Out on Commission

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Aaliyahmonet, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Aaliyahmonet

Aaliyahmonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've been out on commission for awhile, but i'm happy to be back. Things have been going pretty hectic for me. Someone very close to me named Joe has been diagnosed with lupus. I never heard of a man getting this type of disease, but i heard it's rare. It's been really hard for me because i have to struggle. He's been sick for a year and it all started out as a stomach virus. His doctor states that he has a woman's chromosome. Then from stomach virus, it went to all these skin problems, especially dermatitis. He's been in and out of the hospital for the last 6 months, and right now, his Lupus is in a bad stage. It could take away his ability to see. I just need some answers and prayers.

Aaliyahmonet

2. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    AM,
    My grammy has been diagnosed with Lupus for 18 years now. She has Lupus in the form of Musculoskeletal disease as well as Rheumatoid Arthritis. She has suffered from deteriorating joints...including joints in her knees, hips, spine and neck. Initially it started out with rashes on her face and hair loss. Luckily she does not have the type of Lupus that attacks the organs...or she would have passed away long ago.

What has seemed to work for her is striving to control most of the disease by diet and tylenol 2 regime. She does not take the prescribed steriod drugs because they make you retain water...and cause other problems...which in the long run make you even more sick. (well she only takes them when she has extreme pain...but only ONE pill).

Your friend has a long journey. He should research the disease on his own as much as possible (or with your help). He may want to see a naturopath as well as his regular physician. Your support and the support of family is very helpful to him as well...

I wish your friend well...and hopes he goes into remission soon. The key is to not take so many drugs that the system can't fight off the disease.

3. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'll be praying for you sister. Keep your head up. You aren't alone.