Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Jamal Bryant "These Heaux Ain't Loyal"

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by skuderjaymes, Jun 6, 2014.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Full Sermon :

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Oh snap, some folks might catch some "FEELINGS" about the full sermon...
    Dang J.B.!

Done opened up a can off worms, but I heard that the early bird gets those worms.
    You mind if I add some piggy-back content on to the last video skuder?

Don't want to get off topic, but not sure where you were wanting to go with this if any direction was purposed.

Respect

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    the topic is open.. knock yourself out..

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Ok... just to point out a few elements of the 30 minute speech:

• Attack on black boys
    • Attack on black girl's imagination
    • Easy to pick up the enemy's pattern "He lacks imagination"
    • Enemy longs to destroy black boys
    • Enemy wants to detain black girls

Some more quotes from Bryant:

"The Bible is very clear unless you bind the strong man you will not be able to get the house"

• Bryant does not quote the scripture here though, but we must assume he is right.

#bring back our fathers... the family is no longer defended

"Come to churches that are just feminized with a church full of women"
    "men don't want emotion without instruction, direction, or information"

Thus...

"Sanctified Sissies"

"I'm supposed to be Biblically correct"

On a sidenote, here is a video of Eddie Long

Eddie would later use this "fart" analogy to avoid the nature of his aledged relations with 4 young men, claiming he "is not perfect".

Bryant is either channeling Eddie Long, or chastising him
    "WATCH THIS, WATCH THIS" ... "Y'all aint talking back to me" ... "Y'all aint following

But he is all over the place with the sermon that it is hard to comprehend the direction

Speaking on females: "Little girl's with dreams become women with visions"
    Speaking on males: "In the company of a godly woman, an idea becomes a dream"

"An anointed woman of god, dreams for her man"

"And then you go run off with a side chick that don't have no anointing"

This sermon supposedly is formed around Matthew 27:19

Mat 27:19
    When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

"Pilate" went to investigate the charges upon "Jesus", but found no evidence, yet the multitude still requested his death at the hands of the government.

Bryant suggests by way of this speech, that "Pilate" would not have investigated the charges if his wife would not have told him about her dream.

Mat 27:24
    When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it

"Pilate" had to be loyal to the laws of the land and the government I suppose, and gave in to the demands of the people (democracy in effect).

"I shoulda listened to her"

"These hos aint loyal"

Ok, "Judas" wasn't loyal to "Jesus", and "Judas" one of the main reasons for what is going on in Matthew 27

"You will regret not listening to the woman God sent you.... I can really just shut the book and give the benediction"

Bryant read maybe 2 passages from the book, well.. referenced them I suppose.

Keep in mind Bryant is speaking to audience of predominantly females, which he speaks about briefly in the beginning when he says:

"Come to churches that are just feminized with a church full of women"
    [​IMG]

Not sure what to really take from the speech, other than "listen to your woman that was sent to you from God".

Which is interesting as he also says something about "Sanctified Sissies".

But again, he was speaking to the few scattered men in the audience that were sitting down I suppose... hard to pin point what his message really was.

Was it a message about staying married?

If it was, utilizing 2 passages in 30 minutes (minus the advertisements) is still alot of worms that are slithering around and the "lost sheep" I fear just came to see a show.

But yea, he did cheat on his wife, so maybe it was an inner-monologue

"Members arguing to protect MY NAME in beauty salons"

Did Bryant discuss or touch on anything that "Jesus" was teaching or bringing the message of?
    Instead, he used the wife of Pilate (who is mentioned ONCE in the Bible) as his reference material for the speech.

The Gospel of Nicodemus goes on to further elude to the fascination and respect Pilate's wife had of the faith and culture of the "Jews". This is why Pilate was trying to pardon "Jesus", but the people refused.

But hey, this is just my simple attempt to decipher Bryant's speech

Respect