Overcoming Shyness

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by babyshy1, Sep 24, 2005.

1. babyshy1

babyshy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Hey everyone i havent been on here for months! Anyway I live in the UK and i've recently started college(i'm 16)and i love it so far! The people are so friendly and i've found it so easy to make friends.In high school i was always the quiet one.i realised that i didnt feel comfortable around the people in my old school,and alot of the people their seemed to have a problem with me so that didn't help at all.Anyway no one in my college believes im shy i talk my mind all the time,and im forever talking. I've really found some true friends and i've realised that i'm no longer shy.

The whole point of this post is that i dont have alot of guy friends,and i'd really love it if i did.Even if i was to become friends with cute boys i like i wouldnt mind but im too shy in that department.It's quite hard to do that where i live because alot guys don't believe that males and females can be JUST friends & nothing more.I find that when boys occasionally approach me it's for a relationship or sex and im not ready for any of that.I just want to find some genuine boys, but how do i go about this? I have a few in my classes but i'd like to mingle & talk to boys in other classes, i already have enough female friends.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    you are 16, stay the hell away from guys and stay in your studies!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    it will all come to you in time , right now this should be the least your worry
    but getting that grade and setting up your career advancement , boy will be
    around and surely shyness is no crime .

Often time to overcome shyness is to be open with your self not afraid to stand up
    and allow self to inner act friendly but stay focus on higher education and school

good luck......Ms.shyness and not sure

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    If you are not looking for a boyfriend, then why worry about it? Befriending single men as a single woman (particularly if you are attractive), is challenging anyway because most men in this predicament will want something more. And if the man has a girlfriend he's going to want to spend time with her, not his gal pal.

This is why you won't find too many friendships like this with people out of middle school and highschool. Those that last tend to be formed from situations/environments where sexuality is restricted, (the workplace, or the other party having their own relationship).

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i think you should remain shy.
    it will keep you out of trouble.

6. caramelpython

caramelpython Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +42
    Nothing wrong with being shy and there is nothing wrong with breaking out of that shell and doing u! I was shy a long time ago...... I even laugh at hiw shy I was back then. So take your time and let it come to u.

But like james said u can keep out of alot of trouble being shy...... :haha:

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    16 y o!!!But u have ur LIFE before you to have males buddies!!!But now,as B James said:Be FOCUSED ON YA STUDY!!!Everything has a time and if u lose it,u may regret it ur whole life!I know what i'm talking about!I'm a bit older than u -i've 20 y o- but i guess i'm more experiment.