Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Says "FU" in church

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by cherryblossom, Mar 26, 2011.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
  2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    HE SAID FUDGE?!!!! :SuN024: :em2700:
    :nono: Bad Pastor, BAD!

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

lmbo!

4. Indigo Blues

Indigo Blues Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +164
    OMG!!!!

This is too funny! :SuN049:

This pastor is too much! “F” ya mama, “F” your boyfriend, turn to your neighbor and tell them “FU", LOL “F” everybody! :qqb011:

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......sister cherryblossom, am I missing something here, I don't get it, can you pull my leg as the old-timers would say, please?

6. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    This was funny.

7. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    forgive you=FU.

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    It's all in the video, Brother Clyde....no "leg-pulling" involved.

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    That is just too much.

You know, about 6 months ago, I went to a Church and the pastor said something, that I think is on this same level, actually, I think it was much worse, and as usual, I couldn't take it, and later that day, I politely made it known to the pastor. I was polite, but inside I was furious and shared my frustration with my family and told them that I hate to be held captive to something I know is not right coming from the pulpit. That pastor was also addressed again about the same issue. And happily I can say that by the next week, that pastor sure did make amends!

The message this pastor was giving in this blog was on forgiveness, but for him to deliver it in that way, albeit humorous or not, it condones language that is questionable at best, in my opinion. He reminds me of that preacher in the movie, Soul Food! And as a matter of fact, everytime I think about that movie, my mind always reflects on the Biblical account of the preisthood of Northern Israel. And this also makes me think about slavery time church and how preachers were chosen...to lead the flock. So, since this is the Christian Study section, I will share a few scriptures of what I think about when I see something like this in Black Churches.

According to the Bible, the Northern Kingdom priesthood was jacked from the beginning. The king Jeroboam, of whom lived in Egypt for awhile, seemingly became influenced by the Egyptians. So just as soon as he was anointed to be king, he sets up his Capitols and two worship places in Northern Israel. And in these two worship centers, he sets up two golden calves...for the Hebrews to worship...later on the Bible records some the of actions of the the kings and the priesthood and i tell you, I so envision them carrying on like the preacher in the movie Soul food. The manner in which certain priest 'became priest' was so not according to the Pentatuch. Anyway, here is a few scriptures that describes the beginning time when Jeroboam, a descendant of Joseph became king. He cut up so bad that a priest from Judah came to get at him but later on, I believe it was this very priest that later diverted from his path and eventually, he also became judged. The message given in the Bible is deep in regards to the priesthood, and even though some may take it lightly, the Bible reveals that the Creator God does not take it lightly when men or women get up behind the pulpit:

Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan. And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.

And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.

And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.

So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.
    1 KINGS 12:28-33

And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Bethel: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense.

And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men's bones shall be burnt upon thee.

And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the LORD hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out.

And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.

The altar also was rent, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of the LORD.

And the king answered and said unto the man of God, Intreat now the face of the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again. And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king's hand was restored him again, and became as it was before.

And the king said unto the man of God, Come home with me, and refresh thyself, and I will give thee a reward.

And the man of God said unto the king, If thou wilt give me half thine house, I will not go in with thee, neither will I eat bread nor drink water in this place:

For so was it charged me by the word of the LORD, saying, Eat no bread, nor drink water, nor turn again by the same way that thou camest...
    1 KINGS 13: 1-9.​

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Tell me more of this incident Chevron, I find the "as usual" comment interesting.