Black Spirituality Religion : Pastors and Money

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
So, if a pastor works a full time (salaried at that) job and his church gives him a salary of 25-60 thousand dollars a year on top of that, is he a pulpit pimp?

The way I see is this:
The problem is that preachers should not be looking for or demanding money for preaching the word of God. To preach and minister is everyone's duty as a believer. If that is in the pulpit great but if not it's somewhere else. We now have it to where preachers, music directors, ministers, and everyone else is holding their hand out for money claiming they are owed it for doing their reasonable service. If people want to give a love offering that, that's one thing, but to demand it and treat ministry as an industry is wrong. Last time I checked, greed is a sin. Once you start getting a check you are no longer working for God and you are a paid spokesman for their brand of religion. When God calls you to do something he does not discuss your payment. Love offerings are OK big pay checks and demands are not ok. According to the Word, Jesus was a servant, and for us believers, the role of a servant is to serve. If he (Jesus) was a servant, how different are we than him? He gave his life for us and we can't even give a few hours to help someone else in need. The way churches are run these days (not all of them), I don't see it working because it is not working. That's my take on it. The words have now been spoken.

So, if a pastor works a full time job and his church gives him a salary of 25-60 thousand dollars a year on top of that, is he a pulpit pimp?

The way I see is this:
The problem is that preachers should not be looking for or demanding money for preaching the word of God. To preach and minister is everyone's duty as a believer. If that is in the pulpit great but if not it's somewhere else. We now have it to where preachers, music directors, ministers, and everyone else is holding there hand out for money claiming they are owed it for doing there reasonable service. If people want to give a love offering that, that's one thing, but to demand it and treat ministry as an industry is wrong. Last time I checked, greed is a sin. Once you start getting a check you are no longer working for God and you are a paid spokesman for there brand of religion. When God calls you to do something he does not discuss your payment. Love offerings are OK big pay checks and demands are not ok. According to the Word, Jesus was a servant, and for us believers, the role of a servant is the serve. If he (Jesus) was a servant, how different are we than him. He gave his life for us and we can't even give a few hours to help someone else in need. The way churches are ran these days (not all of them), I don't see it working because it is not working. That's my take on it. The words have now been spoken.

Legit...I like the phrase pulpit pimp:lol::lol:

Money given is supposed to be for the church as a family. It's supposed to be there to support all in attendance for the Word of the Father, and not payment to support lavish lifestyles. Wolves have simply taken advantage of how things once were.
yeah I used to go to a church where the pastor was making about 50 grand a year with the full time job he had but at the same time was also demanding money from the church as well. He was driving Mercedes Benzes and everything. He was straight greedy.

Isaiah 56

King James Version (KJV)

8 The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.
9 All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.
10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.
12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 56&version=KJV

So, if a pastor works a full time (salaried at that) job and his church gives him a salary of 25-60 thousand dollars a year on top of that, is he a pulpit pimp?

The way I see is this:
The problem is that preachers should not be looking for or demanding money for preaching the word of God. To preach and minister is everyone's duty as a believer. If that is in the pulpit great but if not it's somewhere else. We now have it to where preachers, music directors, ministers, and everyone else is holding their hand out for money claiming they are owed it for doing their reasonable service. If people want to give a love offering that, that's one thing, but to demand it and treat ministry as an industry is wrong. Last time I checked, greed is a sin. Once you start getting a check you are no longer working for God and you are a paid spokesman for their brand of religion. When God calls you to do something he does not discuss your payment. Love offerings are OK big pay checks and demands are not ok. According to the Word, Jesus was a servant, and for us believers, the role of a servant is to serve. If he (Jesus) was a servant, how different are we than him? He gave his life for us and we can't even give a few hours to help someone else in need. The way churches are run these days (not all of them), I don't see it working because it is not working. That's my take on it. The words have now been spoken.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back