Black Relationships : Paternity Fraud

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Regina, May 6, 2003.

1. Regina

Regina Well-Known Member MEMBER

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    In these promiscuous times, many women don't know who's the father of their child.

In 30% of tested paternity cases, the father identified as the father ended up not being the biological father. A woman can put the name of who she thinks is the father on the birth certificate. When the court establishes paternity, the man is responsible for the child. Once a man's name is on the birth certificate as the father, it is almost next to impossible to remove it. Even if the man proves he is not the father through DNA testing, he is still liable for child support and the mother is not penalized for lying. There are three states that now have laws against paternity fraud. They are Georgia, Ohio and Maryland.

Do you think women should be tried for perjury for lying about the paternity? What are your thoughts on this subject?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i agree with keme .........
    yes she should be and slap with a lawsue
    for the trouble and pain she took him through
    men have paid the way for nothing far too long

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I personally can think of no greater betrayal than paternity fraud. So yes, I think the woman should be tried for perjury. Simply because a woman knows (or should) know that if she is sleeping with more than 1 man at the time she got pregnant the paternity of the baby is in doubt.

4. Regina

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree wholeheartedly that she should be tried for perjury. That will stop the mess if there is a real consequence. She thinks she is saving face by not admitting she was sexually active with more than one man. However, it all comes out in the end. What is usually decided by the woman is, "I'll just pick the man with the most to offer as the father".

check out www.paternityfraud.com

to see how someone I know in Georgia dealt with his problem with paternity fraud. He is working to assist other men with the same issue.

Many feminist groups don't want laws passed on this issue. I say if you for right, then stand for right on all issues!

5. Girlchild

Girlchild Member MEMBER

healthcare
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I think that any woman who commits paternity fraud should have some type of penalty to include restitution. But the emotional damage done to the child and the person he/she thought was their father is almost unforgivable. BTW in GA, if an unmarried woman gives birth, the father must sign before his name can go on the birth certificate or carry his name.

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    know ya rights !!!

7. Regina

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    My family is dealing with this now...

One of my uncles is experiencing potential paternity fraud now. He has raised the son he had by his ex-girlfriend. My cousin is now 18. My uncle has always claimed his son on his taxes. The IRS informed him this year that the mother and her husband are also claiming his son on their taxes. My uncle provided the information necessary to prove he has cared for his son. However, the mother told the IRS that the father of her son is not my uncle. So, now my uncle has to get a DNA test to prove he is the father. She has never paid him any child support and didn't really want the child. The family is really upset, especially my uncle and cousin. Regardless of the results, my cousin will always be family and my uncle stated he will always be his son. If the DNA test proves my uncle is not the father, she should be sued for fraud. This is a crime that affects so many people and it just that "a crime".

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes and sad that so many have to take on the myth of fraud
    i too know someone dealing with this delima
    if she knew this wasn't the father's child why put him through
    the mess and hurt everyone on the end , this most def a crime
    and she should pay the price for his pain and troubles
    but the question is !
    how can we stop this ?
    and what can we do to protect men rights ?
    lawmakers should look deep into this that's now spreading wide
    and setting a tone for destructional
    if a few women who lie , cheat and take men for such be hit hard
    it might stop a few from the acts of unjustice misconduct on child
    care and fatherhood
    is it a game to them ?
    or a weapon to use against men to countless royalties $$$
    what can we as people do to start putting an end to this
    wage judgement
    no answers found of yet !.................

9. Regina

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    Women are always seen as the victim.

When women are punished severely for the crime it will stop. There are feminist groups actually trying to prevent paternity fraud laws in the country. They feel if a man sleeps with a woman he should support her and any children regardless of who is the father. They feel it hurts the children. The woman hurts the children when she doesn't admit she has been intimate with different men and doesn't try to find out the child's true father. It is so wrong. We must insist on laws passed in every state and the crime punished. Our children suffer when they don't know their true parentage. Plus it is blatant manipulation of someone else's life. Our families were torn apart by slavery...now they are being torn apart by manipulation by various interest groups who perpetuate and condone this lie.

10. Regina

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    Press conference at the National Press Club* in Washington, DC includes Paternity Fra

Press conference at the National Press Club* in Washington, DC includes Paternity Fraud speech

Press Release

The National Coalition of Free Men, DC Chapter is proud to host a press conference at the National Press Club* in Washington, DC on Thursday, July 10, 2003 from 1:00 to 4:00pm EST entitled:

Voices From the Other Side of the Gender Debate

For too long, only one side of the story of the impact of the last 30 years of social and political gender issues change has been heard. Topics around the status of men and boys, their opportunities and roles in American/western society, their civil rights, and overall well-being are poised to be the largest new class of newsworthy items of the 21st Century.

Join us at this lively conference to hear well-known speakers address topics of vital interest to the future of our society and the condition of men as individuals and as a group. Our four speakers are authorities in this field and will address these topics:

Wendy McElroy: "Searching for Sex in a Post-Feminist World"

Lionel Tiger: "American Men: Missing in Action?"

Stephen Baskerville: "The Politics of Family Breakdown"

Carnell Smith: "The Art of Deception: When the Genes Don’t Fit…"

CONTACT: Matt Campbell, VP/Treasurer of the DC Chapter - 202-872-6085 and
    [email protected]

Learn more about NCFM-DC at http://www.ncfm-dc.org/

* National Press Club: 529 14th Street NW, Washington, DC http://npc.press.org/