Pan-Africanism : Pan Africanism = Code of political correctness in dealing with Africa

Ok I didn’t read this thread entirely but one thing I need to say is this... the perception of this journalist is irrelevant. I think this black American man is just so attached to his core belief that everything is wrong every time in Africa anyway. How can he believe anything positive about the slave trade? It very sad he thinks that to rip Africans from the only homes they'd ever known, demonize them, and bring them to the New World like ANIMALS is anything positive! I know the Motherland has either wars or dire opportunities and so on, but we will not progress when millions of black people think things like this just to stay in Western countries and contribute to foreign governments.

If I am wrong please brothers and sisters correct me that I am on track…
1. The prosperity of Africans throughout the Diaspora depends on us to renew our minds in a positive way?
2. To make a conscious effort and start working even in the smallest ways towards a common goal of developing Africa and Africans throughout the Diaspora?

I don't agree with this journalist, I can't understand him.

Kwango_Likemba said:
Ok I didn’t read this thread entirely but one thing I need to say is this... the perception of this journalist is irrelevant. I think this black American man is just so attached to his core belief that everything is wrong every time in Africa anyway. How can he believe anything positive about the slave trade? It very sad he thinks that to rip Africans from the only homes they'd ever known, demonize them, and bring them to the New World like ANIMALS is anything positive! I know the Motherland has either wars or dire opportunities and so on, but we will not progress when millions of black people think things like this just to stay in Western countries and contribute to foreign governments.

If I am wrong please brothers and sisters correct me that I am on track…
1. The prosperity of Africans throughout the Diaspora depends on us to renew our minds in a positive way?
2. To make a conscious effort and start working even in the smallest ways towards a common goal of developing Africa and Africans throughout the Diaspora?

I don't agree with this journalist, I can't understand him.

Thanks for the response. Even though Keith Richburg went through trials his organization Washington Post wanted him to do, not on his own free will, to climatic sectors in Africa he still went ahead to fashion a book for his own pocket and to score points with his bosses in his recent promotion to foreign editor at Washington Post. He used African turmoil for his own profit. One hellish experience should be enough for most people to not continue forward especially into another rough area. Keith Richburg went from one hotspot to another. He must of expected some great reward for doing so. That is what I see this man is doing.

I also believe it is to deter diasporan Africans in our government or his 'black' Americans from exploring what is going on with Africa in terms of world relationship politically, economically, etc to our own country the USA. This has not stopped a minority of 'black' Americans willing to assess what is going on in Sudan and to petition and to have big American companies and government to divest from countries causing hell to its citizens. And to provide basic medical assistance to war victims. Keith Richburg did not do this. And I figure he was doing his 'thing' to protect some cruel Western interest from being exposed as instigator in all the areas he visited.

I dont want to discredit him in his real life experience but what he did after the fact. He 'oddly' survived while everyone in his notebook were blasted to pieces. Again it points to profiting off African misery like so many Western media ministers.

Your right his perception as a journalist is irrevelant and if we cannot discern his agenda and that of his organization then we wont get to these question you proposed.

Now this is something I agree with. Even the smallest ways add meaning to wanting Africa to prosper. And if we are determined and willing we will see these things happen.

As someone pointed out his views are not alone. There are millions that have been captured by what the media makes us believe we are ultimately helpless and nothing can be done. If something can be done its only by big Western interest. Even though our history shows that even the smallesr meaningful attention on our part has given good fruits. We should at least understand why this is and continue to more forward despite this outlook from someone in high ranks.

Even this old lady is not SCARED of setting up business and living in Africa for the LOVE of her dreams. Keith B. Richburg argument was not convincing enough it seems.

http://www.newsreview.info/article/20051121/NEWS/111210072

If this old lady can CREATE an enviroment in Africa to pursue her love, (not that she did it all by herself and she invested alot of money meaning Africa is not cheap to invest as the world wants you to believe) then why we need to create barriers created by the media and left to haunt our living bodies.

Link to article is missing let me post the article entirety below

Wild about safaris

DANIELLE GILLESPIE, dgillespie@newsreview.info
November 21, 2005

Comment Comments (0) Print Friendly Print Email Email Subscribe Subscribe

SUTHERLIN -- About a year ago, Ursula Kosling moved to Sutherlin in search of a simple life with few responsibilities.

She had just sold her home of seven years in Talent, where she had run a bed and breakfast and horse business, and bought a small place in Sutherlin.

"Boy, was I bored out of my skull," the 74-year-old woman said.

So Kosling decided recently to start a safari in Arusha, Tanzania in East Africa. She is able to start the business, Tanzania Wildlife Adventure Safari, from money she saved from selling her homes and business. She also owned a ranch in California.

Kosling came up with the idea after going on a safari trip in Tanzania for 16 days with the Umpqua Bank Carefree 50s Club. She almost didn't get to go on the trip in May because she had signed up late and was on a waiting list.

But two weeks before the club was about to leave, one of the 14 members canceled, and Kosling got her chance. She had always wanted to visit Africa because she loves animals and desired to see them in their natural habitat.

"I stepped foot on the soil in Tanzania and I said to myself, 'I have come home,'" she said. "I don't know why. I have no clue."

She and the group's guide, Bosco Nango, soon became good friends, and she wanted to help him find a better job in the United States. The country has a high unemployment rate and the people are paid poorly, she said.

But when Kosling returned, Nango was unable to come to America. Not wanting to let him down, Kosling decided to start a safari business and make Nango her partner. She also loved the country and decided to make it her home.

Since then, Kosling has partnered with Jerry Sebastian, a Tanzanian who used to own a safari business. She has finished all the paperwork to make her company legal.

She's also purchased two safari cars, which fit five people each, and has plans to buy 20 more in the next three years. Kosling now needs to develop relationships with the airlines and lodging places in Tanzania.

"That's the next big step that has to be taken," she said.

Her safari will be able to take guests to view animals in parks such as Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara National Park. They will see elephants, zebras, monkeys and more.

Safari at a glance
To find out more about Ursula Kosling’s business, Tanzanian Wildlife Adventure Safaris, go to http://www.twasafaris.net/index.html or call Jean Ivey at 459-0716 or Ursula Kosling in Tanzania, 255-787-529-558.

She will find visitors accommodations in places such as camping areas or hotels. The cost for the trip will depend on how much the visitors want to spend, she said.

If visitors want to volunteer, she will find them places they can help out. During her trip with the Carefree 50s Club, she worked at an orphanage and a school. She also planted trees.

Kosling plans to recruit workers who are unemployed or make $60 or less a week. She wants to pay them better wages and teach them job skills. Kosling will hire drivers and office workers. She'll also need people to repair the vehicles after every trip. The roads are full of ruts and potholes, she said.

She would also like to set up a nonprofit organization. Many members of the Sutherlin chapter of A Course in Miracles have said they want to help the Tanzanians, she said. Kosling's nonprofit organization would give them a way to send items such as books, clothes or computers. A Course in Miracles is a nonprofit organization that promotes inner peace.

Kosling is now living in Africa and going through the process of becoming a legal resident. She has two grown children and five grandchildren who reside in California. If her sons, Earl and Michael, are interested in her safari business, Kosling said they can have it someday.

Jean Ivey of Sutherlin has teamed up with Kosling. Ivey is the consultant for the safari company and will book tours from the United States. She decided to help out because she wanted a way to stay in touch with Kosling.

"It's a long ways away and a big undertaking," said Ivey, owner of the North County News.

Ivey and Kosling met about a year ago through the group, A Course in Miracles. She was not at all surprised Kosling decided to move to Africa. She's adventurous and caring, she said.

"She lives in the moment."

Just one more piece from an interview of Keith Richburg on public television Newshour

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/africa/march97/richburg_3-5.html

militant said:
A round of applause for you and him. I always knew you were suspect, but to use the words of another man to make your own point? I dont care what he thinks. Infact, with blacks like that who needs divide and conqueer. Its good some people come out in their true colors. Should Africa be reformed, alot of people will not be allowed within the borders of Africa. I am currently satisfied with the efforts I am taking to develop africa and I dont need his approval or anyone else's because the coin will be flipped soon, and he will sing a different tune.

Brother Militant, that is one brother's view of HIS experience in Africa... Others may well be different... This I will say, however, brother, that you can't dismiss the guys real experience because it does not paint a wonderfully romantic picture of the continent...

This horror story is exactly what the continent needs, actually, because it is a wake up call to us all... Would that we would take the bitter pill, sometimes, and swallow it for the strengthening of our own constitutions...You know and I know that this guy wasn't lying about his experiences, nor his inner-feelings.. He explained that much to us... Why do we fly into a rage of denial when someone tells the truth about our conditions??? Pride goes before we fall, but must we fall??? In other words, brother, let's drop all of the foolish pride, and get on with our jobs, because according to this guy and others, the job is massive...

BTW, Dusty Elbow is a good brother, who presented another side of the story... He didn't, himself, write the story, so why take off on a riff on him???

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back