Black People : Our Voice Video Chat Is Working Again - Thank You Brother Monetary!

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Yall know me, I just gotta tell it.

When God blesses so abundantly, it's meant to be told, to be shared with others.

In my Video Tribute to Sister Queen, I mentioned how Sister Queen had paid for the hosting of our video voice chat the first quarter of this year. She passed during the first month of the second quarter. I also talked about how I would now have to do without her help, and wasn't sure how I was going to pull it all off. Well, in July, our chat video voice hosting functionality was turned off due to non-payment. While the chat room was there, you could go in and text to each other, but there were no microphone or web cam capabilities.

I did not have the money to turn it back on myself. Our chat has never been down like this, for non-payment, in our site's life. While a situation like this would normally weigh very heavy on my heart, I wasn't real worried about it. I've grown so much, learned that I can't change or fix everything by myself, and just gotta let the stuff go that I cannot do. I just knew that I had to wait until I could afford it myself, or until God blessed in some other great fashion.

Well Well Well ... let me tell you ...

The other day our Dear Darling Brother Monetary wrote to me, asking, what's up with our chat, why isn't it working, and what will it take to get it back working. He said, Destee, I want our chat back up and running! :D

I was so humbled, so honored that he'd even ASK about what my heart loves (this community), let alone actually CONSIDER doing something about it, doing something to help keep it alive. The thought alone was great encouragement to me. I would have been satisfied with that, truly, for Monetary has always been willing to help in great ways. He is a Premium Member already (always has been), already helping, yet willing to do more. I don't know if yall can feel how grateful I am to him, but to have someone on your side, when the chips are down ... well ... if you've ever had that, you might know how I feel right now. I am so honored.

His simply asking about it, warmed my heart.

Well ... I told him what was wrong, and what it would take to get it back up and running ... and guess what ... he immediately sent the money! That allowed me to go to our providers, bring our account current, and then some.

It was so sweet. I gotta tell yall, getting his money made me want to just take it and run! Get on a bus, find a mule, sump'n, and just leave town. I even thought of taking that money and pay on our site's hosting fees (which I think are more important than the chat) since they are always on the edge too ... I thought all kinds of things ... I know I spent that money 900 different ways, in my mind ... :)

Ultimately though ... after fantasizing for a minute ... I did what I was suppose to do, and paid our chat hosting services.

Our voice and video chat functionality is back! :toast: :toast: :toast:

Brother OldSoul can host his class again, Group Think can meet again, we can start our healthy living / weight loss chats again, we can even do Friday Night Poetry ThrowDown again! We can do whatever we want! We can continue to welcome anyone that wants to host a class of their own, the opportunity, resources, and established community of Members to listen in and learn!

Our Voice Video Chat is so many years old. We've had classes here at destee for longer than I can remember. It's not been easy providing free services to everyone, but we're still here, doing the exact same thing.

Since I'm talking about our chat room, I want to encourage any and everyone that might have an expertise, a business, a book, a desire to set themselves up as leaders in a chosen area ... to host a class with us. It's free to everyone. We provide the platform and the captivating audience! It's a great way to promote yourself, teach, share, and sharpen your own presentation and communication skills ... in a warm and loving environment. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year, and it has always been my hope to fill each and every one of those hours up with a Sister or Brother teaching / sharing / learning themselves!

I am so honored for Brother Monetary's help. Like I said, he aint just started helping, but to return home and see a need, and immediately ask ... what can i do ... and actually do it! They just don't make Brothers like this every single day! I didn't have to ask for his help. I didn't have to beg. I didn't have to do anything. I didn't have to get naked or sell my soul. I didn't have to do anything but receive his great show of love and support for this community. It just doesn't get any better than this ... folk helping because they want to ... because they are moved in their own Spirit to do so. It's the kind of help I've always held out for, always longed for, and I am honored to receive.

Thank You Monetary :kiss:

You're not even home often, as in days past, yet you do this.

Shoot ... okay ... i know i aint gotta get nekked for you ... but i think i'm willing ... :lol:

Oh Gosh !!! I'm Kidding !!! ... right ... ?? ... :nuts:

You're So Sweet. This is So Sweet. I Love You! Thank You !!!

Yes Family ... our chat is back up and running ... so go on in, enjoy yourself, get on the mic, get on cam, play some music, share some wisdom, a joke, or whatever you'd like ... for it is our own chat room ... as humble as it may be ... it is ours ... supported and maintained by us.

Thank You Monetary :grouphug:

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Sister MsDrea was DJ'n last night ... sounding oh so good and relaxing ... while we chatted and got caught up on stuff.

We met two new Members that came through while we were there ... Sisters 9EtherAlchemist and SweetMaddness.

Seemed like old times again ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSS !!!! ... :toast:

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Love brother Monetary for your warmth and devotion to the life of this community
and thankz for doing what so many wouldn't , thank you for your earnest that has
provide us another chance in chat w/live voices/cam and what's so dear to Destee
thank you Money for all u do and did my brother .

"Thanks Monetary for the new chat instructions at the top of the page"

• I. To View a Chatter’s Cam or Hear Their Microphone→ a. Step #1: Click on the chatter’s name, a box will popup.
      b. Step #2: Click on Watch his/her AV Stream. The person’s cam will appear next to Your Webcam.
      → To mute the chatter’s sound, click on the speaker icon inside the chatter’s cam box/window once. To remove the mute, click on the speaker icon again.
      → To mute the chatter’s cam, click on the cam icon inside the chatter’s cam box/window once. To remove the mute, click on the cam icon again.

II. To Talk on the Mic
      a. Step #1: Go to Your Webcam, top left. If your cam is NOT showing, click Start Your Cam & Mic. The Your Webcam box/window will appear.
      b. Step #2: Click on the icon next to the “X” in your cam box/window, a "blue" box/window will popup. (Note: DO NOT click the “X” in your webcam. It will close your web cam.)
      c. Step #3: Click on the box next to Mic is on (p2t is off) to remove check mark. Click Close. You will see a “red” button in Your Webcam box/window.
      → d. When you want to talk on the mic, click the Push To Talk button and HOLD. You are now LIVE on the mic. The Push To Talk button turns “blue.”
      → e. When you want to release the mic, let go of the Push To Talk button. The button turns “red” again.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back