Black Women : Party Of One: Three Black Women On Being Single And Satisfied

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Party Of One: Three Black Women On Being Single And Satisfied

While Black women continue to soar as college graduates and business owners, the pressure remains on women to settle down. Meet three who have openly embraced their single season.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/party-one-three-black-women-120401319.html

0d3b6078e5c3777eadcfa72d6c01d654

1 / 4
Single & Satisfied

Single & Satisfied Loni Love, cohost of The Real and author of Love;Him or Leave Him but Don’t Get Stuck With the Tab

I started the "Single and Satisfied" segment on The Real because I wanted to give a voice to unmarried women. Single and satisfied doesn't mean you'll never get into a relationship. It's just that you're okay with where you are now. As a single woman, be sure to make time for yourself. We can spend much of our time doing a lot for other people and not always focusing on ourselves.

EssenceJune 5, 2017

Last edited:
Party Of One: Three Black Women On Being Single And Satisfied

While Black women continue to soar as college graduates and business owners, the pressure remains on women to settle down. Meet three who have openly embraced their single season.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/party-one-three-black-women-120401319.html

0d3b6078e5c3777eadcfa72d6c01d654

1 / 4
Single & Satisfied

Single & Satisfied Loni Love, cohost of The Real and author of Love;Him or Leave Him but Don’t Get Stuck With the Tab

I started the "Single and Satisfied" segment on The Real because I wanted to give a voice to unmarried women. Single and satisfied doesn't mean you'll never get into a relationship. It's just that you're okay with where you are now. As a single woman, be sure to make time for yourself. We can spend much of our time doing a lot for other people and not always focusing on ourselves.

EssenceJune 5, 2017

So, I found this article very interesting. That is great that there are women that are happy single. So be it.

The sad stories are the ones of the women that were in last by relationships were they probably gave their 'whole'selves freely - and did not end up married.

Then you had stories of - 'my career is more important' than intimacy or companionship.

There were not any stories that told the reality that single Black women (with children) is the number one reason so many Black women live below the poverty rate.

I did not see any stories that included what women may have to do if they feel - not just lonely, but sexually frustrated at times.

Finally, there are many women that simply rather be single than to deal with some of the challenges that come with being in a relationship - like not being selfish. But, there are all types of single women out there. I remember having my own 'stages of single-ism'!

Maybe, I missed the example of the single mom.

So, I found this article very interesting. That is great that there are women that are happy single. So be it.

The sad stories are the ones of the women that were in last by relationships were they probably gave their 'whole'selves freely - and did not end up married.

Then you had stories of - 'my career is more important' than intimacy or companionship.

There were not any stories that told the reality that single Black women (with children) is the number one reason so many Black women live below the poverty rate.

I did not see any stories that included what women may have to do if they feel - not just lonely, but sexually frustrated at times.

Finally, there are many women that simply rather be single than to deal with some of the challenges that come with being in a relationship - like not being selfish. But, there are all types of single women out there. I remember having my own 'stages of single-ism'!

Maybe, I missed the example of the single mom.

Absolutely, there are many conditions that single Black women find themselves in, including the most dreadful, having to crossover racial lines for a relationship. It takes a strong Black women to remain single and wait for her Black lover, or become satisfied and single if she never finds him. Its very easy to claim there are not enough Black men and crossing over becomes justifiable. Needless to say, Black men or Black women that crossover ought to be shame of themselves.

Absolutely, there are many conditions that single Black women find themselves in, including the most dreadful, having to crossover racial lines for a relationship. It takes a strong Black women to remain single and wait for her Black lover, or become satisfied and single if she never finds him. Its very easy to claim there are not enough Black men and crossing over becomes justifiable. Needless to say, Black men or Black women that crossover ought to be shame of themselves.

Actually, I would rather be with an alien than with an abusive Black Man. Some of those women are not waiting, they gave up. Some of them are waiting, that is there right. Then you have people like me, I will date and/or marry who I feel like dating or marrying. My 'blackness' is a title that has been created by people to pigeonhole me, but the reality is that there is not pure whiteness or pure blackness, therefore people should date and marry people that they love and love them back!!! This is what truly makes me an African American with many different racial and ethnic backgrounds. I did not have to crossover, I just did not have to limit myself because it makes OTHER PEOPLE COMFORTABLE!!! Lol

Well, I love Black men. I would love to date and/or marry a Black man that treats me well, is trustworthy, kind, loving and is monogamous. But if I meet a man who is not Black but treats me well, is trustworthy, kind, loving and is monogamous then I will date him. The main thing is that I want a man that treats me well and who appreciates me and knows how to commit in a relationship to me and only me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back