Black Relationships : Our youth starting to like "dumb"

I-khan said:
those of us with more positive views are out there,just without a voice, you know how the world media is dusty...

Yeah I know but I want to see stability in our youth lives and not from a class perspective. I know around the middle class there is more 'positive' but down where a great many of us find ourselves these views are growing and leading more lives to ruin.

dustyelbow said:
Yeah I know but I want to see stability in our youth lives and not from a class perspective. I know around the middle class there is more 'positive' but down where a great many of us find ourselves these views are growing and leading more lives to ruin.
true indeed, I try to show those with less positive views (from my experience they are usually males,without father figures and such) that 'marriage' is larger than what they have been led to believe and that they do not want to complicate the situation using certain things..I try to tell them that using their immediate family and such can be more self defeatist than anything by citing 'negative' examples as rampant as they run over the 'positive' examples that come before the 'negativity'....

It seems as if though many of our people in this world approach 'love and marriage' from the same perspective of the current (animalistic) world powers and not a holistic afrikan/native american perspective...though physical attraction plays a role in such a thing it should not be the basis which exposes the MYTH of 'love at first sight' and changes it to 'interest/lust at first sight'....i try to tell them that they should not actively look for a 'spouse' in the same manner as many people in this world do today...for emotional/sensual/economic stability with the guise of a 'life partner'...

I could go on.....but I need to pass this message on to some peoples who need it... but at the end of the day...many of our own did learn this behavior from our current colonial/economic masters....

I-khan said:
true indeed, I try to show those with less positive views (from my experience they are usually males,without father figures and such) that 'marriage' is larger than what they have been led to believe and that they do not want to complicate the situation using certain things..I try to tell them that using their immediate family and such can be more self defeatist than anything by citing 'negative' examples as rampant as they run over the 'positive' examples that come before the 'negativity'....

It seems as if though many of our people in this world approach 'love and marriage' from the same perspective of the current (animalistic) world powers and not a holistic afrikan/native american perspective...though physical attraction plays a role in such a thing it should not be the basis which exposes the MYTH of 'love at first sight' and changes it to 'interest/lust at first sight'....i try to tell them that they should not actively look for a 'spouse' in the same manner as many people in this world do today...for emotional/sensual/economic stability with the guise of a 'life partner'...

I could go on.....but I need to pass this message on to some peoples who need it... but at the end of the day...many of our own did learn this behavior from our current colonial/economic masters....

I-Khan, here is a story of how DUMB (less spiritual) we are becoming.

US COHABITING WITH WHITES MORE

Having US COHABITING as a LIFESTYLE is a COMPLETE JOKE.

I think it is unfair to say that teenagers are dumb because they do not believe in marriage. I posted the relationship rolemodels thread to see how many people actually take the concept of love and the mold of their relationships from their parents. And only a few people answered because I believe those were the only people with two parent households in a loving relationship. We all know the sad condition of relationships between black men and woman. What makes you think that teenagers don't recognize this? I've come across a lot of girls who say they don't plan on marrying a black man, that they don't think they can find one good enough. That in itself is an entirely different topic and yes, we are talking about teens yet who know nothing about life, but still. It tells me something. It tells me that early on in life we don't expect greatness from each other, not even love. How is this the teenagers fault? This is a collective error.

Sodwn2earth said:
I think it is unfair to say that teenagers are dumb because they do not believe in marriage. I posted the relationship rolemodels thread to see how many people actually take the concept of love and the mold of their relationships from their parents. And only a few people answered because I believe those were the only people with two parent households in a loving relationship. We all know the sad condition of relationships between black men and woman. What makes you think that teenagers don't recognize this? I've come across a lot of girls who say they don't plan on marrying a black man, that they don't think they can find one good enough. That in itself is an entirely different topic and yes, we are talking about teens yet who know nothing about life, but still. It tells me something. It tells me that early on in life we don't expect greatness from each other, not even love. How is this the teenagers fault? This is a collective error.

Well, I dont want to be a CURSE to my RACE. When you say things like "I don't plan on marrying a black men or women' you find yourself CURSED, DUMB too, unable to have genuine sincerity about many issue in life especially OUR ISSUE with RACE.

As a fool I stay FAR AWAY from such individuals. It's not good for the COMMUNITY.

Teenage years is when you DEVELOP your PATTERNS you will FOLLOW for the next 20-40 years. If a girl start wearing full blown make up at the teenage years most likely she will be wearing that in here 30's and 40's. Same with a guy if he starts cursing and calling women nasty names mostly likely he will carry the same sentiments in his 30's and 40's.

So this MARRIAGE sentiment carries the SAME WEIGHT.

This already TELLS me TEENAGERS are around UNHEALTY SITUATIONS with ADULTS who PROMOTE such LUCID ACTIVITIES.

I would be WORRIED about the HEALTH of OUR COMMUNITIES with such DUMB ideas BREWING.

But

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back