Black Spirituality Religion : Our Spiritual and Religious Diversity

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by kenyatta, Jan 26, 2004.

1. kenyatta

kenyatta Well-Known Member MEMBER

fork lift driver
    Ratings:
    +2
    Peace and Blessings, Hetep, Asalaam Alakum, Shalom, Amani, and any others that I haven't printed here.

I've been reading various post here, and to be real about it, I see a lot of good things and a lot of bad. The good is that, no matter what, I see our yearning and desire for acknowledgement of a higer power than ourselves...which is universal among our people. That's a good thing. It's also a good thing that we move in and out of religions and beliefs. That's good simply because it means that those of us on a spiritual road are searching for something beyond the books we've been given to learn from, the beliefs our parents may have instilled in us that don't quite sit right with us....and then of course, there are those of us who follow the one signifigant statement of Amuwali, aka. Malcolm X. He stated that: "History Is Best Qualified To Reward All Research".
    This statement is a crucial one, especially in terms of what we believe and what we practice as a people. I once believed that religion, if we must have one, was a very personal thing to and with each person. That however isn't the case at all. We will find in all religions and creeds the elements of history, nationalism, social values and economics. The other issue is in the purposeful assasination of our character as a people historically and spiritually. Please allow me to give a small example:

If you are a Christian, where is your holy land ? If you are Judaic, where is your holy land? If you are a Muslim, where is your holy land? If you are a Buddist, where is your holy land? If you are a Gods and Earth or Five Percenter, where is your holy land? If you are of the Nation of Islam, where is your holy land? I could go on and on, but the point to be made here is this:

How is it that the oldest people on the planet who taught all others, who gave birth to all others, who gave civilization and science and spiritual concepts and even language now find themselves JUMPING OVER AFRICA to go to someone elses holy land ??? Did our people not have their own ? Sure they did. Did they not have THEIR OWN HOLY BOOKS OR SPIRITUAL WRITINGS long before there was a hebrew, european, indian or china man on this earth ? Sure they did. Or, for those of us who are only able to see some things and not others, are we trying to say that OUR PEOPLE WERE ON EARTH FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS WAITING IN HUTS FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO COME AND TEACH US ABOUT GOD OR A CREATOR?

This is just a little something I want everyone to think about, because I'm coming back with more and I want to take this slow and easy so that we have understanding and not conflict. I want harmony and enlightenment with our people and with those who may not have gone as indepth with our reality as others may have. As I stated somewhere on this site, I may be a teacher, but I'm just as much a student...and I'm sure there will be surprises for everyone here...for until history became the doorway upon which I walked, I was once a Christian, Muslim, Five per center, Buddist, Hebrew Israelite and everything else in my quest to reach the point I now find myself in time. History is a good thing, but it's dangerous also. It's good because there is freedom in it...but it's dangerous because of the emotional and mental energies it may cause one to go through as one learns that which we as a people have not been given yet...the truth.

We have before us two world powers...one is religion and the other is politics. We can understand how politics became a world power, but how can religion or truth be a world power in the face of so much corruption?...unless their sleeping together ? Peace, I will return.

Luv Ya
    Keita Otiba Kenyatta

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Kenyatta ... i thoroughly enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing.

Reading it has me looking forward to your online class. :wink:

Please join us in Sister Chat tonight if you can ... www.destee.com/chat ... your Spirit is needed!

:heart:

Destee

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Ase! Ase! Ase-O!

4. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    That was great. I really enjoyed reading it.

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://www.historytimes.com/fresh-p...29--the-ballot-or-the-bullet-speech-malcolm-x

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

:zipit:

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Was not the "religion" of ancient Kemet also a part of its politics?

Did not the rulers of ancient Kemet use their "religion" to over-throw other kingdoms?

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Well, as for any "Holy Land," I would say it lies somewhere in here...

Genesis 2:

[10] And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
    [11] The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
    [12] And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
    [13] And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
    [14] And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

Genesis 15:

[18] In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
    [19] The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
    [20] And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
    [21] And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girga****es, and the Jebusites.

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    With being a Christian, our Holy Land is the land promised to all faithful. It's not based on blood heritage of the flesh, but that of the Spirit, which is for greater.

None were just waiting around to be taught about the Father; He was known from the start, and later men began to forget His Way, His Spirit, His compassion upon us all. He reminded us again with the sending of His Son for our salvation, by His sacrifice, and His resurrection which will be the same for all believing, trusting and faithful.

My belief is that the Holy Books of the scriptures, or the Bible, or older than what is let on, going as far back to the creation of the earth; so, to me, it's the original teachings. :D

10. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Where is our Holy Land? For all who submits to God this whole planet belongs to Us. In my growth I have come to the understanding that it's not what you call yourself but making your word BOND.