Black People : Oxytocin-This is way the black goddess bonds with the world

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Shems Nbedjer, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Shems Nbedjer

Shems Nbedjer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
  2. Shems Nbedjer

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    I tried to edit the title, no luck, sorry for the error. Maybe Rich, Destee or Mr Coger will fix it for me.

3. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279
    Although I can provide a connection that you are requesting, as a sexuality consultant and coach in training, this is VERY accurate indeed. Oxytocin is POWERFUL! :jumping:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Sorry Shems Nbedjer, but there's nothing I can do to fix the title, Rich or Destee will fix it soon; if not, the best way to assure correction is to post a thread about it.

But here's something you can do for me, answer my question in your other thread:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/christ-is-the-planet-venus.73392/#post-761761

Peace In,

5. Shems Nbedjer

United States
    Ratings:
    +117

6. Shems Nbedjer

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    BUMP

Have others experienced working with Oxytocin?

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Isnt that a rather dangerous narcotic??

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Oxytocin (Oxt) /ˌɒksɨˈtoʊsɪn/ is a mammalian neurohypophysial hormone (produced by the hypothalamus. Stored and secreted by the posterior pituitary gland) that acts primarily as a neuromodulator in the brain.
    Oxytocin plays an important role in the neuroanatomy of intimacy, specifically in sexual reproduction, in particular during and after childbirth. It is released in large amounts after distension of the cervix and uterus during labor, facilitating birth, maternal bonding, and, after stimulation of the nipples, lactation. Both childbirth and milk ejection result from positive feedback mechanisms.[1]
    Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviors, including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, anxiety, and maternal behaviors.[2] For this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "bonding hormone". There is some evidence that oxytocin promotes ethnocentric behavior, incorporating the trust and empathy of in-groups with their suspicion and rejection of outsiders.[3] Furthermore, genetic differences in the oxytocin receptor gene (OXTR) have been associated with maladaptive social traits such as aggressive behaviour.[4]

Medical uses[edit]
    Injected oxytocin analogues are used for labor induction and to support labor in case of difficult parturition. It has largely replaced ergometrine as the principal agent to increase uterine tone in acute postpartum hemorrhage. Oxytocin is also used in veterinary medicine to facilitate birth and to stimulate milk release. The tocolyticagent atosiban (Tractocile) acts as an antagonist of oxytocin receptors; this drug is registered in many countries to suppress premature labor between 24 and 33 weeks of gestation. It has fewer side effects than drugs previously used for this purpose (ritodrine, salbutamol, and terbutaline).
    Synthetic oxytocin is sold as proprietary medication under the trade names Pitocin and Syntocinon, and as generic oxytocin. Oxytocin is destroyed in the gastrointestinal tract, so it must be administered by injection or as nasal spray. It has a half-life of typically about three minutes in the blood, and given intravenously does not enter the brain in significant quantities – it is excluded from the brain by the blood–brain barrier. Evidence in rhesus macaques indicates that administration of oxytocin by nasal spray elevates oxytocin levels in the brain[5] but does not prove that it enters the brain, as opposed to stimulating release from neurons within the brain via olfactory nerve stimulation, for example. Oxytocin nasal sprays have been used to stimulate breastfeeding, but the efficacy of this approach is doubtful.[6]
    The trust-inducing property of oxytocin might help those who suffer from social anxieties and mood disorders,[7] but with the potential for abuse with confidence tricks[8][9] and military applications.[10]
    Side effects[edit]
    Oxytocin is relatively safe when used at recommended doses, and side effects are uncommon.[11] The following maternal events have been reported:[11]
    Excessive dosage or long-term administration (over a period of 24 hours or longer) have been known to result in tetanic uterine contractions, uterine rupture, postpartum hemorrhage, and water intoxication, sometimes fatal.
    Increased uterine motility has led to the following complications in the fetus/neonate:[11]

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Hey Brother Shems Nbedjer ... Welcome Home ... :wave: ... Good to See you!

I'm just seeing your request ... what should the title be ... ?? ... ohhh ... and you can edit it yourself now.

Check out this FAQ ... How to Edit Thread Titles.

When i saw this thread i thot it was talking about oxycodone ... the narcotic used for pain relief.

Is that what this is about? I have no extensive experience with it, certainly nothing that stands out.

Are you suggesting that Sisters have more / different experiences with this than others?

Or am i completely on the wrong road ... :keepgoing:

Again ... Welcome Home!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

10. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279
    please go deeper with this.. I am learning something new!