Black Spirituality Religion : "Pastor Tries 2 Walk On Water...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,775
  2. krest509

krest509 Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
    Lol. this is ollllllllld news mate
    but still funny I guess

3. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    The Spectacle:

The Revelation:

Wait, the "brother" tried to walk on water but didn't learn how to swim first???

:thinking:

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I don't know whether to laff, cry, or smdh.

Now here was one of god's faithful, and he didn't see fit to save him.

Somebody in his circle should have told him not to believe his own hype.

Peace!

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Ok... my first reaction was an internal chuckle, but felt bad afterwards.

[​IMG]

I seriously hope this story was fictitiously created for the sake of conversation, and that this is not an actual image.

Why didn't anyone prepare to help him or pull him out?

Were they waiting for him to rise up or waiting on the hand of "God"?
    This is another one of those "Do not use the Lord's name in vain" moments.

But being that Nigeria is full of demon possessed people (could be those global vaccine programs that have added rabies to them) sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do to give people hope.

Goodluck Jonathan, Boko Haram is probably somewhere thinking "SEE!!!"

6. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Now listen to what this "Israeli scientist" has to say about the subject of "walking on water" as it relates to the events within the book called the "Bible".

Jesus was walking on thin ice, claim scientists

Wednesday 5 April 2006

Jesus may have appeared to be walking on water when he was actually floating on a thin layer of ice, formed by a rare combination of weather and water conditions on the Sea of Galilee, according to a team of US and Israeli scientists.

Their study, published by the Journal of Paleolimnology (the study of prehistoric lakes), argues that salty springs along the Galilee's western shore can stop surface water circulating at cold temperatures and there were unusually cold spells lasting up to 200 years in biblical times.

Such "unique freezing processes" would occasionally have allowed a crust of ice to form, a phenomenon the study calls "springs ice", in patches on Lake Kinneret, as the Sea of Galilee is known in Israel. One set of such springs is found near Tabgha, an ancient settlement that is traditionally the site for the New Testament's multiplication of loaves and fishes.

[​IMG]

"The chance that there was ice on the lake is very, very high," said Doron Nof, professor of physical oceanography at Florida State University and the study's lead author. "It's almost guaranteed during those cold periods, 100 or 200 years long, that there was one such event at least, maybe four."

[​IMG]

Let me show how ridiculous this is, not because of the story, but because of the attempt to use a frictional (not fictional, not fractional, but frictional) form of pseudo scientific theology while not testing the theory for themselves.

I would looooooooooooooooooove to see this "Israeli scientist" test this scientific theory as he would like to relate it to a biblical story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice something missing?

BOATS

Not to mention for it to be this cold, what type of clothing would be sufficient?
    Look at the two in the image above, they look like Eskimos.

By the way, for those that were not aware of the story:

1. Jesus was out of the boat standing on the "water"
    2. Jesus called for Peter
    3. Peter came out of the boat, and was standing on "water" for a moment until he looked down.

WOOOOOOOOOOSH... he went down just like this pastor.
    Peter "walked on water", not like Jesus supposedly did though.

Maybe he was on a thinner layer of ice than Jesus?

Now if this was a thin layer of ice...
    Were they out there ice fishing?

Man, I am going to have to go back and read that story again now.
    It kind of fits, but then that means whoever wrote the story wasn't being completely candid about the events.

:10400:

Me not liking this explanation at all, as it would completely invalidate that particular portion of the story based on the deliberate omission of context.

Going to go read, and will return with the findings.

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This is the power of "Jesus" here though:

Mat 14:24
    But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.

Mat 14:25
    And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.

Mat 14:30
    But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

Mat 14:31

And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Jesus was not only walking on the turbulent waters, he had quick reflexes and was probably running to reach Peter and pull him up, while still standing on the water.

[​IMG]

Now this was/is one bad brother!

You know how "gifted" you have to be not only to walk on water, but to run on waves while the wind is blowing and still grab someone else from a distance before the go below and pull them back up?

Or was it that Jesus was a better swimmer than Peter?
    *Sighs*

Nobody gonna help out here?
    Who started this thread anyway, always starting something.

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
  9. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Ok... after some research came to find out this story was fiction

Original source comes from World Net Daily in 2006

http://www.wnd.com/2006/08/37702/

No other news on the net about it as it originated from them over 8 years ago.

About WND

Founded by Joseph and Elizabeth Farah in May 1997, it is now a leading Internet news site in both traffic and influence.

upload_2014-11-21_17-16-11.png

WND has broken some of the biggest, most significant and most notable investigative and enterprising stories in recent years. See “WND Scoops” for a comprehensive list of major WND exclusive reports that first saw the light of day in these pages.

WND’s unique and aggressive reporting style has captured a large and growing audience on the Internet.

WND was voted the most popular website on the Internet every week for nearly two years running between 1999 and 2001 on the independent, European-based Global100.com.

WND consistently ranks as the “stickiest” news site on the Internet, meaning readers spent more time on it than on any other – including giants CNN, MSNBC and ESPN.

WND often ranks at the top of the news pack in number of pageviews per user and minutes per page – two other important categories measured by Internet ratings agencies.

Joseph Farah brings more than 25 years of newspaper experience, including stints as editor in chief of major market dailies, to WND. Elizabeth Farah brings years of marketing, strategic planning, design and technology experience to the project. Now, teamed with a lean but growing full-time staff of 25, WND is poised to spark a media revolution.

Why? “Because,” as Joseph Farah says, “the world has a right to know.”

Interesting

So a staffed team of 25 somehow reached all the way into Gabon to find this news?

[​IMG]

I knew I sensed B.S. when I first read this story, oh well.
    Nothing new

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    OK, and I agree with you.

But what would that say about the effects of religion if it's not? Doesn't common sense have to kick in somewhere like, god really can't save you.

I mean you have plenty of believers but I seriously doubt that they would walk into a lion's cage trying to be Daniel.

Peace!