Group Think : Overcoming Self-Hate Part II

Destructional behaivors yet deem to a close do to us collectively still embeded deep in our past
One may state self-hate against another but yet not be aware of themselves , for it is not one to judge
I think if we stop pointing and start looking outside the black box we could see wit a better view
One can't hate without hate of themselve black is black no matter of the choices made
yes we all have a free verse of choices which we so choose our path and direction to move in
i myself is not seen as who i am but what da world want me to be to them , but i say
(I am that i am what i am of my free will i so choose my fate and happiness it makes me
no less or no more then my fellow brother or sister )
so you see the question remains unanswered because no one can judge anothers fate
love or choices
but often voice there concern sometime it can be hate but often just concerns

Not one living soul can say , but display lack of when it comes to choices only the one made them must live with them choices

I learn long ago to respect the choices made today's age and time is not like the royal 20's to the late 60's and early 70's .....
we in a new age and time we need to render from da past.

In this case, there shall be no need for "Forums" on "Overcoming Self-hate" insomuch as personal choices are concerned.

It all depend on how we accept the term self-hate .....how we individually see it
Self-hatred, self-loathing, also sometimes autophobia refers to an extreme dislike of oneself, or being angry at oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group to which one belongs. For instance, "ethnic self-hatred" is the extreme dislike of one's ethnic group. Accusations of self-hatred are often used as an hominem attack, Self-hatred is also a prime feature of avoidant of a personality
disorder.
So often we as individuals display the self enflicked term of greed toward another fellow human being

We as people of color / black need to divide our emtrapment mental thinking from from the reality of the world today and learn to enforce our minds to find solutions to our many deep problems range from depression to poverty and the struggle of us as a whole collectively , it is in my power to hope that we change our structure of thinking so we can face the high rise of problems at our doorstep....Remeber the word
SELF-HATE......it mean no more then you would hate self ...well i love me therefore i love my people every last one don't matter of there choices / what they done or where they going .
To over come self hate to me and this me .....Learn to love self before you can love another self hate is only a term used to gain a battle / war or be combative or argumental

we find self hate throughout being argumental which most will state
an (inductive argument) asserts that they feel is the real truth of the conclusion is supported by the premises. so again self hate is within the individual whom so hate themselves....

Who am i to judge when judgement is not mines to do so , but i own the rights to love and embrace my choices beyond copmpare
be whom you are and not what others want you to be brother .
SO NO WE DON'T NEED FORUMS TO SELF HATE ......BUT ONE TO LOVE THOU SELF TO LOVE ANOTHER .

It all depend on how we accept the term self-hate .....how we individually see it
Self-hatred, self-loathing, also sometimes autophobia refers to an extreme dislike of oneself, or being angry at oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group to which one belongs. For instance, "ethnic self-hatred" is the extreme dislike of one's ethnic group. Accusations of self-hatred are often used as an hominem attack, Self-hatred is also a prime feature of avoidant of a personality
disorder.
So often we as individuals display the self enflicked term of greed toward another fellow human being

SO NO WE DON'T NEED FORUMS TO SELF HATE ......BUT ONE TO LOVE THOU SELF TO LOVE ANOTHER .

Lets be more specific here, as I am not sure we are on the same sheet of music. I understand your definition of self-hatred, or self-loathing in its general form as being an "extreme dislike of own ethnic group". I have no problem with that definition. I do, however, have a problem with any self-appointed "Council on Black Correctness" determining that certain behaviours or choices that an individual black man or woman makes being CLASSIFIED as "self-hatred" or "self-loathing" if that behaviour is not destructive to the collective and if that choice is one that the individual himself is pleased with. If a sister wants to straighten her hair or wear colored contact lenses, that is a fashion CHOICE that she has made and no Self-appointed "Council on Black Correctness" has any right to deem those CHOICES as self-hatred. Again, we are not bound to the CHOICES of our ancestors or to the Choices of the majority of our contemporaries. We are all FREE!! Freedom is not restrictive to the choices of others, we all get to be ourselves as long as we are not hurting others. Therefore, NOBODY, gets to look down their noses at us for choices we make and deem those choices as self-loathing.

So, specifically, what choices, actions, behaviors are you trying to classify as self-hatred, self-loathing, or autophobia? Can I murder a fellow brother for steping on my shoes or a 5 dollar loan and not be considered as displaying symptoms of self-hate????? If I marry a white woman (as I did), is that considered as displaying symptoms of self-hate??? Lets be specific as to what, exactly, we are trying to consider symptoms of self-hate, because as I said, from all I can tell the self-appointed "Council on Black Correctness" is trying to attack, criticized, diagnose, and medicate the freedom of Choice of grown black men and women. Brothers and Sisters, be it known, WE ARE NO LONGER SLAVES, but FREE.....which includes FREEDOM TO DIFFER IN OPINIONS OF WHAT IS RIGHT OR DESIRABLE FOR ONES SELF.

Again, to clearify my point, I did not question whether we needed forums TO self-hate, but whether we needed one on "Overcoming" "Self-hatred" insumuch as personal choices are concerned. In other words, why does one need to "overcome" exercising their freedom of choice??? Is it because the "Self-appointed" CoBC determined that their motive for that choice was "self-hate"?

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Clyde :heart: I have passed your request on to an Administrator, Sister Purple. I am certain she will respond to you directly when ready.
Zulile

Zulile and PurpleMoons,

After reading the direction the thread seems to be going, and in the absence of Purple creating a Forum as I had asked, let me make clear this point.

Whoever makes the final decision should understand that a serious attempt at drawing up a plan to help identify Self-Hate is in process, and is a tribute to an on going problem within our community that needs addressing, is in addition to and continues in the mode of past threads. KWABENA recently searched for and supplied a very invaluable link.

It is this time consuming element of not bringing togther all relevant efforts toward solving the issue of self hate that speaks to creating a Forum. It is as simple as that. Bring all disucssions under one umbrella, if for nothing else, easy access.

This covers all past attempts and future attempts to discuss and resolve the issue of self hate(unless Destee has made a decision to not allow any more discussions on the subject). That is the purpose and will someone please let me know the outcome.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back