Black Positive People : Papa Joe Aviance Lost 250 Pounds on the '99-Cent Diet'

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Its never too late, and anything is possible:

So I grabbed my dance music and tennis shoes, and started walking.” (Walk off the weight with these 14 walking workouts to burn fat and boost energy!)

[​IMG]

Papa Joe Aviance Lost 250 Pounds on the '99-Cent Diet'

[​IMG]

Ask anyone who’s lost a large amount of weight what jumpstarted their journey to better health, and they’ll probably tell you about their “light bulb moment,” the instant that they decided they’d had enough and were willing to do whatever it took to change. For LA-based musician and clothing designer Papa Joe Aviance, that moment arrived in 2009 when his first house music release, “Last Night a DJ Saved my Life,” hit #6 on the Billboard Magazine Dance Charts. When he saw the music video for the song—which at that time was playing on MTV and VH1—he couldn’t get over how large he’d become. “I was 450 pounds—I was two cheeseburgers away from diabetes or high cholesterol,” recalls Aviance. “I had been big for pretty much all of my life, and I was sick of hating myself. It was now or never.”
    http://health.yahoo.net/experts/yourbestfitness/99-cent-diet-could-it-work-you

Peace In,

2. Gracious

Gracious Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +232
    WOW ... Clyde! I guess there's no excuse for me losin' these 20 lbs! And yeah ... in a couple of months, I'll be giving "my" testimony too!:running: ... runnin' for Jesus!

And

3. Gracious

Ratings:
    +232
    could you help me with the "conversation" icon ... don't know where it is. :eeek:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

20 lbs. will not be problematic at all Gracious :) ... to the question of locating the "Conversation" box/icon ... Its named "Inbox" and to the left of "Alerts" up top of any page in the blue bar.

5. Gracious

Ratings:
    +232
    Thanks!:)