Black Parenting : Outdated Sex Ed Dangerous to Kids!

Information concerning your quote:

Yes! Teen BIRTH RATES are at an all time low. But not teen sex. Or teen PREGNANCIES. CDC can fool people with their stats. But here an article about it and another posted at the bottom. STI's are still high on among teen girls.

www.npr.org/2012/08/19/159252419/teen-pregnancy-declines-but-u-s-still-lags-behind

However, in lieu of that information we are by far still way behind other countries.
To continue to support your findings, check this out.

http://studentsforlife.org/2012/04/10/why-are-teen-birth-rates-really-dropping/

We are still lagging too far behind.

I meant pregnancy is down. However, there is also evidence that the opportunities for sex is on the decline for teens as well. However, I agree that it is way to early to tell on that count. We both agree about std.s. I think that has to do with ignorance. Our political structure is quite duplicitous on this. Thus my Sexual Ed. thread

Because the local legislatures mandate it. It is they that controll the schools and their funding. Moreover, they tend to reflect the community as a whole. Therefore, your views may be a minority vocally.

This is incorrect. Teen pregnancy is way down all across the board. It is assumed, largely because there is no money in having oow kids and it doesnt bring the perceived independence.

By definition, children dont have the ability to make proper adult decisions. Thus expecting them to do so is no less than playing with fire. And there is plenty of data to back this up

It has only been within the last 2 to 5 years that the numbers of TEEN BIRTHRATES have declined. That has nothing to do with TEEN PREGNANCY or TEEN STI'S. These children can get abortions, miscarry or have still births. Uh oh. CDC can fool people in how they release information.

Yes funds are controlled but that doesn't control teen behavior, only what and how sex education will or will not be taught in a public school system.

Local legislatures do not always in my opinion have the pulse on the community at large, that is for a community forum to decide and because we don't have many of those left, I find it hard to believe that our voices are even being heard on many issues, especially this one.

Lastly, I would love to SEE your data on children not having the ability to "make proper adult decisions" concerning this topic.

I have worked with children for over 16 years and have found MANY to have the ability to make positive decisions and choices when provided with INFORMATION and connecting negative outcomes to their peers who have made different choices that were not in their best interests. If we "dummy" down our children they will stay victims, it is when we provide them the ability to be smarter that they shine. EUROPE has already proven that this can happen and it does work. So, why should our black children or any young adult for that matter be deemed as not capable of making better choices.

SMH.. I know many ADULTS who can't make "adult decisions"..... :thinking:

I meant pregnancy is down. However, there is also evidence that the opportunities for sex is on the decline for teens as well. However, I agree that it is way to early to tell on that count. We both agree about std.s. I think that has to do with ignorance. Our political structure is quite duplicitous on this. Thus my Sexual Ed. thread

Ok. But my point was that there is a difference between birth rate (children BORN) and pregnancy.

CDC reported about BIRTH RATES not PREGNANCY. So, teen pregnancy may still be where it was previously, we don't know that for sure due to report being about BIRTH RATE.

Just saying. I agree but just wanted to make it clear that these are two different things.

It has only been within the last 2 to 5 years that the numbers of TEEN BIRTHRATES have declined. That has nothing to do with TEEN PREGNANCY or TEEN STI'S. These children can get abortions, miscarry or have still births. Uh oh. CDC can fool people in how they release information.

Yes funds are controlled but that doesn't control teen behavior, only what and how sex education will or will not be taught in a public school system.

Local legislatures do not always in my opinion have the pulse on the community at large, that is for a community forum to decide and because we don't have many of those left, I find it hard to believe that our voices are even being heard on many issues, especially this one.

Lastly, I would love to SEE your data on children not having the ability to "make proper adult decisions" concerning this topic.

I have worked with children for over 16 years and have found MANY to have the ability to make positive decisions and choices when provided with INFORMATION and connecting negative outcomes to their peers who have made different choices that were not in their best interests. If we "dummy" down our children they will stay victims, it is when we provide them the ability to be smarter that they shine. EUROPE has already proven that this can happen and it does work. So, why should our black children or any young adult for that matter be deemed as not capable of making better choices.

SMH.. I know many ADULTS who can't make "adult decisions"..... :thinking:

The economic down turn is the main reason for the fall off. It is all over. This is real. Time will tell if it is permenant. Teen abortion rates havent risen. That data is checkable.

Many teens got pregnant as a way out of the house. This was documented in studies thru the 80s and 90s. Thus the move to cut funding for 2nd and 3rd children and not allowing the child to leave the home. There is a direct coerrelation between that law and the decline.

Local legislature reflect communities because thats who elected them. It is what it is.

It isnt my data. And the rise in teen pregnancy and std.s is proof enough

I have mentored in schools for over 20. They dont have a clue! They are playing grownup. They see their friends screw up and follow the leader. That isnt a sign of maturity. Eoru style has proven very little. Their society is in free fall.

Many adults arent

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back