Black Entertainment : PARENTAL ADVISORY, RATED "R" MOVIES, AND MORE.....!

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by KWABENA, Sep 15, 2004.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hey Family!

Are these things effective anymore? In particular Parental Advisory. I read a post yesterday that indicated Parental Advisory stickers being placed on CDs and such. I was sort of thinking that as well influenced as this big Family is, they can help a brotha out by elaborating on this issue. What led up to Parental Advisory stickers being placed on CDs?; Why are they still on them (the CDs?); and why OK to allow children to watch Rated "R" movies, both at home and at the movies theaters. I would think that a REAL parent who allows their children to watch "R" Rated movies point out part of the movies, and explain it to them. That is not what happens now-a-days. And it really gets me upset when I am at the park trying to teach children how to play basketball, and there are thugs sitting right there playing obscene music, having uncivilized conversations, and hustling eachother...not to mention selling drugs in front of the children. My point to all that is no matter if the parent is present or not.....they are still witnessing it in a way where it becomes true entertainment to them at such a young age.

But family, please tell me what is wrong with this picture?

Cedric Denson

2. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    All those lables came from people like Tipper Gore and C Delores Tucker complaining about the lyrics in rap albums...they worked to get a number of albums banned back in the day like the Geto Boys self title LP from 89 and 2Live Crews "as nasty as they wanna be". In the end all that happend was that these lables started appearing on every rap album no matter what the content was. It means nothing these days at all and has not for a long time.

As for movies, most black moives get "R" ratings even if the content is less racy or derogatory than a "white" pg13 movie....so those ratings dont mean much either.

As for the kids being exposed to rough sounding music, if their parents have taken the time to explain to them that it is just music and not a lesson on how to live, the kids will be fine. I was 8 years old when I got Eazy E's first album and Ice T's second albums....a year later I got "Straight outta Compton" by NWA. My father made sure me and my brother understood about someone elses reality compared to ours....he also taught us to listen and learn to tell the difference between reality and when some rappers talk madness.

Some parents are too lazy to do such things and others even think it is cute for their kids to cuss and act like they are in a video. A couple people on another site I post to refer to thier kids as varations of the word "n***er". The one thinks he is a positive and good father, yet he says "whats up lil *****" to his son....WTF??? It aint the older kids on a park bench blasting music you need to worry about...it is the parents who dont teach their kids how to deal with their surroundings,....and who leave their kids to hang where older kids hang at unsupervised.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Great post Brotha Blak!

And that is funny, because the first album that I ATTEMPTED to buy was an Ice-T album. I was 11 years of age. Just before I can purchase, my mother told me to put it back, because of the "Parental Advisory" sticker. Then when I ACTUALLY bought my first Rap Album, it was DMX. My mother got sick of hearing all the swearing and stuff, and she wanted to throw it away. That was when I was a juvenile bad A** though. Now, I listen to a sufficient amount of Rap and after hearing an album full of garbage, you would not catch me walking around the streets talking about "N***a this, N***a that, and doing exactly what the lyrics tell me to do. Frankly, to tell you the truth, I don't listen to music unless it has a hot beat. I listen to the beats, but sometimes the way they come out with the lyrics are impressive. I also had hundreds of CDs, and just about 90% of them are Rap and Hip-Hop.

As for the kids, where I grew up at, you will NEVER find parents trying to explain the music or movie content to them. And it upsets me the most when you have teens teaching younger girls how to dance to filthy music (I mean that shake that A** music).

I think I might start another thread on music video girls.

Cedric Denson

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rated r black movies

2. black penis rated r