Black Relationships : Painful Past

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by CarrieMonet, Jul 30, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    How have your past relationships affected your viewpoint on relationships today? Are you still positive or do you carry quite a bit of baggage around? Would you ever consider counseling to have a healthier outlook on relationships?

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I wouldn't say I carry alot of baggage from other relationships. My past relationships have given me much needed experience so that I understand what relationships are about. I am still positive as far as relationships, but I know now that there are very few women in this world that can satisfy me to the point of wanting to be in a relationship with them. Once you get past the T&A there is really not that much left when it comes to alot of women. I have always been a picky person, but now I am super duper picky. Not in a shallow way either, just in my own way. I guess past relationships have had a negative impact on me also because now I see that women are as much dogs as men are. No different. I would not consider couseling because I think couseling would screw me up. :lol:

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I have taken every relationship as a learning experience. Indeed my prior relationships have played a large role in the type of man I am today. After every relationship I have done some self-examination (looking at what I did wrong, and working to correct my errors). I have also learned from ex-girlfriends what I wanted and didn't want in a woman.

4. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    You learn and you grow.
    But if you keep falling for the same, then you need to start looking within yourself.

Maybe its something your doing? I wouldn’t call it baggage. But going in you need to know what you want out of it.

Giving trust when not deserved Or your putting all the work in when your mate could careless.

I had one of them….and I learned and grew from it. All mates are not the same…Some better then others and then its them others.

couseling???? some may need it some may dont i guess it depends on how deep it is or gets.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    indeed i took steps in the direction and a better out look on
    a relationship i've never tryed to carry it on me no more then
    i had to as i learn and reach a far much better understanding
    but from the past relationships had made me somewhat change
    to who and what i am today, those painful past has seem to heal
    and help me go forward stronger but i am very careful when entering
    a relationship let's say i'm aware now but i never felt i need an kind
    of counseling when the problem /s was in my face to see and solve.

6. HoneyBrown05

HoneyBrown05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Do you consider this baggage?

:( In my situation I still have very strong feelings about my ex and we havent been together for about 5 months. But every now and then he'll call and tell me he loves me and that still cares but won't come out and say it. He'll text me it or when he's not around one of his cousins or the people that know of me are not around. Then later on down the line he acts like he don't when they are around which confuses me to the max. For example yesterday I was testing him to see where his heart was, so I asked about some boys(yes I'm a teenager so see it from my POV), to see if he knew them. Then he asks me if "they're" my boyfriends. Of course not but I said I thought you didn't care and he says well I don't, but he is sitting there getting upset about it. We had been in a off and on relationship for about a year and broke up in Feburary of this year and I am getting tired of his mind games. Either you want to be with me or you don't you know. And because of this it has become hard for me to move on b/c when I try to he keeps popping up. Maybe I should get my number changed :censored: