Black Sports : Panafrica I got one for you..Walker Smith Jr. The Pound4Pound greatest ever

I don't even need to read the link...Walker Smith AKA Sugar Ray Robinson...without question the greatest pound4pound! HBO did an outstanding documentary on him about 5 years ago, and it memory serves correctly he was #26 on ESPN's top 50 athletes of the 20th century! I have a couple of his fights (the 6th fight against Jake Lamotta) on tape! The craziest thing about Sugar Ray is that his best reported years were never even film...it is a tragedy we didn't get to see this legend at his greatest.

I saw clips of sugar Ray Robinson and heard great tales of this fighter
he was a classic in the days i agree sad we never got to see him work
the ring the way they say he did ........

How did he do in that fight Pan with Jake Lamotta i never say that one

Yeah bruh Ray was a bad cat ...he was the prototype for true....could hit hard , was quick, had good footwork was hard to hit and had good handspeed...and on top of all that was a good man.....you're right the majority of the fights we see on tape now are not from his best years think about that...we're watching this man and are (at least in my case) awed by him....but what we're seeing is not his best...that's deep man.....There are many greats but none greater I don't care what anybody says....Oh when Ali says Ray is the best then you can take that to the bank...

Mississppi Red

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back