Black People : Passport Denial Program

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Brother MetaSaience started a thread, CHILD SUPPORT: A TACTIC FOR SURVIVAL?, that reminded me of this (new) law i had recently heard / read about ...

The Passport Denial Program, which is part of the Federal Offset Program, is designed to help states enforce delinquent child support obligations. Under the program, non-custodial parents certified by a state as having arrearages exceeding $2,500 are submitted by the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) to the Department of State (DoS), which denies them U.S. passports upon application or the use of a passport service.

Yet now i see from below, that it has been the law since 1999 (or before?). Also i see from below, that it isn't just Brother's with Sister's who are receiving public assistance! It's all of yall, even if your baby isn't receiving public assistance!

This sent all kinds of alarms off in me, when i first heard it.

We all know who this is going to impact most, right? The fact that the penalty starts at $2,500.00 is an indication it's targeted at us, the bottom of the economic scale. Like speeding tickets, traffic tickets, warrants for stuff like that, is meant to keep our Men in their system, forever. White boys that get speeding tickets, fines, etc., just get their parents to pay it for them (or their uncle is the judge) ... no biggie ... but us, it means not paying the rent, to pay that fine ... and thus, the Brother is in the system. Just an additional avenue, for them, to the same end ... making sure you never escape.

Makes me wonder, why they gett'n all between a Brother and a passport? Wassup with that?

It should make each of us go and get a passport, even if we never use it, just get it!

:heart:

Destee

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
    Administration for Children & Families
    Office of Child Support Enforcement

ACTION TRANSMITTAL

OCSE-AT-99-14

ISSUED: December 2, 1999

TO: STATE AGENCIES ADMINISTERING CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT PLANS APPROVED UNDER TITLE IV-D OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY ACT AND OTHER INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS.

SUBJECT: Collection of delinquent child support obligations by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service (FMS) through offsetting Federal income tax refunds and other Federal payments through administrative offset. Enforcement of delinquent child support obligations through the denial of U.S. passports by the Secretary of State.

BACKGROUND: In 1981, the Federal income tax refund offset program was enacted into law (see section 2331, P.L. 97-35). Initially, this program was restricted to public assistance cases and enforced delinquent child support obligations by intercepting part or all of the obligor's Federal income tax refund. This program was expanded in 1984 to allow for its use in nonassistance cases.

The Debt Collection Improvement Act (DCIA) of 1996, P.L. 104-134, was enacted into law on April 26, 1996. The primary purpose of the DCIA is to increase the collection of non-tax debt owed to the Federal Government. The DCIA contains important provisions for use in the collection of past-due child support obligations.

The DCIA was further strengthened by Executive Order 13019 - Supporting Families: Collecting Delinquent Child Support Obligations, dated September 26, 1998. This executive order allows the Secretary of Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of Health and Human Services, to develop and implement procedures necessary to collect child support debts by administrative offsets. These procedures appear at 31 CFR 285.1 and 285.3.

Section 370 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) of 1996 (P.L. 104-193), amended the Social Security Act (the Act) by adding subsection 452(k). This subsection became effective October 1, 1997 and provides for the denial, revocation, and restriction of U.S. passports. However, currently the State Department is only denying passports at the time of application.

This Action Transmittal applies to those cases in which the State has an assignment of support rights under section 408(a)(3) or 471(a)(17) of the Act; is enforcing the child support obligation pursuant to section 454(6) of the Act; or has an assignment of medical support rights under section 1912(a)(1)(A) of the Act.

SUPERSEDED MATERIAL: AT 98-17, July 6, 1998.

INQUIRIES TO: OCSE Special Collections Unit, (202) 401-9389.

David Gray Ross
    Commissioner
    Office of Child Support Enforcement

2. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Really? How many black men do you think actually have passports?

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother MrRon ... really what? ... i have no idea how many Black Men have passports ... you gonna tell us?

:heart:

Destee

4. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keeping the Slave on the Slave Masters Plantation*

Hotep

The U.S. Gross-National-Product is its people...and to be more accurate its "Captured, In-Slaved, In-Prisioned and oppressed Africans in Amerikkka. Once these so-called "White-Folk" has determined, concocted more and more traps and snairs (Laws) by setting you (Black-Man) up for "Failure" by creating situations to lable you as a "Felon" of laws they made up,...then you are not allowed to get a "Passport-Visa, Not permitted to vote, Not allowed to own a gun legily, Not allowed to own or opperate any business ware alcohol is sold and other restrictions that a "Slave-Master" would impose on the Slave.
    The (white-man and white woman) does not want their "Slaves" to ever leave them because if they did leave in large numbers for what ever the reasons..."The U.S. Economy" would "Shut-Down"!!!
    Amerikkka is built on the "Foundation" of Slavery of the Africans. All wealth was (and still is) taken from Africa Oil, Diamonds, Gold, Woods & Animals as well as its most valued resorce..."Its People"...Hence..."The Gross National Product"!!
    The Whites only elite, Altra wealthy, powerful, political controlers, inheriters of more than 500 years of stolen wealth...collected from the Slavery Trade and Captivity of (Your Ancestors) African People until this very day...don't ever have any intentions on letting you leave their oppressive Control. Understand that you are a Slave...you are not Free for Self Determination out side of what whites will Allow, Permit, Approve, Inspect, Certify, Licience, Ordain etc. So how can you think that you are Free from their "Taxes, Religions, Dept, Indoctrination, Media, Laws ect"...Ware can any one thing they can find "Freedom" in this or under this??? If we Africans in Amerikkka or any ware "We" are found on this Earth are ever going to be what "We" should be again...then "We" must one day...sooner than later..."Take Back Our Self Control, Self Determination by "Any" means nesasary". There is no other way except to remain a Slave to the System of White Superimacy as we find our selves Collectivly "Today" in this Time. We must declair our absolute "Freedom, Justice, Spirituality and total Self Determination Now!!! "What are "We" waiting on??
    Soon we will see and then understand what is planed for your final distruction if they can't continue to have their way with you and your children...Their is no such thing as "Good" so-called "White People" when it comes to the so-called "Black People"...because if any of them could be good for the "African"...then why do they call them self "White" in the first place and are proud and arrogent using this term advertised by the System of White Superimacy?? They know you (Africans) who listen, learn, love to imatate-depend and worship their ancestors and Heros...don't know a thing and they plan on forever keeping their most valued "Property" (you) with them so they can continue to "Suck" your "Blood" and teach their white children to do the same to your future Black Children..."If " we continue to allow them by remaining "Ignorant of the true knowlege of our indiginis, original African Self ".

Ase
    `

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
    http://www.swagga.com/maafatimetable.htm
    http://www.nbufront.org/
    http://www.millionsmoremovement.com/index_flash.html
    http://www.directblackaction.com/

5. mrron

Ratings:
    +5
    Just another myth

Why are we constantly being portrayed as helpless chatels of the white man? To let some people on this site tell it, the poor black just can't make any decisions on his own behave, can't fight back against the so called oppressors. It's just plain sickening to hear all of this over and over again. White people have lots of things to do other than to devise ways to controll, kill, drug, criminalize, keep ignorant, poison, inflect with disease, spy on, us poor little old black people. We are on the one hand, according to some here, the strongest and superior race, we even suppose to outnumber them world wide, but yet we are just mesmerized into plain stupidity by them. Who is financing all of these operations and how much does it cost? It must be in the billions to accomplish what they have been accused of. Where is the money coming from?

I'm glad that I am not paranoid of them, as some of you are, because if I were, I wouldn't bother getting out of the bed in the morning.

As to the passport issue, I see no relationship between that and the oppression of black men. According to the complaints I hear coming from black woman, they can't get the black man to even take them to the mall, least of all to a foreign country. Those people who will be denied a passport will be overwhelmingly white, probably eighty percent of them. I know what I am talking about because of my twenty years of experience dealing with foreign travelers. Blacks don't really do that much foriegn travel, and when they do, it's to places that don't require a passport .i.e, Jamaica, Bahamas, Cancun, Domican Republic, Bermuda, Canada etc. This is not an issue to be concerned about.

6. Jackee

Jackee Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi
    When I read this post. The first thing that popped in my head is that this is another way of keeping the Black people in this country, in the country. They are afraid that if we leave we may not come back and the economic of this country will truly crash like a glass that’s knocked off a table top to the floor.

7. mrron

Ratings:
    +5
    So there are those who think that the economy depends on black labor and that is why they came up with this passport denial program. Well, you can't have it both ways, or all three ways for that matter. There are those who think they want every black man in prison (non productive), there are those who think they want us all dead from aids etc (non productive), then there are those who think they want to enslave those that are left (real silly). Does anyone taking these positions ever think about the consequences.

Again, I repeat, this is not about keeping black men in the country. Actually it would make more sense if they just gave us all a passport and ticket to Africa, and be done with us. Why do some people think that the power structure is so focused on black suppression? We have already proven to be the best experts at suppressing ourselves, do we really need any help in that area?

8. Jackee

Jackee Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    this is productive in this country, big businesses use the prisoner to make materials they own the jail houses ----> click and read -> State World News Stand this is only a small sample , the phone companies get big bucks from collect call.
    once again this is big money , look at all the aid research clients that are produce, the cost of the doctor visit and the medicine to treat AIDS
    the ones who are left are the ones, with poor education from these goverment schools (the city public school system)and caught up in the drugs that they bring to the hood..the ones who are left are the children who sells these drugs so they can pay for a place to live, and food, because their weak Mother and Father got caught up. Then there are those who are force to sell the drugs by the so call authorities or be force to go to jail on trumped up charges. So it is big money for them, and common knowledge that the rich feeds off the poor. When you are force to do something because the choice is taken away that is enslavement

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    To me, this sounds very much like a facade. The "powers-that-be" are not ignorant of how the world, and this nation sees Black Men, so it is VERY easy to accept something like this, and see this as a good thing.

THINK PEOPLE!

KD

10. maatmama

maatmama Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Well as a parent that is owed more than 10,000 in back child support I see it from a different perspective. If denying him a passport limits his international travel and creates an "inconvenience" his life I'm not crying for him.