Black Parenting : Parents: Does Skimpy Wear Rule Your Daughters?

The kid is a reflection of the family... actually a result. It stands to reason that a kid coming to school dressed this way comes from a family that may not see it as a problem.

The State/District should have the power to put standards in place regarding appearance and conduct. And since fashion is an ever-changing thing, the standard should also be adjustable so as to meet new fashion trends.

The best thing to do would be to adopt standard school uniforms.. and put the fashion issue completely to bed.. Ideally that would be done on the Federal level. You want DOE funds, you need to have uniforms that comply with a National Standard.

something like this picture below.. with a skirt/pants option for girls.

group-uniform-complete.jpg

The kid is a reflection of the family... actually a result. It stands to reason that a kid coming to school dressed this way comes from a family that may not see it as a problem.

The State/District should have the power to put standards in place regarding appearance and conduct. And since fashion is an ever-changing thing, the standard should also be adjustable so as to meet new fashion trends.

The best thing to do would be to adopt standard school uniforms.. and put the fashion issue completely to bed.. Ideally that would be done on the Federal level. You want DOE funds, you need to have uniforms that comply with a National Standard.

something like this picture below.. with a skirt/pants option for girls.

group-uniform-complete.jpg

Some kids are. Some kids sag their pants and hike their skirts as soon as they are out of sight. lol

Some kids are. Some kids sag their pants and hike their skirts as soon as they are out of sight. lol

yes. and that's still a reflection of their family. If these kids did not have it pounded into their heads that they were individuals as opposed to being a representative of their family line, many of them would make different decisions. Strong family units with strong values and strong relationships produce kids that reflect that strength and protect the integrity of their family. Kids that do not have any such family structure or value also reflect that reality. Our children are reflections of our families.

I wouldn't wear leggings without a long shirt or skirt. My booty is too big, and I feel naked. That's just me though. I don't have a problem with leggings, but I wouldn't allow my daughter to wear them without something covering her butt. The only problem I have is when they stretch to the point I can see your draws through them. I see that alot.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back