his day. He has been there for about 6 months. I keep up with him twice weekly through his brother. Since we used to share New Years letters I thought it was a great way to respond to his depression. It is my hope that maybe this is the end of negative repetitive behavior and the people that surround it. He was a intuitive progressive child. I am sure some of his innocence is still there with greater growth potential. I could not save them by controlling them. It was necessary to remind them from time to time that they knew the right answers and what to do. They can honestly not blame me for their situation. I think they also have to say we were raised by imperfect people who failed us, we too followed suit and failed ourselves, no one has to stay in the pit. I thank you again for your support, and the support you are willing to give him.By the way he was able to cook a genuine 5 course meal on his own at the age of 12.

Peace

Patrice

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    the power..

..of a mothers love :heart:

PCQ - I have sent your son a inspriational message.

Take care of yourself :love:

Zulile

5. PatriceCQueen

I teach Teen Health
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you Zulilie

It is much appreciated. I am sure he will be surprised and pleased. Thanks a million.

Happy Holidays

Happy New Year

Peace

Patrice

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Patrice ... this is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your baby with us!

I've written the letter below, and will get it in the mail in the morning!

Love You! :blowkiss:

:heart:

Destee

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Peace and Blessings Tega,

My name is Destee, and you don't know me, but i know a little about you.

I know your Mother, Patrice, and she is a part of an online community on the Internet (http://destee.com). She introduced you to us, and asked if we'd write you every now and again, just to let you feel some of the love we have for her, oozing onto you! :)

Well, let me start by saying ... WE LOVE YOUR MOTHER ... (which means WE LOVE YOU TOO!) ... She is so beautiful and so blessed! I don't know if you know, but she wasn't feeling well for awhile here recently, and we were all worried about her. It was so beautiful how God healed her, and brought her back to us! We count her as our MIRACLE BABY! I'm telling you all of this so you can know, the woman you come from, is highly favored of God! God truly blessed her to heal and overcome the challenges that were plaguing her body. It was really a miracle Tega, and you should wallow in the greatness that God has bestowed upon her. The same miraculous power that God demonstrated / showed her, is yours too, for the asking! How can God bless the Momma, without being willing to bless her baby?!!! So look toward whatever higher powers you may think on, and beseech them to bless you too! Shoot, when i'm in trouble (and i'm there often), i go to God asking for the same kinds of blessings and miracles i've heard other folk speak of! Don't ever give up believing that there is something greater and more powerful in store for your life.

Your Mother told us that you were incarcerated, and my heart goes out to you. I have a son, and even though he's not ever been locked up, my heart hurts for every single young Black Man that has had to experience such. I don't care what you did, or what they say you did, it doesn't matter to me. The odds are so against you, the table leaning so unfairly, that no matter what you did or didn't do, the chances are great that if you're a Black Man, you're going to spend some time locked up. So don't even worry about feeling any kinda way bad, even if you did do something wrong. Everyone has done something wrong in their life. It's just, for a Black Man, it costs him so much more than it costs others. Keep your head up Young Brother!

I'm praying with you and your Mother, that this will all go well, and that you'll get out of that place without too many scars. When you get out, since we know that nothing is right or fair for you, you'll have to be very very careful, doing your best to make every decision right. I'm believing in you, that you'll be able to do that.

Tega, i don't know if you'll be able to write me back or not, or even if you get this. Don't worry though, about writing me back. I'll keep in touch with your Mother, and if you just mention to her that you received my letter, that will be sufficient. I'll continue to write and share with you as much encouragement as i can.

They've started showing prison documentaries on television, but even without them, i know that it must be a very trying place to live. I want you to be careful, keep yourself safe, try to stay where the folk need you to be, so you can get out of there as soon as possible. Please try to keep yourself in a place where no one can further hurt, mistreat, or harm you. You've got to keep yourself together, so when you get out, we can meet! :)

You have a wonderful Mother who has extended herself, so that you may receive some of the love she gets from us. That is sooo beautiful! Love her forever!

I'll write more next time.

Stay Forever Encouraged and as Safe as Possible!

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

7. PatriceCQueen

I teach Teen Health
    Ratings:
    +11
    AAWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE

I SO APPRECIATE THAT DESTEE

THANK YOU SO MUCH

PEACE

PATRICE

8. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Dear Sister Patrice:

My heart was touched by this appeal on behalf of your son.

Please inform if his address is the same or give a new one if he has been moved, and I will send him a letter as well.

My prayers go up for you and him.