Black Sports : OVERRATED

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by oceolo, May 9, 2005.

1. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Who in sports today do you consider overrated? I am not trying to say that these athlete arent very good I just think they get way to much credit and publicity. Here is my list in each major sport.

NFL - Brett Farve

NBA - Yao Ming

MLB - Derek Jeter ( the most overrated by far)

Boxing - Arturo Gatti ( Panafrica please dont say Tyson LOL)

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    LMAO @ Oceolo....actually brother I agree with your list in every sport! On boxing I'd add Vitali Klitschko with Arturo Gatti.

3. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    When Vitali actually defends his title against a top 10 fighter, then I'll remove him from overrated status.

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hey you gotta admit you get your money's worth watch Arturo Gatti fights. There maybe several knock downs, cuts over eyes. His fights are like watching a Rocky movie. Hey how about Mister "I'm coming to the ring on a flying carpet" Prince Nassim Hammed? He must be doing some rock climbing or cliff diving cause he shole fell off. :climb:

Peace.....

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I have to agree on this list Ming is most overrated one they hype it up
    to the max and he can't carry his team they ride on the back of McGrady

7. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    I would have definitely have picked Prince Nassem if he were still around.Where is he anyway?

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Hamed pretty much retired after Marco Antonio Barerra beat him....I think he has only had one fight after that.

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother man, Derek Jeter is NOT overrated... That's coming from a lifelong Mets fan who cannot stand the Yankees - unless they're losing, like now(smile!) Love 'em now, boyyy!(smile!) That guy doesn't have guady stats, but he is one of the most clutch performers when it counts... Go git the video tapes, brother, you'll see.

Brett Favre aint over-rated, either... Man's been a great quarterback, and has led his team to two super bowls(1 vic)... Can't say that about Dan Marino or Peyton Manning, now can ya???

Another over-rated Quarterback was Phil Simms... They act like that cat won the Superbowl all by himself in New York - like he didn't have a mean-assed defense to support his anemic quarterbacking... They forget this clown lost his job to Scott Bruener and Jeff Hostetler, man... Remember old Scott Bruener??? Puhleeeze!

Dominique Wilkins... Jump to the moon and dunk, but so what! A lotta cats could do what he did - and did!

Ya Bwoi, Mike Tyson... Come on, now, be real... This cat was no good after Buster Busted dat booty in 1990... Beatin' tomata cans is not about greatness, and you cannot name 2 great fighters in their prime, that this tomata can beat... BTW, Tyson and I grew up in the same town, same neighborhood, so I aint mad at those who praise him... I just wonder what they're lookin' at???(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

10. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Vince Carter. So he scores a lot. He also takes a lot of shots, misses a lot of shots, and takes a lot of bad shots. Doesn't pass the ball. Complains a lot. Negative attitude if everything isn't peaches and cream. Admitted that he didn't try hard his last two seasons with the Toronto Raptors because he wanted to be traded. The list goes on and on. There are a lot of overrated players in basketball. Boxing, I'd have to say Vladimir Klitchko. I haven't heard anything from him ever since Corey Sanders kicked his butt. Arturo Gatti to me is a good figther. I mean, he may not be the best, but he does come to fight, which is more than I can say about most fighters, especially heavyweights.